Windows 10: Desktop Folder Icons

Discus and support Desktop Folder Icons in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I changed my desktop folder icons through properties in the folder the folder is not a shortcut. I downloaded a icon and used that and every couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OhliC, Sep 29, 2020.

1. OhliC Win User

Desktop Folder Icons

I changed my desktop folder icons through properties in the folder the folder is not a shortcut. I downloaded a icon and used that and every couple minutes, the icon changes back to its default. Is there any way to fix this?

:)

OhliC, Sep 29, 2020
  2. Mr McC Win User

Weird desktop icon behaviour on Steam

Yes, they are; however, when I right click on the "blue sphere" icon to change it and browse to the corresponding folder inside the Steam folder, it lets me go through all the steps, but the blue sphere remains. *Confused Desktop Folder Icons :confused:

Mr McC, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Desktop Folder Icons

Icons on the desktop

Hi,

There are several reasons for your desktop icons not to stay put such as changes in registry, system cache, or an enabled
    Auto arrange icon setting. To rectify your issue with keeping your icons arranged, we suggest that you right-click on any blank space on your desktop, click
    View, then make sure that the check mark for Auto arrange icon is removed.

If the issue persist even after performing the steps above, you can rebuild your icon cache. This method solves most issues with incorrectly displayed icons. Here are the steps to do so:

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the
      Run box.
    • Type %userprofile%, then hit Enter.
    • Go to the AppData folder, then open the Local
      folder.
    • Select the IconCache file, then click Delete.

If you're having challenges finding the IconCache file, you have to make sure that your hidden items are visible. Below are the steps:

• Type hidden in Cortana, the Windows search bar or your task bar.
    • Select Show hidden files and folders from the result.
    • Go to View tab.
    • Enable the Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
    • Hit Apply, then click OK.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Folder Icons

1. Desktop Folder Icons - Similar Threads - Desktop Folder Icons

2. Desktop Folder Icons Changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Folder Icons Changed: Hi. I read a few complaints that the Folder Icons on W11 stay open when they should not. Here is my solution if you want to keep them closed.Go to Personalization, Themes, Scroll to Desktop Item Settings. Uncheck Allow Themes to change Desktop Item. Then create a New Folder,...
  3. Desktop Folder Icons Changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Folder Icons Changed: Hi. I read a few complaints that the Folder Icons on W11 stay open when they should not. Here is my solution if you want to keep them closed.Go to Personalization, Themes, Scroll to Desktop Item Settings. Uncheck Allow Themes to change Desktop Item. Then create a New Folder,...
  4. Desktop Icons Missing From Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Missing From Desktop Folder: I was just starting to back up my C-drive important files in Windows 10 when I realized that there are several desktop folders, including a OneDrive folder, and all of them are missing several desktop icons. I have read read different threads on this subject and tried a...
  5. Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder): Ok, so I'm by no means a tech luddite, but this one has me stumped even after trawling some forums. When I delete "some" icons from my desktop the icon does not actually disappear. It stays there on my desktop but is no longer active. I cannot click on it or interact with it...
  6. Change Desktop folder icon

Change Desktop folder icon: Brink, I have 2 other icons I am having trouble finding to change. Take a look at these screenshots and let me know if you have any ideas. The desktop icon in the file explorer menu did not update., not sure where that is being pull from. And in OneDrive folder my "Desktop"...
  7. Desktop Icon and Folder Text

Desktop Icon and Folder Text: Can someone direct me to where I can change the font color of icons and folders appearing on recently acquired HP Envy X360 Laptop running Windows 10? Default seems to be white text which is not legible on light blue background. Need to change either the text color or the...
  8. Problem of desktop icons not appearing in the desktop folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem of desktop icons not appearing in the desktop folder.: Some people may have run into this problem. Here's a possible solution. Copy the desktop icon and paste it into another folder like the download folder. Rename the icon you have created. Put it on the desktop. It should appear on both the desktop and in the desktop folder....
  9. desktop icons folders missing

desktop icons folders missing: I accidently pushed something all my icons on desktop are not visible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-folders-missing/527a04e5-6679-4ef3-9c15-69ae680eed23
  10. Folders/icons on desktop gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders/icons on desktop gone: I am on 1903 I will explain this as it played out I had battlenet on my computer but it was a blank icon..tried uninstalling it but it wouldn't let me. I could not get it to uninstall. Not sure why it was blank..i never uninstalled it before. I downloaded a fresh copy of...