Windows 10: desktop files/folders don't automatically appear anymore

Discus and support desktop files/folders don't automatically appear anymore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The thread title says it all. In order to get my desktop files and folders to appear I have to right click and go to View. Most of the time the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nikilet, May 6, 2018.

1. Nikilet Win User

desktop files/folders don't automatically appear anymore

The thread title says it all. In order to get my desktop files and folders to appear I have to right click and go to View. Most of the time the files/folders will then appear. Sometimes I have to also go down to "Show desktop icons" before they appear. But previously they have always appeared automatically when I boot my computer.

Does anyone know why this new development and if it can be fixed?

:)

Nikilet, May 6, 2018
Thema:

desktop files/folders don't automatically appear anymore

1. desktop files/folders don't automatically appear anymore - Similar Threads - desktop files folders

2. Icons don't appear on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons don't appear on the desktop: Dear experts,I've just installed win 11.I went through the File Explorer to the Desktop and I see there the file a.docxHowever when I go to the desktop Windows + D I don't see this file. I only see some shorcuts....
  3. Icons don't appear on the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons don't appear on the desktop: Dear experts,I've just installed win 11.I went through the File Explorer to the Desktop and I see there the file a.docxHowever when I go to the desktop Windows + D I don't see this file. I only see some shorcuts....
  4. Files don't appear in folder upon change in the folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files don't appear in folder upon change in the folder: When I create a new file in a folder, it doesn't appear in the folder.I have to refresh the folder for the file to show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-dont-appear-in-folder-upon-change-in-the/4dfe9904-c46d-4add-9f49-4b1f47b96472
  5. Files don't appear in folder upon change in the folder

Files don't appear in folder upon change in the folder: When I create a new file in a folder, it doesn't appear in the folder.I have to refresh the folder for the file to show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-dont-appear-in-folder-upon-change-in-the/4dfe9904-c46d-4add-9f49-4b1f47b96472
  6. User's Desktop folder in Windows 11; files not appearing on desktop

User's Desktop folder in Windows 11; files not appearing on desktop: New Windows 11 user and computer here. Backed up all my files from Win10 computer to Dropbox; I don't want to use OneDrive. OneDrive installed on the new computer setup. I deleted OneDrive from Add/Remove Programs. I saw the OneDrive folder still in my profile and deleted it...
  7. desktop and file folders do not refresh automatically

desktop and file folders do not refresh automatically: how do I fix desktop and file folders that do not refresh automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-and-file-folders-do-not-refresh/044951ae-e07f-4451-b442-6c1043e851b0
  8. Folder not appearing in quick access anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder not appearing in quick access anymore: NVM request deletion, reverting back to an older image since nothing really changed 178841
  9. Downloads don't create a folder anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads don't create a folder anymore: Hello, It used to be whenever I torrented something that includes multiple files, it would automatically create a seperate folder to neatly put all these files together in one place. For some reason this has stopped, and now whenever I download something the files are...
  10. Change appearance of desktop files and folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change appearance of desktop files and folders: Hi community, I recently resented my PC and now the desktop icons appear more narrow then before. The problem is not the size. I attached the appearance of how it is at the moment (narrow) and how it was used to be (desired). Please let me know how this can be changed as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. it appears we dont support this format