Windows 10: Desktop folder disappeared from c drive

Discus and support Desktop folder disappeared from c drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can’t see the Desktop folder on my user folder in C: drive.However all the files on Desktop can be accessed through the desktop. I think that it may... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Elad Toledo, May 29, 2021.

1. Desktop folder disappeared from c drive

I can’t see the Desktop folder on my user folder in C: drive.However all the files on Desktop can be accessed through the desktop. I think that it may be because of the OneDrive folder which including desktop folder.Someone can help me how to fix it?

:)

Elad Toledo, May 29, 2021
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Desktop folder disappeared from c drive upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, May 29, 2021
  3. Desktop Disappeared After Windows 10 Update

After upgrading to windows 10, my desktop completely disappeared, sometimes it will flash for a micro second. The Desktop folder is still in my folder list and I can access it that way but prefer to have access to my desktop. I saw the other thread where
    it suggested a clean boot, but this did not work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Jessica23Q, May 29, 2021
  4. Desktop folder disappeared from c drive

Folders from the desktop disappeared and move to desktop folder

Hi Felicia,

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

2. When you state "Desktop File" do you mean the folder under C: drive > Users > Desktop?

3. If no can you provide the location of the desktop file in question?

4. Does the issue occur with only folders or desktop icons as well?

For now, I suggest that you select the programs that you wish to move to the desktop screen. Right click on it select
    Copy and then navigate to the desktop and right click and select
    Paste. Try this with one program and reboot, if the icon does not disappear perform the same to the rest.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, May 29, 2021
Thema:

Desktop folder disappeared from c drive

1. Desktop folder disappeared from c drive - Similar Threads - Desktop folder disappeared

2. Folder Disappeared on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Disappeared on Desktop: Hello,I was putting some files into a folder on my desktop. Then, when I wanted to open that folder on desktop, it disappeared. I've tried to add a new file to another folder that I have created using an app and I got an error message, which I can't remember what that was at...
  3. C Drive Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive Disappeared: From "optimize drives". Once a month I like to manually defrag and when I went to do it today the only one that was there was E my external hard drive I use for backup. Any help will be appreciated....
  4. C Drive Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C Drive Disappeared: From "optimize drives". Once a month I like to manually defrag and when I went to do it today the only one that was there was E my external hard drive I use for backup. Any help will be appreciated....
  5. C Drive Disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. files and apps on desktop and C drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    files and apps on desktop and C drive disappeared: it just happen while I was using my pc, all my files and apps on desktop and C drive disappeared. in including wall paper Thannks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-and-apps-on-desktop-and-c-drive-disappeared/ab4eae83-c93d-4ed0-8e7e-65f59ef2cab9
  7. files and apps on desktop and C drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    files and apps on desktop and C drive disappeared: it just happen while I was using my pc, all my files and apps on desktop and C drive disappeared. in including wall paper Thannks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-and-apps-on-desktop-and-c-drive-disappeared/ab4eae83-c93d-4ed0-8e7e-65f59ef2cab9
  8. files and apps on desktop and C drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Shortcut for folder on E drive to desktop on C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut for folder on E drive to desktop on C drive: Hi guys, This is a little complicated I think. My C Driver is a 250GB SSD while my E Drive is a 500GB HDD. If I transfer folder from C onto E can I then create a shortcut for that folder to appear on C's desktop I am using the SSD for Windows 10 Professional while the HDD...
  10. Desktop folders not showing in that folder in C: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop folders not showing in that folder in C: drive: Hello, As the subject line describes the folders on my desktop do not appear in the "desktop" folder under my user folder in the c: drive. This is affecting my ability to back up properly through file history. Does anyone know why this might be occurring? To explain it...