Windows 10: Desktop folder covers all present folders and shortcuts, but desktop folder inside user...

Discus and support Desktop folder covers all present folders and shortcuts, but desktop folder inside user... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all,I recently upgraded to windows 11 and there seems to be a problem with my desktop folder, a few remarks to get started:- shortcuts are present... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jodoldodo, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Jodoldodo Win User

Desktop folder covers all present folders and shortcuts, but desktop folder inside user...

Hi all,I recently upgraded to windows 11 and there seems to be a problem with my desktop folder, a few remarks to get started:- shortcuts are present on my desktop- I have a desktop folder which covers all the other folders + shortcuts, but the folders are not showing up on the desktop the shortcuts thus are, this desktop thus contains every other folder on my pc, even ''this PC'' - If I try to open the properties of this dekstop folder, it redirects to my personal settings of the desktop, it has no location at least i cant find it, in the bar above it just says ''desktop bureaublad

:)

Jodoldodo, Apr 2, 2023

2. Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder

The User folder is back and the desktop folder is also in it, it seemed to have fixed the issue, the only thing is that shortcut files and general stuff on the desktop are now in the user folder and in the desktop folder in the user folder

Nadric Dumte, Apr 2, 2023
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    How to get rid of mysterious "Toshiba drivers" folder from my desktop?

Good call, forgot about that. Public is the one you want. Default is only on user creation.

Deleting a folder from the user's desktop deletes it from the public user's desktop.

FX-GMC, Apr 2, 2023
  4. Desktop folder covers all present folders and shortcuts, but desktop folder inside user...

Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder

the files, shortcuts... that were on the desktop and got merged with the User folder got duplicated when the user folder was restored, as such, I have shortcuts and files in the user folder AND the desktop folder, deleting them from the user folder works, I tried with a few shortcuts and they still work on the desktop.

Here is a screenshot of the User folder:

Desktop folder covers all present folders and shortcuts, but desktop folder inside user... 04b22bbf-0feb-4a16-9608-b94b5420454e?upload=true.png

Nadric Dumte, Apr 2, 2023
Thema:

Desktop folder covers all present folders and shortcuts, but desktop folder inside user...

1. Desktop folder covers all present folders and shortcuts, but desktop folder inside user... - Similar Threads - Desktop folder covers

2. Windows 11 all shortcuts to folders open the "desktop" folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 all shortcuts to folders open the "desktop" folder.: I have a new windows 11 computer about 2 months now. I create shortcuts on my desktop to folders I use regularly. No problems until today. I click a shortcut on the desktop to open the folder and it briefly flashes the desired folders contents, but then quickly opens the...
  3. Windows 11 all shortcuts to folders open the "desktop" folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 all shortcuts to folders open the "desktop" folder.: I have a new windows 11 computer about 2 months now. I create shortcuts on my desktop to folders I use regularly. No problems until today. I click a shortcut on the desktop to open the folder and it briefly flashes the desired folders contents, but then quickly opens the...
  4. Desktop folder covers all present folders and shortcuts, but desktop folder inside user...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop folder covers all present folders and shortcuts, but desktop folder inside user...: Hi all,I recently upgraded to windows 11 and there seems to be a problem with my desktop folder, a few remarks to get started:- shortcuts are present on my desktop- I have a desktop folder which covers all the other folders + shortcuts, but the folders are not showing up on...
  5. Desktop folder covers all present folders, but desktop folder inside user folder is empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop folder covers all present folders, but desktop folder inside user folder is empty: Hi all,I recently upgraded to windows 11 and there seems to be a problem with my desktop folder, a few remarks to get started:- shortcuts are present on my desktop- I have a desktop folder which covers all the other folders + shortcuts, but the folders are not showing up on...
  6. Desktop folder covers all present folders, but desktop folder inside user folder is empty

Desktop folder covers all present folders, but desktop folder inside user folder is empty: Hi all,I recently upgraded to windows 11 and there seems to be a problem with my desktop folder, a few remarks to get started:- shortcuts are present on my desktop- I have a desktop folder which covers all the other folders + shortcuts, but the folders are not showing up on...
  7. My Desktop folder is inside a user folder which is inside the C folder which is also having...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Desktop folder is inside a user folder which is inside the C folder which is also having...: This is how my Direcories look like?Are there any ways I can correct it?I have once contacted a Microsoft support employee and he had given me a workaround but not a complete correction of the problem.It would be great if someone helps me as it is hectic to use almost any...
  8. My Desktop folder is inside a user folder which is inside the C folder which is also having...

My Desktop folder is inside a user folder which is inside the C folder which is also having...: This is how my Direcories look like?Are there any ways I can correct it?I have once contacted a Microsoft support employee and he had given me a workaround but not a complete correction of the problem.It would be great if someone helps me as it is hectic to use almost any...
  9. desktop folder within a desktop folder within a desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop folder within a desktop folder within a desktop folder: Through transferring data from one computer to another, I've ended up with multiple desktop folders inside of the desktop folder inside of file explorer. Combining those folders seems to be a bit of a task and one drive seems complicate this issue. 171578
  10. Desktop shortcuts in Folders not visible

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcuts in Folders not visible: When I switched on my pc yesterday running latest version of Win 10 I notice that all the shortcuts are no longer visible in the desktop folders, or, any folders. Before I could see a representation of them sticking out from the Folder. When I click on a folder it opens...