Windows 10: Desktop folder disappear (C:\Users\Temp\Desktop) with all my material

Discus and support Desktop folder disappear (C:\Users\Temp\Desktop) with all my material in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, i need your helps After upgrade to windows 10 (from 8) I notice that my "active" desktop folder is C:\Users\Temp\Desktop –I restart my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shay1212, Feb 10, 2016.

1. shay1212 Win User

Desktop folder disappear (C:\Users\Temp\Desktop) with all my material

Hi, i need your helps

After upgrade to windows 10 (from 8) I notice that my "active" desktop folder is C:\Users\Temp\Desktop –I restart my computer and now my desktop is C:\Users"myUser"\Desktop
    The problem is - that C:\Users\Temp\Desktop folder with all of my sub-folders completely gone.

What can I do? Is those folders are hides anywhere?

:)

shay1212, Feb 10, 2016
  2. Lucas_Gi Win User

Private and User Desktop Switched Places

While trying to unzip a file that was on my desktop, to a file on my desktop, all of my files and folders disappeared leaving just my applications and shortcuts. I went to C:/Users/Jgo/Desktop and all of my files and folders were there but not my applications
    and shortcuts. I went to C:/Users/Public/Public Desktop and saw just my applications and shortcuts. When I close/minimize all of my windows to see the desktop I don't see my files so Windows is now using my Public Desktop instead of the proper one. What happened
    and how do I fix this?

Lucas_Gi, Feb 10, 2016
  3. Desktop shortcuts

Shortcuts can "live" in two places:

• In your own profile folder (C:\Users\Luke\Desktop). They are visible to you only.
    • In the public profile folder (C:\Users\Public\Desktop). They are visible to all users.
    You should now know why the deleted shortcut disappeared from both desktops.

Deleting a shortcut does NOT delete the file or folder it refers to. I recommend you run some tests to confirm this.

Frederik Long, Feb 10, 2016
  4. Desktop folder disappear (C:\Users\Temp\Desktop) with all my material

check your C:\Users folder, see if there's a user in there call Temp. If so, your folder should be in that user's desktop folder.

wreckwriter, Feb 10, 2016
  5. shay1212 Win User
    there isn't temp folder -that is the problem

shay1212, Feb 10, 2016
  6. Not sure you're looking in the right place. look for a user called "Temp", not a folder in your current user's directory.

wreckwriter, Feb 10, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    He's is looking in C:\Users\Temp\Desktop

Ztruker, Feb 11, 2016
  8. Desktop folder disappear (C:\Users\Temp\Desktop) with all my material

If so he's probably out of luck. Seems odd the system would delete it though.

wreckwriter, Feb 11, 2016
  9. Slugger Win User
    Did you backup before upgrading?

Slugger, Feb 11, 2016
  10. shay1212 Win User
    Yes, except of my desktop

shay1212, Feb 11, 2016
  11. lx07 Win User
    It sounds like you may have been signed on as a temporary profile for some reason. Anything that you saved to the desktop in that case is lost when you log out of that account.

If you mean things that were on the desktop before you upgraded then you could look in C:\Winodws.old as it sometimes stores some User directory things. Otherwise you'll have to restore them from backup.

12. shay1212 Win User
    Thanks for the help man

shay1212, Feb 11, 2016
  13. Slugger Win User

I image the hard drive with macrium reflect. It saves everything. Sorry for your loss.

Slugger, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop folder disappear (C:\Users\Temp\Desktop) with all my material - Similar Threads - Desktop folder disappear

2. Folder Disappeared on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Disappeared on Desktop: Hello,I was putting some files into a folder on my desktop. Then, when I wanted to open that folder on desktop, it disappeared. I've tried to add a new file to another folder that I have created using an app and I got an error message, which I can't remember what that was at...
  3. Folder Disappeared on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Disappeared on Desktop: Hello,I was putting some files into a folder on my desktop. Then, when I wanted to open that folder on desktop, it disappeared. I've tried to add a new file to another folder that I have created using an app and I got an error message, which I can't remember what that was at...
  4. folder disappeared on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    folder disappeared on my desktop: a folder with photographs disappeared on my notbook computer. need to recover folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-disappeared-on-my-desktop/122af06d-6a92-4454-b1b8-23364399c368
  5. folder disappeared on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    folder disappeared on my desktop: a folder with photographs disappeared on my notbook computer. need to recover folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-disappeared-on-my-desktop/122af06d-6a92-4454-b1b8-23364399c368
  6. Desktop folder disappeared from c drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop folder disappeared from c drive: I can’t see the Desktop folder on my user folder in C: drive.However all the files on Desktop can be accessed through the desktop. I think that it may be because of the OneDrive folder which including desktop folder.Someone can help me how to fix it?...
  7. Help! my desktop just disappears and the windows folders disappear and all i have is a...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help! my desktop just disappears and the windows folders disappear and all i have is a...: When i 1st get on my computer everything is ok after a few min then i'll be playing a game or i'll be on line and then i see a quick blink from the screen and when i check desktop and folders gone! My game and online are fine i can see them it's just desktop and folders that...
  8. All the folders on my desktop have disappeared?

All the folders on my desktop have disappeared?: So earlier I was trying to move my desktop folder to my D:/ because it has more space on it than my c:/ but when I did that, all the folders disappeared. I switched it back to C and it's quite obvious that they haven't been deleted because the files in those folders add up...
  9. My folders + files on my desktop disappeared.

My folders + files on my desktop disappeared.: Hello, I'd really appreciate if someone can help me out with this, can't find the solution anywhere. " If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're...
  10. All my desktop file and folder disappeared

All my desktop file and folder disappeared: All my desktop file and folder disappeared. Application are there. File name extension and hidden folder view is checked. This was all a sudden after reboot, no update or new application were installed. Rebooted to repair VPN connection....