Windows 10: Desktop Folder Icons suddenly became enlarged - I cannot shrink them.

Discus and support Desktop Folder Icons suddenly became enlarged - I cannot shrink them. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My screen now contains 18 icons . I which to reduce them back to the normal orderly previous layout. While I can access display I cannot alter their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by billz, Jun 18, 2018.

1. billz Win User

Desktop Folder Icons suddenly became enlarged - I cannot shrink them.

My screen now contains 18 icons . I which to reduce them back to the normal orderly previous layout.
    While I can access display I cannot alter their size - There is about 50 icons stacked into 18 locations by the computer.
    I noticed it had occurred after an update. I also plugged a USB 32GB data stick in to the computer and removed it twice without being able to find a way to click on an eject option. after just looking to see it had files stored on it. That could have freaked it. Previously they had been Microsoft Normal large Icon Option.

I will try and attach screen shots of the problem. also the current display and Icon settings.

:)

billz, Jun 18, 2018
  2. cob0001 Win User

Enlarged Icons on Desktop

when I turned on computer today, all icons and the desktop pic are enlarged....if I open an icon, everything in that link, is enlarged...it makes the pics distorted because of its size..how can I correct this ?

cob0001, Jun 19, 2018
  3. Mr McC Win User
    Weird desktop icon behaviour on Steam

Yes, they are; however, when I right click on the "blue sphere" icon to change it and browse to the corresponding folder inside the Steam folder, it lets me go through all the steps, but the blue sphere remains. *Confused Desktop Folder Icons suddenly became enlarged - I cannot shrink them. :confused:

Mr McC, Jun 19, 2018
  4. Lea Deely Win User

Desktop icons

Icons on desktop have suddenly enlarged. How do I change them back?

Lea Deely, Jun 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop Folder Icons suddenly became enlarged - I cannot shrink them. - Similar Threads - Desktop Folder Icons

2. Enlarge desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enlarge desktop icons: How do i enlarge desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enlarge-desktop-icons/5b15cb9d-a201-4af3-8632-54faf8c1ab85
  3. Icon in desktop became rectangle, please help!!

Icon in desktop became rectangle, please help!!: please help me with these icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-in-desktop-became-rectangle-please-help/2bdba774-e5a5-4689-9981-d787512cc2d3
  4. Sudden enlarging and shrinking of work within the screen

Sudden enlarging and shrinking of work within the screen: When typing or when doing a puzzle, everything on the screen suddenly shrinks or enlarges and it is specific to that page only. This is very recent and I have not been able to reverse it. How can I stop this from happening? This Windows 10. It is not related to Office. I do...
  5. my desktop icon became a mess after i restart it

my desktop icon became a mess after i restart it: after i restart it, all of my desktop icon goes to left side. not only that, my desktop background goes back to default and all of my file are gone. though i later found out its all on "os>user" and all of my software we're log out so i need to sign up again. [IMG][ATTACH]...
  6. Enlarge icons

Enlarge icons: Hello, This is my first post! I hope that I will make myself understood since I am French and my English is poor ... I want to enlarge the icons in the side panel from the explorer? Do you have any solutions? [img] 146409
  7. Help! Desktop Icon size became rectangle.

Help! Desktop Icon size became rectangle.: So i was Adjusting cleartype text and when i finished it every icon became rectangle , also spacing is also changed I Tried -restart -sign-out -clearing icon cache -readusted resolution (current 1920*1080[default]) nothing worked yet Welp! Its looking awful[IMG]...
  8. Taskbar & Icon Fonts suddenly enlarged

Taskbar & Icon Fonts suddenly enlarged: I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1803 I logged on this afternoon and suddenly found that my application icons and text on the desktop were enlarged. (The background wasn't). I checked the resolution and scale but these were unchanged - 1920x1080 & 100%....
  9. How to shrink the bounding box of desktop icons?

How to shrink the bounding box of desktop icons?: I just reimaged my office computer from Win 7 to Win 10. Most things are fine but one thing annoys me greatly: The desktop icons are embedded in an insanely wide bounding box. I.e. if I select a desktop icon it gets surrounded by a light-bluish transparent box that is at...
  10. Sudden screen enlargement

in Windows 10 Support
    Sudden screen enlargement: Hi All Had Windows 10 for a few months now and I have a problem which is driving me to distraction *Mad Every now and then (quite often) something happens and the computer goes into a sort of mode where if I slide my finger over the touchpad from bottom to top everything on...