Windows 10: Desktop Folder Called Downloads

Discus and support Desktop Folder Called Downloads in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello People,I have a problem, Earlier in the year I was messing around with folders and accidentally made both of my folders called "Downloads". I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Boris Viter, May 14, 2022.

1. Desktop Folder Called Downloads

Hello People,I have a problem, Earlier in the year I was messing around with folders and accidentally made both of my folders called "Downloads". I have tried regedit, Command Prompt, etc. Can someone please help me? It's been bothering me for a long time and I think it's time to get it fixed.Kind Regards,Boris

:)

Boris Viter, May 14, 2022

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 14, 2022
  3. Desktop User folder in ThisPC has a Downloads icon.

KeithM,

1) Firstly, the problem is solved. See snips below.

2) I deleted the folders you suggested below. I would have deleted the "GUID-named values from the User Shell Folders registry key" earlier, but wasn't sure how to proceed after the red code error. Thank you for suggesting to continue to delete those.

[Then, you can safely delete the following GUID-named values from the User Shell Folders registry key:
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]

• {754AC886-DF64-4CBA-86B5-F7FBF4FBCEF5} ThisPCDesktopFolder
    • {f42ee2d3-909f-4907-8871-4c22fc0bf756} Local Documents
    • {7d83ee9b-2244-4e70-b1f5-5393042af1e4} Local Downloads
    • {a0c69a99-21c8-4671-8703-7934162fcf1d} Local Music
    • {0ddd015d-b06c-45d5-8c4c-f59713854639} Local Pictures
    • {35286a68-3c57-41a1-bbb1-0eae73d76c95} Local Videos

3) After deleting the above, I still had the Desktop Folder in ThisPC with the Downloads icon. I went back to the Add/Remove through Add or Remove Folders from This PC - TenForumsTutorials, removed and added the Desktop Folder, and after restarting my laptop, everything was correct? I was a little hopeful when I tried it, but was surprised when everything fell into place and all folders were showing in ThisPC with the correct icons. I felt that this was my only recourse, after trying the many things that you had suggested.

4) I was unaware of the Read Only poisoned apple Microsoft had created Keith. I'm glad that I've not had to work with it!

5) I applied "Expand to Current Folder" per your suggestion, if you happen to read this Denis. Thank you for the tip.

Thank you immensely for your help here on TenForums. For your sake, I'm glad that this little problem has been resolved. I can't thank you enough! Cindi

Ken Cindi G, May 14, 2022
  4. mrgeek Win User

Desktop Folder Called Downloads

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, May 14, 2022
Thema:

Desktop Folder Called Downloads

1. Desktop Folder Called Downloads - Similar Threads - Desktop Folder Called

2. Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop: Hi,I had to reinstall W11 a few days ago and, since then, my downloads are appearing in downloads folder and on desktop. If I delete the files from the desktop, they delete from the downloads folder too.I have browsed the Forum and tried a few suggested fixes for similar...
  3. Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop: Hi,I had to reinstall W11 a few days ago and, since then, my downloads are appearing in downloads folder and on desktop. If I delete the files from the desktop, they delete from the downloads folder too.I have browsed the Forum and tried a few suggested fixes for similar...
  4. Creating a Desktop Shortcut For Download Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a Desktop Shortcut For Download Folder: Hi GangI'm using Windows 10 Pro and I'm familiar with how to create Desktop Shortcuts simply by using: 'Type Here To Search' and the options appear automatically to do so. However for some reason, the only option I get for a Desktop Shortcut For The Download Folder, is the...
  5. Desktop Folder Called Downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Folder Called Downloads: Hello People,I have a problem, Earlier in the year I was messing around with folders and accidentally made both of my folders called "Downloads". I have tried regedit, Command Prompt, etc. Can someone please help me? It's been bothering me for a long time and I think it's...
  6. Desktop Folder Called Downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Folder Called Downloads: Hello People,I have a problem, Earlier in the year I was messing around with folders and accidentally made both of my folders called "Downloads". I have tried regedit, Command Prompt, etc. Can someone please help me? It's been bothering me for a long time and I think it's...
  7. My downloads folder is renamed to desktop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My downloads folder is renamed to desktop.: I tried to make it so that my folders in my desktop would be shown in my downloads folder but now it renamed my downloads folder to desktop. I am wondering how to switch this back. I tried using the reset to default option but it did nothing.[ATTACH]...
  8. The Desktop folder appears as Downloads.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Desktop folder appears as Downloads.: Windows 10 x64 1909. File Explorer shows two Downloads folders. Desktop is the icon of what should be Desktop, but it says the name is Downloads. I would be glad if I have any other option but to restore factory settings. submitted by /u/Ucansin77 [link] [comments]...
  9. My Desktop is now called Temporary Burn Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Desktop is now called Temporary Burn Folder: I was looking for some files on my computer when I noticed that the Desktop folder is called Temporary Burn Folder. I don't know why it's called that. [ATTACH]...
  10. Download/Desktop folders BUG

in Windows 10 Support
    Download/Desktop folders BUG: Basically at some point I set my Windows 10 desktop as the place I'd like downloads to go to. Probably from FIREFOX. This has worked on other PCs but a bug emerged on this one. The bug is that the desktop folder renames itself as DOWNLOADS. It retains the desktop icon but...