Windows 10: DESKTOP FILE MISSING OR MAYBE DELETED FROM RECYCLE BIN

Discus and support DESKTOP FILE MISSING OR MAYBE DELETED FROM RECYCLE BIN in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had a file on Desktop and now its missing. I am not sure if it was in the Recycle Bin cause i cleared it recently. Can i recover it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HaryaVishwanath, Jul 21, 2021.

1. DESKTOP FILE MISSING OR MAYBE DELETED FROM RECYCLE BIN

I had a file on Desktop and now its missing. I am not sure if it was in the Recycle Bin cause i cleared it recently. Can i recover it?

:)

HaryaVishwanath, Jul 21, 2021
  2. ipellant Win User

Missing desktop icons and recycle bin

No problems on the current Windows 10 on three computers I have running dual screens. Desktop Icons only appear on the primary screen.

All icons including the Recycle Bin not showing. The Recycle Bin could be the cause.

There was a bug / glitch during the Insider Preview builds that would flash up a message saying the Recycle Bin was corrupted or missing.

It seems that the Recycle Bin attempts to build a list of recycled files on all the drives on the computer. If the recycled files id is out of sync, that caused the bin to fail.

Suggest:

Copy some files; then delete them; then reboot and see if the Recycle Bin appears.

ipellant, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Jan Del Win User
    recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jul 21, 2021
  4. Allan Mej Win User

DESKTOP FILE MISSING OR MAYBE DELETED FROM RECYCLE BIN

Putting the Recycle Bin icon on the desktop.

Hi Nicholas,

Recycle Bin is a temporary storage that contains files that have been deleted but not yet permanently erased, allowing you to restore these files. To show
    Recycle Bin on Windows 10 desktop, kindly follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel by pressing Windows + X
      and clicking Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization and go to Personalization.
    • Click Change desktop icons and check the box beside Recycle Bin.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

DESKTOP FILE MISSING OR MAYBE DELETED FROM RECYCLE BIN

1. DESKTOP FILE MISSING OR MAYBE DELETED FROM RECYCLE BIN - Similar Threads - DESKTOP FILE MISSING

2. Recovering a file that Ipermanently deleted from recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering a file that Ipermanently deleted from recycle bin: I just deleted an important video file accidentally and emptied my recycle bin about an hour ago. How can I recover that file?<Changed to a question>...
  3. Deleted files from recycle bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted files from recycle bin: Somehow, I did not do it, emptied the recycle bin with files I wanted to recover later. Is there a way to get those files back? I use the Recuva from CCleaner and it can't find them. Says I have a Harddisk Volume2 that's unable to determine file system type...don't know what...
  4. Deleted files from recycle bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted files from recycle bin: Somehow, I did not do it, emptied the recycle bin with files I wanted to recover later. Is there a way to get those files back? I use the Recuva from CCleaner and it can't find them. Says I have a Harddisk Volume2 that's unable to determine file system type...don't know what...
  5. Deleted files from recycle bin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF: HOW CAN I DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE "recycle bin" ITSELF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-all-files-in-recycle-bin-or-delete-recycle/eb83336a-44d1-47be-b51a-808eb6cbfc16
  7. Deleted Recycle Bin files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Recycle Bin files: I deleted some files from the recycle bin permanently a few months ago and I now realized that I need them. I’ve downloaded a few apps to recover these files but they all retrieved random stuff that weren’t my files. What are the best free online applications that will help...
  8. Help recovering deleted files from recycle bin! (empty recycle bin)

Help recovering deleted files from recycle bin! (empty recycle bin): As you can see in the subject of the post, I have accidentally deleted a folder from my desktop, and after few moments I emptied my recycle bin. Have already tried recuva, and had no luck... Rstudio 8 deep scan is now ongoing, but I am eager to search for some more...
  9. Recovering deleted files from recycle bin

Recovering deleted files from recycle bin: Is there a way to retrieve deleted files from the recycle bin? 'Cause I deleted some files that were really important to me and now I kinda need them but I'm lost. submitted by /u/RenPsycho100 [link] [comments]...
  10. Recycle bin is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle bin is missing: I use Windows 10. Recycle bin is not working. I am not in table mode. I tried to personalize desktop icons, an I can not checkmark Recycle bin - as shown on the picture below. [ATTACH] I tried to access recycle bin by explorer using C:$Recyclebin. But it was written...