Windows 10: Desktop folder is encrypting all icons placed on it.. [Read Comments]

Discus and support Desktop folder is encrypting all icons placed on it.. [Read Comments] in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PurpleNurpe [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PurpleNurpe, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Desktop folder is encrypting all icons placed on it.. [Read Comments]

/u/PurpleNurpe, Aug 15, 2020
  2. Pavan MK Win User

Why all my newly created files and folders Encrypted in Desktop?

Every time I create a new folder or file and save it to my Desktop, a gold padlock icon appears on it. I tried the following steps but no use:

1. Go to C:\Users\User_Name and select Desktop folder, right click on it, select properties, then go to Advanced, unchecked the option "Encrypt the option to secure data". Then it shows one error as

"An error occurred trying to apply attributes to the file:

C:\Users\User_name\Desktop

The specific file could not be decrypted" .

2. Open an administrator command line and run "cipher /u /n" to list all the EFS files.

Then run "cipher /d "path to the file"" to decrypt all the EFS files.

Any other suggestions ?

Regards

Pavan MK, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Cant place icons on certain places on dekstop

We appreciate the information you've provided. We suggest downloading the latest update, KB4020102, to see if that resolves your concern with the icon placement.
    To do that, go to Settings > Update & Security
    > Check for Updates.

We also recommend changing the desktop icon settings. To access it, follow these steps:

• Click Start.

• Type Themes and press Enter.

• Click Change desktop icons.

• Uncheck Allow themes to change desktop icons.

• Click Apply.

• Click OK.

After installing the latest updates and changing the desktop icon settings, check if you can place icons on the left side of your screen.

Let us know if what happens to your icon placement after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Desktop folder is encrypting all icons placed on it.. [Read Comments]

Encrypting a folder

Hello Bill,

To encrypt a folder in Windows 10 Home, follow these steps:

• Right-click the folder you want to encrypt and click Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Advanced.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attributes, click Encrypt contents to secure data.
    • Click OK then Apply to save the changes.

We're just here if you need further help.

Devlin Sco, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Desktop folder is encrypting all icons placed on it.. [Read Comments]

1. Desktop folder is encrypting all icons placed on it.. [Read Comments] - Similar Threads - Desktop folder encrypting

2. Is there a way to place comments on folders without using shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to place comments on folders without using shortcuts: I can't figure out how to place comments on my folders without needing to make shortcuts. But then if I make shortcuts there really no need for the main folders. So I was wondering if there is a way to add comments to folders like video folders. I'm running windows 10 home....
  3. Is there a way to lock the icons in place on the desktop?

Is there a way to lock the icons in place on the desktop?: I have a user with hand tremors and they inadvertently move icons on the desktop. Is there a way to lock down the desktop layout? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-lock-the-icons-in-place-on-the/38f7ed42-0479-4e53-9f31-d0f9bd95de0d
  4. Desktop icons don't stay in place

Desktop icons don't stay in place: I've been keeping program and document icons on the desktop since Windows 3.1. My Windows 10 desktop shows some icons on the left side of the screen and some on the right side also. The icons on the left remain where I put them,. However, the icons on the right side get moved...
  5. Desktop icons switched places

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons switched places: so for some reason my desktop icons just switched places and now there is a vertical space on the bottom of my screen I can't pace anything in (and no it's not my taskbar ;) ). Ow and one more thing, the browser shortcuts like Spotify.com .... well fsr the icons just shrank...
  6. All of my desktop icons are gone please help (more in comments)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All of my desktop icons are gone please help (more in comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/whatis0atmeal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/izw9nf/all_of_my_desktop_icons_are_gone_please_help_more/
  7. Desktop Icons Won't Lock in Place

Desktop Icons Won't Lock in Place: Why won't my desktop icons stay locked in place? They scramble when I restart my computer and I cannot find what I am looking for so I have to re-organize the Icons almost daily. I have followed Help tips for this issue by Microsoft and still doesn't fix problem. Thank...
  8. Place icons on Windows 10 desktop

Place icons on Windows 10 desktop: I've just moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and am still adjusting to more complicated steps. How do I place an icon for Word, Excel and PowerPoint on my desktop. Right now I can only access them on the Taskbar. I'm not used to using the Taskbar for access?...
  9. How to lock desktop icons in place?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to lock desktop icons in place?: All I found so far by Googling was that one should set 'arrange icons to a grid', or similar. That option is already enabled. In fact, the only icon I have on my Windows 10 desktop is the Recycle Bin, but any time other icons or folders are placed there temporarily, it is...
  10. desktop icons won't stay in place

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icons won't stay in place: It's not the end of the world, but since a recent Windows update my desktop icons won't stay where I put them. In addition, after my computer boots up and everything is loaded, desktop icons do not appear on their own. I have to right click/view/show desktop icons....