Windows 10: Desktop Dual Monitor Issues / Desktop Apps Wrong Monitor

Discus and support Desktop Dual Monitor Issues / Desktop Apps Wrong Monitor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, just wanting to get some further help with an issue I'm having. Bit of backstory, so I sent my monitor away to be repaired and it came back today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Thirkey4221, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Desktop Dual Monitor Issues / Desktop Apps Wrong Monitor

Hi, just wanting to get some further help with an issue I'm having. Bit of backstory, so I sent my monitor away to be repaired and it came back today all fixed. But since getting it back today it thinks it's the main monitor as it has the desktop apps on the background?

I've been mucking around in device manager and updated my AMD drivers, even tried rolling it back and not too sure what else I can try.

Windows 10 | AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

• Main monitor is display port and is plugged into the primary display port on the graphics card
    • Second monitor is on HDMI and is in the secondary input on the graphics card.

Computer boots and displays information on the main monitor, but once unlocked the second monitor acts as the primary despite the "make main monitor" setting.

When toggling the "make main monitor" setting from monitor 1 to 2 the desktop icons appear on the main monitor for the briefest period of time and then changes to the second monitor.

Not the biggest deal to be worried about, more of a curiosity and I would like to know how to fix it.

submitted by /u/Thirkey4221
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Thirkey4221, Feb 1, 2021
  2. Yro82 Win User

Remote Desktop app (NOT Connection) dual monitor

Hey how do I use dual monitor for Remote Desktop app (NOT Remote Desktop Connection). Im on a PC running Windows 10 home.

Yro82, Feb 1, 2021
  3. RNL94 Win User
    Virtual Desktop / Dual Monitor Issue

I just setup a 2nd monitor to work from home. Using Windows 10, I am able to move things around from monitor to monitor without issue. However, when I login to the virtual desktop for work, I am unable to drag anything from work to the 2nd monitor.....the
    cursor moves, but the windows do not "travel" with it.

If I minimize my virtual desktop, I am able to move my personal items around as usual.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

RNL94, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Desktop Dual Monitor Issues / Desktop Apps Wrong Monitor

Desktop with dual monitors one black

I have dual monitors on my desktop. Its a 64 bit I7 3.2ghz (6 core) with 13gb of ram. I am running a single Geforce GTX570. When I loaded Windows 10 I didn't have any issues at all with the the monitor set up. Now only one of my monitors works. If I
    switch the cables both monitors function. I have been through the MS troubleshooting and have gotten no where. And have reloaded my drivers at least three times now.

Anyone have any idea what is going on here?

FrankAcree, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Desktop Dual Monitor Issues / Desktop Apps Wrong Monitor

1. Desktop Dual Monitor Issues / Desktop Apps Wrong Monitor - Similar Threads - Desktop Dual Monitor

2. Dual Monitor not available for Remote Desktop App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitor not available for Remote Desktop App: Equipment:-Surface Laptop 4- Home Edition w/ Windows 11-Surface Dock 2-2- HDMI to USB-C adapters-Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Arc Mouse-2- Dell 27" MonitorsWork Equipment:-Lenovo- Pro Edition w/ Windows 10. Issue:When connecting my dock to my Surface Laptop there are no...
  3. Dual Monitor not available for Remote Desktop App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitor not available for Remote Desktop App: Equipment:-Surface Laptop 4- Home Edition w/ Windows 11-Surface Dock 2-2- HDMI to USB-C adapters-Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Arc Mouse-2- Dell 27" MonitorsWork Equipment:-Lenovo- Pro Edition w/ Windows 10. Issue:When connecting my dock to my Surface Laptop there are no...
  4. Remote Desktop Dual Monitor

Remote Desktop Dual Monitor: just downloaded windows 10 Pro, because windows 10 Home didn't support remote desktop. Now I cannot get my second monitor to work in the Remote Desktop, only allows it on one monitor....
  5. Remote Desktop app NOT Connection dual monitor

Remote Desktop app NOT Connection dual monitor: Hey how do I use dual monitor for Remote Desktop app NOT Remote Desktop Connection. Im on a PC running Windows 10 home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-app-not-connection-dual-monitor/124b215c-3ec6-426e-8981-51d0896c0b2c
  6. Dual monitor goes to desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor goes to desktop: Hello! I have a dual monitor setup but whenever I click anywhere on my secondary monitor, my primary monitor goes to the desktop even if there was a fullscreen app on it. How can I keep the fullscreen app playing while also using my secondary monitor? submitted by...
  7. Dual Monitor Saved Files on Desktop to Secondary Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Monitor Saved Files on Desktop to Secondary Monitor: Hey guys, I always have programs like Photoshop and others open on the Main Monitor and its really annoying to minimize the programs to open stuff on the desktop. I want them to be saved automatically to the secondary monitor. I tried Fences but it's really a clunky program...
  8. Virtual Desktop / Dual Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Desktop / Dual Monitor Issue: I just setup a 2nd monitor to work from home. Using Windows 10, I am able to move things around from monitor to monitor without issue. However, when I login to the virtual desktop for work, I am unable to drag anything from work to the 2nd monitor.....the cursor moves, but...
  9. Desktop Background different on dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Background different on dual monitors: Windows 10 Pro. Two monitors: Monitor 1 is 3840 X 2160. Monitor 2 set to Main Display is 1920 X 1080. The Desktop Background is set to "Slideshow" and "Fit" The Desktop Background is different for the two monitors though they change at the same time. If I set the background...
  10. Wireless Dual Monitors with Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Dual Monitors with Desktop: Looking for some guidance on answering what is probably a basic question. I have a HP desktop with Windows 10. I use two monitors to extend the screen. Currently I'm using cords to connect the monitors to the desktop but want to go wireless. Researching the internet I've...