Windows 10: Desktop folder missing in Command Prompt

Discus and support Desktop folder missing in Command Prompt in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello Gurus Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.1110) I have just reinstalled Win 10 because I couldn't find the Desktop folder when using the Command Prompt,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Vold, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Vold Win User

Desktop folder missing in Command Prompt

Hello Gurus Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.1110) I have just reinstalled Win 10 because I couldn't find the Desktop folder when using the Command Prompt, and its still missing. Has anybody any ideas how to fix this problem ?

:)

2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jul 31, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. Desktop folder missing in Command Prompt

Cannot create a new folder or file in the Documents folder using command prompt

OK, we need to dig a little deeper. You might be dealing with illegal characters in a folder name. Let's try this:

1. Open a Command Prompt.
    2. Type this command:

md "%UerProfile%\Test"

(does it work?)
    3. Type this command:
    4. dir /a "%UserProfile%" > "%UserProfile%\Desktop\Dir.txt"
    5. Open the desktop file Dir.txt.
    6. Paste its contents into your reply.

Frederik Long, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

Desktop folder missing in Command Prompt

1. Desktop folder missing in Command Prompt - Similar Threads - Desktop folder missing

2. new command prompt is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new command prompt is missing: today the system suddenly reverted to legacy command prompt, and i can no longer access the new command prompt windows terminal. checked from microsoft store, it displays that the app is installed, but on opening windows terminal i get an error:windows 11, updated to latest...
  3. new command prompt is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new command prompt is missing: today the system suddenly reverted to legacy command prompt, and i can no longer access the new command prompt windows terminal. checked from microsoft store, it displays that the app is installed, but on opening windows terminal i get an error:windows 11, updated to latest...
  4. command prompt starting on desktop startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    command prompt starting on desktop startup: Hi recently whenever I turn on my deviceASUS LAPTOP windows 10 the command promt suddenly opens and closes like within a second it has happened to me a numerous times now pls help me....
  5. Command prompt missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command prompt missing: Hello, I need help with a problem of mine I've been trying to open up command prompt for a while to do some of my work but I cant seem to find a solution for this i have tried everything but I cant get it to pop up on my laptop. please give me tips in trying to fix this...
  6. How to Run commands of Command Prompt with a Desktop Shortcut

in Windows 10 News
    How to Run commands of Command Prompt with a Desktop Shortcut: [ATTACH]Opening the Command Prompt and running some commands every time is somewhat a tedious job. Are you also bored of using it constantly? If yes, […] This article How to Run commands of Command Prompt with a Desktop Shortcut first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  7. Command prompt is missing on windows 10

Command prompt is missing on windows 10: Hello, I got an answer to this question days ago I can't find anymore, so I restate my question. How do I install command prompt? Because without it I can't change other settings. Thank you. savvy108...
  8. Command Prompt is missing from the drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Command Prompt is missing from the drive.: Trying to get past the BitLocker on my Granddaughters Ideapad 100s 11IBY. Having tried several avenues to recover from the Locker, it was decided to start fresh with a re-install of Windows 10. As many of the functions were limited due to the lack of access because of the...
  9. Command Prompt is missing from the drive.

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt is missing from the drive.: Trying to get past the BitLocker on my Granddaughters Ideapad 100s 11IBY. Having tried several avenues to recover from the Locker, it was decided to start fresh with a re-install of Windows 10. As many of the functions were limited due to the lack of access because of the...
  10. Command for Command Prompt restoring missing file

Command for Command Prompt restoring missing file: Hey i saw your post about how you can boot into Command Prompt and push to restore the file, do you have that command still??...