Windows 10: Desktop files and explorer recovery

Discus and support Desktop files and explorer recovery in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi friends, I'm using windows insider preview Build 18963. Unfortunately this afternoon my desktop look has been changed and files from desktop has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zoardar, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Zoardar Win User

Desktop files and explorer recovery

Hi friends,

I'm using windows insider preview Build 18963. Unfortunately this afternoon my desktop look has been changed and files from desktop has been removed. also my file explorer. I want to recovr my desktop files as well as my file explorer. How to get all back?

:)

Zoardar, Aug 21, 2019
  2. sturpe Win User

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Aug 21, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Desktop files and explorer recovery

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Desktop files and explorer recovery

1. Desktop files and explorer recovery - Similar Threads - Desktop files explorer

2. All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop: Hi all,My wife cleaned up my keyboard in the afternoon and then all the files on the desktop are not visible anymore, but they are visible in File Explorer > desktop. So I'm wondering if there are any shortcuts or settings that are causing this. Here are the steps I've...
  3. All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop: Hi all,My wife cleaned up my keyboard in the afternoon and then all the files on the desktop are not visible anymore, but they are visible in File Explorer > desktop. So I'm wondering if there are any shortcuts or settings that are causing this. Here are the steps I've...
  4. All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Dead Links Under Desktop in File Explorer but not on Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dead Links Under Desktop in File Explorer but not on Desktop: Windows 10.0.19041 Build 19041I have a bunch of dead links on File Explorer. These links don't show up on the desktop, and also don't show up in "C:\Users\<user>\Desktop"How do I remove them? Nothing in the context/right-click menu appears to help. I added these links a long...
  6. Desktop Appearing as C: in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Appearing as C: in File Explorer: In File Explorer the desktop shortcut redirects to my C: drive, as well as the name "Desktop" being changed to "C:" Any help would be appreciated! In case it helps I'm running Windows 10 1909...
  7. No Desktop under This PC in File Explorer

No Desktop under This PC in File Explorer: Greetings. So, I have no desktop under This PC when I go into File Explorer. Where did this go? Wouldnt it normally be there?? My shortcuts are syncing with Google Drive too. Please advise....
  8. Issue with file explorer and desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with file explorer and desktop: Recently my Dad bought a new laptop with windows 10, an Acer. Everything has been smooth until recently he has had some issues with opening file explorer. 1) He couldn't open the file explorer in the task bar 2) When he right clicked on the background, the loading sign came...
  9. eShell opens explorer(desktop) instead of file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    eShell opens explorer(desktop) instead of file explorer: Hello everyone i have a problem. After a user automatically logs in he get this screen (win10-1.png), after that he needs to access some of the files, so he opens the task manager with keyboard shortcut ctrl + shift +e and goes to new task. In the pop up window he needs to...
  10. manage "desktop" view in file explorer

manage "desktop" view in file explorer: there is a program that I removed using the company's remover tool -- the program is adobe creative cloud 2015 -- and in windows file explorer, when I enter the "desktop" view, there is a white, blank file icon that bears the name "creative cloud files". this icon has no...