Windows 10: Desktop files not moving

Discus and support Desktop files not moving in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello.This has been a long problem that hasnt concerned me,but now i am very concerned as i need to move some files.I tried all the tutorials on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SadFella, Feb 24, 2019.

1. SadFella Win User

Desktop files not moving

Hello.This has been a long problem that hasnt concerned me,but now i am very concerned as i need to move some files.I tried all the tutorials on youtube possible.Nothing works.I am afraid that there is a virus.Please help.

:)

SadFella, Feb 24, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    Move Icon to Desktop

Hi Patricia,

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when you are trying to move the Excel icon to your desktop?
    • Were there any changes made prior to this issue?

You can create an Excel desktop shortcut on your Windows 10 computer by referring to the steps provided in the article on this link.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Desktop files not moving

Move Applications Between Virtual Desktops

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Try the following steps to move applications between virtual desktops.

• Right-click on the program you want to move.

• Select “Move to”, and then select the desktop number to which you want to move the program.
    You can also, drag and drop the app of your choice to the desktop you want to add.

Hope it helps.

Do let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Desktop files not moving

1. Desktop files not moving - Similar Threads - Desktop files moving

2. All the desktop files have moved into all the files on the desktop Office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All the desktop files have moved into all the files on the desktop Office: I am using a MacbookAir Office Version 16.73 I didn't do anything. All the desktop files moved into all the files of the desktop. I tried moving the files back onto the desk top but it won't let me since the files are already there. I tried rebooting the computer and it is...
  3. All the desktop files have moved into all the files on the desktop Office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All the desktop files have moved into all the files on the desktop Office: I am using a MacbookAir Office Version 16.73 I didn't do anything. All the desktop files moved into all the files of the desktop. I tried moving the files back onto the desk top but it won't let me since the files are already there. I tried rebooting the computer and it is...
  4. All the desktop files have moved into all the files on the desktop Office

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. after move desktop files to onedrive, the file name all became "desktop"

after move desktop files to onedrive, the file name all became "desktop": Hello!!one of my user's PC had blue screen of death, so then he had to enter the windows by safe mode, then moved the desktop files to onedrive.after he did that, all of the files became one file name"desktop". anyone know how to fix it?thank you!!...
  6. after move desktop files to onedrive, the file name all became "desktop"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after move desktop files to onedrive, the file name all became "desktop": Hello!!one of my user's PC had blue screen of death, so then he had to enter the windows by safe mode, then moved the desktop files to onedrive.after he did that, all of the files became one file name"desktop". anyone know how to fix it?thank you!!...
  7. Error moving files to my desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error moving files to my desktop: This is similar to another problem i had recenty. Whenver I try to open or move one or more downloaded files to my desktop , a message pops up saying that "Opening these files maybe harmfil to your computer. Your internet security settings has blocked one or more files from...
  8. WIndows desktop: moving files into folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows desktop: moving files into folders: When I want to drag a file Word, Excel, etc. on my desktop to a folder on my desktop, I want to be able to hover the file over the folder and while hovering, the folder opens up and displays subfolders...at that point I can position the file over the subfolder, let go of the...
  9. Moving desktop files to onedrive

Moving desktop files to onedrive: I moved an entire file folder from desktop to OneDrive, and now I can't find it. Where is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-desktop-files-to-onedrive/466b9a61-09fe-40b8-b923-4367ff16e2cb
  10. Moving Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Desktop: I want to move my desktop from the 'One Drive' in my User account to the C drive. I am wary of losing any file associations, shortcuts etc. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks 112383