Windows 10: Desktop files disappeared after signing in Microsoft account

Discus and support Desktop files disappeared after signing in Microsoft account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I recently connected my microsoft account on my PC and as I did this, all my desktop files disappeared. I tried signing out and back to my local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeremyLe1, Sep 12, 2019.

1. JeremyLe1 Win User

Desktop files disappeared after signing in Microsoft account

Hi,

I recently connected my microsoft account on my PC and as I did this, all my desktop files disappeared. I tried signing out and back to my local user and the files are still gone. I also tried signing back into the microsoft account and all my desktop files are still gone.

Everything else is still there but it's just my desktop files that have disappeared.

- I've checked my C: drive --> Users and still nothing.

Please help

:)

JeremyLe1, Sep 12, 2019
  2. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Desktop files disappeared after signing in Microsoft account :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Sep 12, 2019
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Mustang Win User

Microsoft account sign in option missing

I have a local account with a sign in password for boot up.

After a recent major MS update, I no longer have an option to sign in at boot up using my Microsoft account.

When I go to Settings > Accounts > Sign in options ... this is what I see.

Any suggestions to resovle this and restore MS account sign in?

If I go to Email app accounts > Add an account ... A new window flashes on the screen and disappears.

Mustang, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Desktop files disappeared after signing in Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Desktop files disappeared

2. Microsoft accounts disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft accounts disappearing: All the Microsoft pc accounts the ones you sign in with when you want to use the pc have disappeared except for the most recent one. There were a total of 5 or 6 in my PC, so there was only one left. Even the administrator account disappeared. Its not that these accounts have...
  3. Microsoft accounts disappearing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft accounts disappearing: All the Microsoft pc accounts the ones you sign in with when you want to use the pc have disappeared except for the most recent one. There were a total of 5 or 6 in my PC, so there was only one left. Even the administrator account disappeared. Its not that these accounts have...
  4. when I try to sign into Microsoft account the sign in box flashes and then disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I try to sign into Microsoft account the sign in box flashes and then disappear: when I try to sign into Microsoft account the sign in box flashes and then disappear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-sign-into-microsoft-account-the-sign/3cdefa93-12c3-4fac-b696-d171cbc83c52
  5. when I try to sign into Microsoft account the sign in box flashes and then disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when I try to sign into Microsoft account the sign in box flashes and then disappear: when I try to sign into Microsoft account the sign in box flashes and then disappear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-sign-into-microsoft-account-the-sign/3cdefa93-12c3-4fac-b696-d171cbc83c52
  6. when I try to sign into Microsoft account the sign in box flashes and then disappear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Will my Files disappear If I sign in to a different microsoft account on my pc with the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will my Files disappear If I sign in to a different microsoft account on my pc with the...: One time I Used an Xbox account that I borrowed from someone and the person who owns it changed the password. Then that Microsoft account was automatically signed in as a local user on my mom's pc. I'm a user. The account owner changed the password of the Xbox account and I...
  8. desktop files disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop files disappeared: just reinstalled a fresh windows 10 onto my computer. it was fine for a little while, but now my desktop files are gone. i did a lot of things that i searched up regedit modification, tablet mode check, show desktop icons. but nothing seems to be working....
  9. Desktop files disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop files disappeared: I was working today and 3/4 if my desktop folders just disappeared. I have searched by name and they are just gone. I ran the hard drive check and it appears okay and they are not in the recycle bin. Please help!...
  10. Desktop Files Disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Files Disappear: Over the past week, my desktop has been acting up. My files keep being deleted from my desktop. I used Everything Search to see if the files are just being moved, and they're not. They're completely wiped out. I ran a Windows Defender and it didn't come up with anything. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant sign into microsoft account desktop icons gone

2. microsoft account disappeared

3. icons disappeared from Lenova L340 laptop

4. everything on my desktop disappeared and said I needed to sign into my microsoft account,
  5. where did my microsoft account go desktop disappeared