Windows 10: Desktop/File Explorer Crash Loop after Login

Discus and support Desktop/File Explorer Crash Loop after Login in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Had this issue after the Nov update and was able to uninstall the offending update and disable for a month, but now I'm forced to download it and same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/okokel, Dec 1, 2020.

1. /u/okokel Win User

Desktop/File Explorer Crash Loop after Login

Had this issue after the Nov update and was able to uninstall the offending update and disable for a month, but now I'm forced to download it and same issue is back.

On start-up, logging into windows takes longer than usual. Once the desktop shows up, there is no wallpaper (just my default color), no icons on desktop or taskbar, and explorer looks like it refreshes once per second because the screen flickers. If I leave it long enough, it will quit and load the desktop normally, but it breaks some of the programs that are supposed to load on start-up.

Has anyone encountered this issue and found a fix besides uninstalling update or restoring to a previous state? No matter what I do, the update keeps coming back.

submitted by /u/okokel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/okokel, Dec 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 Login Crash Loop

Hi David,

• Which screen are you referring to?
    • Are you able to login to Desktop?
    • Are you able to see the login screen?

The power icon referred in the steps is present at the login screen. If you are able to see the login screen where you enter the password to go to Desktop, then you need to follow those steps. These steps to be followed if you are able to reach to
    login screen but unable to go to Desktop.

Please provide us more information related to the issue so that we can assist you further.

Rohit Siddegowda, Dec 1, 2020
  3. file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Desktop/File Explorer Crash Loop after Login

Stuck in explorer crash loop

Hello!

Today, out of nowhere, I started having problems with explorer. When right-clicking on the desktop (or icons on it) explorer would crash and restart itself a few seconds later (icons disappear, taskbar disappears, etc...).

I looked for a solution online and many people suggested installing ShellExView and disabling everything non-Microsoft and then re-enabling them one by one to find the culprit. Actually, disabling every non-Microsoft entry made things much worse for me, as explorer would go into a crash loop (crash, restart, crash, and so on...). For some reason I though updating Windows would help me fix everything, but after applying updates and restarting I noticed nothing had changed and now I'm stuck in the loop right after login (I basically cannot do anything except launch stuff through the task manager).

I'm currently in safe mode, and everything works fine here, but I have no idea how to fix the problem. I tried reverting to the previous build, it failed (generic error, don't really remember it). I tried restoring to a previous restore point, it failed. Even resetting failed. I just guess I'll have to reinstall w10 from scratch, I just wanted to know if there was something else to try out before doing that.

Sorry for the long post! (or maybe it looks long in safe mode because of the low resolution *Biggrin )

CaptainTuna, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Desktop/File Explorer Crash Loop after Login

1. Desktop/File Explorer Crash Loop after Login - Similar Threads - Desktop File Explorer

2. Windows explorer crashing in a loop after signing in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer crashing in a loop after signing in: Hello, my computer was working fine yesterday, but today I got on and signed in and windows explorer just crashed over and over. Everytime my GPU usage would spike to 100%, not sure if that's relevant. I checked event viewer and four events kept repeating over and over. The...
  3. Windows explorer crashing in a loop after signing in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer crashing in a loop after signing in: Hello, my computer was working fine yesterday, but today I got on and signed in and windows explorer just crashed over and over. Everytime my GPU usage would spike to 100%, not sure if that's relevant. I checked event viewer and four events kept repeating over and over. The...
  4. Windows explorer crashing in a loop after signing in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My file explorer and files on desktop crash right after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My file explorer and files on desktop crash right after opening: Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-file-explorer-and-files-on-desktop-crash-right/6ba53408-b3c0-4b2d-bc00-ba18fff4863b
  6. My file explorer and files on desktop crash right after opening

My file explorer and files on desktop crash right after opening: Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-file-explorer-and-files-on-desktop-crash-right/6ba53408-b3c0-4b2d-bc00-ba18fff4863b
  7. explorer crash loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer crash loop: Everytime I start my computer, I get a windows explrorer crash loop, it crashes, restarts and crashes again every few seconds. It stops after about 10 minutes and then starts normally.I have tried sfc and dism. I have tried clean boot and it still happened, in safe mode it...
  8. file explorer crashing in loop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer crashing in loop: so my explorer.exe is just crashing in a loop i cant click on my task bar or desktop because it'll blink to black every few seconds. ive tried dism. all i can do at this point is open task manager cant access cmd or files because they just close also cant click on start...
  9. File Explorer crashes after Right Click in Desktop

File Explorer crashes after Right Click in Desktop: Hello everyone! I'm loving the new Windows 10! But this problem is really bugging me. Whenever I right-click a file anywhere on the Desktop, the File Explorer crashes briefly and then comes right back up. This does not happen anywhere else, only on the Desktop. I...
  10. Stuck in explorer crash loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in explorer crash loop: Hello! Today, out of nowhere, I started having problems with explorer. When right-clicking on the desktop (or icons on it) explorer would crash and restart itself a few seconds later (icons disappear, taskbar disappears, etc...). I looked for a solution online and many...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer login crash loop