Windows 10: Desktop file issues

Discus and support Desktop file issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my PC said there's a problem with my microsoft account. I went into settings and clicked fix issues. I can't seem to recover my desktop. all my files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bella_015, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Bella_015 Win User

Desktop file issues

my PC said there's a problem with my microsoft account. I went into settings and clicked fix issues. I can't seem to recover my desktop. all my files are still there, just not on the desktop.

:)

Bella_015, Aug 14, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 14, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Desktop file issues

Issues in Desktop Control after Creators Fall Update

Hello Mattia,

For us to better assist you and provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we would like to know a few more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Does this issue occur when right clicking on desktop shortcut icons or in file explorer shortcut icons?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the System File Checker and DISM
    tools to scan and replace/repair your system for any file corruptions that may be causing this issue.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Desktop file issues

1. Desktop file issues - Similar Threads - Desktop file issues

2. Desktop Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Issues: So, sometimes, when I try to open my action center by clicking on it using the mouse, the icons will be like this, as an image attached below. However, the action center GUI will not open and to solve this, I would ususally use the Task Manager to restart explorer.exe to...
  3. Desktop Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Issues: So, sometimes, when I try to open my action center by clicking on it using the mouse, the icons will be like this, as an image attached below. However, the action center GUI will not open and to solve this, I would ususally use the Task Manager to restart explorer.exe to...
  4. Desktop issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop issues: So I've had to reset my PC twice due to random apps and files popping up on my desktop. I would try to hide them or put them somewhere to keep my desktop clean, but then it would interfere with games and their downloads. I don't know why it keeps doing this but I really need...
  5. desktop issue

desktop issue: I did something and now I don't have all the icons on my desktop. Instead are just a few of the apps. I think when I pressed the windows button it messed up my ability to have the icons on my desktop. how do I get it back like it was?...
  6. Issue with file explorer and desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with file explorer and desktop: Recently my Dad bought a new laptop with windows 10, an Acer. Everything has been smooth until recently he has had some issues with opening file explorer. 1) He couldn't open the file explorer in the task bar 2) When he right clicked on the background, the loading sign came...
  7. Desktop issue.

Desktop issue.: Hi : I'm finding that whenever I click on a desktop icon, a growing list of choices appears as to what I can do. It's insane. There no less than 27 options. All I need, basically, are the ability to open and delete something, to rename it or to know something about its...
  8. Desktop issue

Desktop issue: Last night, I updated my PC and today, when I opened it, all the files, including 'This PC' were removed from the desktop, except some software files. Also, some icons are automatically removed from my taskbar. Any changes in the desktop are not saved when the computer is...
  9. Remote Desktop App File Copy Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop App File Copy Issue: Help, I have downloaded the new client on my mac mini desktop with High Sierra fully patched. I can connect to servers and share files between the systems with no problem. When I try to connect to a Win10 machine I can copy files and folders up to the Win10 system. I can...
  10. Desktop issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop issues: Hello, I recently changed my RTC battery on my Toshiba laptop. On Jan 1, or yesterday, I logged on only to see that my desktop has been changed and I lost all application data, like the applications are still there but I have lost their data such as I have to re-enter the...