Windows 10: Desktop folder not showing in file explorer; Windows 10

Discus and support Desktop folder not showing in file explorer; Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new build pc with Windows 10. When I look at file explorer I'm not seeing the "desktop" folder, although I'm seeing 2 x "download" folders,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mpl911, Mar 5, 2020.

1. mpl911 Win User

Desktop folder not showing in file explorer; Windows 10

I have a new build pc with Windows 10. When I look at file explorer I'm not seeing the "desktop" folder, although I'm seeing 2 x "download" folders, each of which show the 3 folders I actually have on my desktop...

Desktop folder not showing in file explorer; Windows 10 42dc3573-fa53-4d18-a328-2c9de9038eeb?upload=true.png

Even if I drill down into "Windows C: / Users", etc, I still see no Desktop folder there...

Desktop folder not showing in file explorer; Windows 10 e6c3fd8f-3d65-43ca-8ff7-037be73c9a13?upload=true.png

Can anyone please advise as to how I can get rid of one of the "download" folders or ideally both as I don't download to that location anyway and re-instate the Desktop folder in Explorer?

Thanks.

Mike.

:)

mpl911, Mar 5, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Mar 5, 2020
  4. sturpe Win User

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Desktop folder not showing in file explorer; Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Desktop folder showing

2. Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop: I have multiple desktop shortcuts on my desktop, but not all of them are showing up in the windows file explorer folder view.I have enabled hidden folders, and have rebooted both the computer and file explorer multiple times.Image: https://ibb.co/n3df39p...
  3. Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop: I have multiple desktop shortcuts on my desktop, but not all of them are showing up in the windows file explorer folder view.I have enabled hidden folders, and have rebooted both the computer and file explorer multiple times.Image: https://ibb.co/n3df39p...
  4. Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not showing desktop folder icon in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not showing desktop folder icon in File Explorer?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedPlammer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wmskhz/not_showing_desktop_folder_icon_in_file_explorer/
  6. BAckup folders not showing in File Explorer

BAckup folders not showing in File Explorer: Following recent updates on Windows 10 on both my PC And Laptop I am no longer able to see all the files on my external hard drive. It is a WD My Cloud and File Explorer now only shows Music, Photos and Videos and not the Smartware folder containg my backups. The folder is...
  7. Desktop in Explorer not showing all files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop in Explorer not showing all files: For some reason when I access 'Desktop' by using the explorer it's not showing all the files on my desktop, as an example the recycling bin and a shortcut for Adobe Creative Cloud is not showing however it's showing a shortcut for other stuff. When I use "shell:desktop" it...
  8. Desktop folder not showing in Windows 10 file explorer

Desktop folder not showing in Windows 10 file explorer: I have a new build pc with Windows 10. When I look at file explorer I'm not seeing the "desktop" folder, although I'm seeing 2 x "download" folders, each of which show the 3 folders I actually have on my desktop [ATTACH] Even if I go drill down into "Windows C: / Users",...
  9. File Explorer folders not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer folders not showing: I am unable to open File Explorer to the normal view (folders/files listed down left side of screen e,g, Libraries; OneDrive; This PC; Local C; Network etc.). All I see is Quick Access. I have restarted my computer and reset File Explorer defaults. I have tried to...
  10. Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size

Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size: Need Help, Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size. Its very difficult to identify big size folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-file-explorer-not-showing-folder-size/7b31df8a-3fe7-41d2-97c9-d5cfb6c93cf1"