Windows 10: Desktop files and explorer recovery

Discus and support Desktop files and explorer recovery in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi friends, I'm using windows insider preview Build 18963. Unfortunately this afternoon my desktop look has been changed and files from desktop has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zoardar, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Zoardar Win User

Desktop files and explorer recovery

Hi friends,

I'm using windows insider preview Build 18963. Unfortunately this afternoon my desktop look has been changed and files from desktop has been removed. also my file explorer. I want to recovr my desktop files as well as my file explorer. How to get all back?

:)

Zoardar, Aug 21, 2019
  2. sturpe Win User

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Aug 21, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Desktop files and explorer recovery

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Desktop files and explorer recovery

1. Desktop files and explorer recovery - Similar Threads - Desktop files explorer

2. file recovery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file recovery: Can I recover files that say "the application was unable to start correectly (0xc0000033) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-recovery/cb6722a4-3541-4cb8-a368-34561f9b2fa2"
  3. file recovery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file recovery: I updated a computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Before doing so I made a mirror image file on an external hard drive. I can see the backup on file explorer but can not recover any files either in the entirety or by seeing any individual files that were backed up. How...
  4. eShell opens explorer(desktop) instead of file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    eShell opens explorer(desktop) instead of file explorer: Hello everyone i have a problem. After a user automatically logs in he get this screen (win10-1.png), after that he needs to access some of the files, so he opens the task manager with keyboard shortcut ctrl + shift +e and goes to new task. In the pop up window he needs to...
  5. Hiding the Desktop Icon (Dropdown File Explorer)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hiding the Desktop Icon (Dropdown File Explorer): Hello everyone, Hereby I would like to ask all of you for help on a problem me and my colleague have been tackling for the past couple of days now. We just can't seem to be able to crack this one. Situation: We are setting up our new Citrix farm and preparing our new...
  6. Put Windows 10 File Explorer on the Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Put Windows 10 File Explorer on the Desktop: When I open This Computer I only see 4 stock folders for Pictures Video etc. I am a Windows 7 user and am having trouble getting to my own Program, Programs x86 folders. Where is all this and why is it an obscrure practice to get a shortcut made to the desktop? BTW I tried a...
  7. Desktop and File Explorer icons gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop and File Explorer icons gone: Hello! I have readed some other posts about people who had the same problem as me, but none of those solutions worked for me. Basically today I booted up my computer and all of my icons are randomly gone, in File Explorer and on the desktop. I cannot go to...
  8. manage "desktop" view in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    manage "desktop" view in file explorer: there is a program that I removed using the company's remover tool -- the program is adobe creative cloud 2015 -- and in windows file explorer, when I enter the "desktop" view, there is a white, blank file icon that bears the name "creative cloud files". this icon has no...
  9. Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer: My Desktop is showing icons as normal. But if I try to find what is on my desktop by using file manager, I cannot find the icon. I also checked under C;\user my name, public, default and no desktop listed on any of them. Any suggestions? 101768
  10. how to create a desktop icon for file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    how to create a desktop icon for file explorer: I just moved from W7 to W10 and haven't been able to figure out how to create a desktop app icon for file explorer. I can do it for apps that I've loaded, but can't figure it out for special Windows programs. Yes, I have it in my task bar and can clearly see it in the...