Windows 10: Desktop empty but there are files in the folder?

Discus and support Desktop empty but there are files in the folder? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So my father has the problem that nothing is displayed on the desktop of his laptop. Even after he reboots. In the files folder under the desktop, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yanik2002, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Yanik2002 Win User

Desktop empty but there are files in the folder?

So my father has the problem that nothing is displayed on the desktop of his laptop. Even after he reboots. In the files folder under the desktop, the files that are no longer visible are stored normally. Whatever he changed, how do you fix it?

It's a Windows 10 laptop if that's important.

:)

Yanik2002, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Ether Win User

You are empty help

You are empty

D/l the patch but the dll file in there has a virus too...anyone else have a suggestion? thanks *Toast :toast:

Ether, Aug 6, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

Desktop

Margrave,

If the problem symptom returns [Desktop showing the correct contents when looked at in File explorer but not when looking at the Desktop itself], right-click on an empty area of the Desktop and select Refresh.

Many people have found that their Desktop's are not refreshing automatically and are forced to take this step. I searched & searched for a permanent solution but every suggestion I found either had no effect or had only a limited-duration effect.

Denis

Try3, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Desktop empty but there are files in the folder? - Similar Threads - Desktop empty are

2. Desktop and documents folders empty or missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and documents folders empty or missing: Hello, I've built a PC about 5 years ago, and finally had the need to upgrade this past week. I ended up swapping out most components, only re-using the case and fans. After my new PC was fully set up, I installed Windows 10 Pro and all applications on my new SSD. I kept my...
  3. Desktop and documents folders empty or missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop and documents folders empty or missing: Hello, I've built a PC about 5 years ago, and finally had the need to upgrade this past week. I ended up swapping out most components, only re-using the case and fans. After my new PC was fully set up, I installed Windows 10 Pro and all applications on my new SSD. I kept my...
  4. Desktop and documents folders empty or missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows update - Empty files on desktop folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update - Empty files on desktop folder: [ATTACH] Computer auto-updated after a restart a few weeks ago. I just noticed a folder on my desktop looks like this. Every file inside it has a duplicate and they’re both empty and won’t open. I don’t have a backup and it won’t let me go back to the previous version of...
  6. Empty Files on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Empty Files on Desktop: My computer recently started a weird habit. If I save a file eg: PDF, photo, etc on the desktop, and then I cut and paste the file to another folder, an empty shell of the file remains on the desktop which is not deletable. It gives me the Item Not Found message when I try to...
  7. Empty folder on Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Empty folder on Desktop: For some reason, a folder called "Moba" keeps appearing on my desktop. It is empty but every few days it appears out of nowhere. Anyway to track which programme is creating this? I am running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (Build 19042.746). Thanks https://imgur.com/a/sSSkfjz...
  8. Empty files are created on the desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Empty files are created on the desktop: I've noticed an unknown to me files on my desktop with similar names like "E9700C60", "8CA00C60" etc. At first didn't attach any importance to this and deleted files, by the way, they all are 0 kilobytes and empty if opened with notepad. After a few days these files were...
  9. Empty folder on desktop

Empty folder on desktop: I just had an empty folder titled "removeable storage devices" appear on my desktop. I have no idea where it came from. I cannot delete it. Can anybody tell me what it is or why it appeared?...
  10. Desktop folder stuck with an "empty folder" icon

Desktop folder stuck with an "empty folder" icon: This is what I see from my user folder: the desktop is now an "empty folder" icon and I am not able to change it back to the original icon. [ATTACH] I even tried every method on this well made guide but nothing worked....