Windows 10: desktop firefox shortcuts

Discus and support desktop firefox shortcuts in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; firefox just updated. all my internet shortcuts on my desktop have gone blank . any way to fix this? I miss tenforums nice icon. I tried redragging... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by thomaseg1, Apr 10, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

desktop firefox shortcuts

firefox just updated. all my internet shortcuts on my desktop have gone blank .

any way to fix this? I miss tenforums nice icon.
    I tried redragging them to my desktop but that didn't work. just gives me the firefox icon.

:)

thomaseg1, Apr 10, 2019

2. Missing Firefox shortcut from All Apps menu

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Press Windows + R keys to open run window

• Type Firefox to launch firefox

If it launches, you may try to create a shortcut of it by following the steps below:

• Windows + E keys to open Windows explorer

• Select this pc and select C: drive

• Open Program files and right click on firefox and click on Shortcut on desktop.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 10, 2019
  4. desktop firefox shortcuts

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

desktop firefox shortcuts

1. desktop firefox shortcuts - Similar Threads - desktop firefox shortcuts

2. Firefox profile: Task Scheduler vs Desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firefox profile: Task Scheduler vs Desktop shortcut: I recently screwed up my Windows 10 Pro system and was able to get just about everything back. One problem that still exists is that I now have two Firefox profiles in use. I know where those are stored but I want to understand them from a different angle.Although they launch...
  3. Firefox profile: Task Scheduler vs Desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firefox profile: Task Scheduler vs Desktop shortcut: I recently screwed up my Windows 10 Pro system and was able to get just about everything back. One problem that still exists is that I now have two Firefox profiles in use. I know where those are stored but I want to understand them from a different angle.Although they launch...
  4. Firefox profile: Task Scheduler vs Desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop Shortcuts

Desktop Shortcuts: Somehow, when I increased the size of my Windows 10 PC text, all of my desktop shortcuts are underlined. Can you tell me how to remove the underlines? I tried the adviser's solution, which was to go to ease of access, click keyboard. I see that my "keyboard underlines across"...
  6. Firefox Desktop Shortcut Icons

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Desktop Shortcut Icons: I wasn't sure what forum to post this in. I'm using Win 10 64 and Firefox 63.0.3. If I make a shortcut from Firefox to a website on the desktop (using drag-and-drop), the icon for the site will show up really small inside of a white box with the "shortcut" arrow. All of my...
  7. Desktop shortcuts

Desktop shortcuts: Recently all my desktop shortcuts have an overlay. A white sheet of paper. I have tried the Thumbnail and Cache Rebuilder, but it did nothing. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcuts/e0376408-1405-4ba7-9240-ee9d06766731
  8. Firefox Shortcuts no Longer Work?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Shortcuts no Longer Work?: Hi all. Firefox was working ten minutes ago, but clicking on the task bar and start menu shortcuts now results in a message that the application can no longer be found. According to Windows settings 'add and remove programs' it's still there. It seems possible that the...
  9. Firefox - Make Desktop Shortcut to Library / "Other Bookmarks" ?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - Make Desktop Shortcut to Library / "Other Bookmarks" ?: I have this Shortcut that opens to "All Bookmarks" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -chrome chrome://browser/content/places/places.xul . . . but, how do you change it, so it opens to "Other Bookmarks" . . . which is a sub-directory of "All Bookmarks"...
  10. pin shortcuts to the firefox icon in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    pin shortcuts to the firefox icon in taskbar: I have always had shortcuts pinned to my Firefox icon in my taskbar like windows 10 forum,the login for my work place, you tube,ETC.but the short cuts are gone on my windows 32 they are still on my win.64 ..When I drag a short to my win.32 Firefox Icon in taskbar it says pen...