Windows 10: Desktop Folder not updating with File folder

Discus and support Desktop Folder not updating with File folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, For ease of access I copied one of My Documents folders to desktop. Now, if I add files to this folder, I have to add it to both, the folder on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Beroun, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Beroun Win User

Desktop Folder not updating with File folder

Hi,

For ease of access I copied one of My Documents folders to desktop. Now, if I add files to this folder, I have to add it to both, the folder on the desktop and the folder in My Documents (not doing this, one of the folders is missing the added file). Is there any way to ensure that adding a file to only one folder also adds it to the second folder. Example, If I add a file to the folder in My Documents can it automatically be added to the same folder on the desktop?

Thanks for any advice.

Peter

:)

Beroun, Jun 8, 2019
  2. Frogger Win User

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Desktop Folder not updating with File folder :)

Frogger, Jun 8, 2019
  3. WojtasRed Win User
    Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Jun 8, 2019
  4. GSquadron Win User

Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Desktop Folder not updating with File folder - Similar Threads - Desktop Folder updating

2. Desktop files and folders disappeared?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop files and folders disappeared?: today i opened my laptop that has windows 11 and all files from desktop were disappeared, and also a update happened just before that and ive tried every guide to recover but i couldnt, does anyone know how can i get my files back?...
  3. Desktop files and folders disappeared?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop files and folders disappeared?: today i opened my laptop that has windows 11 and all files from desktop were disappeared, and also a update happened just before that and ive tried every guide to recover but i couldnt, does anyone know how can i get my files back?...
  4. Windows update - Empty files on desktop folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update - Empty files on desktop folder: [ATTACH] Computer auto-updated after a restart a few weeks ago. I just noticed a folder on my desktop looks like this. Every file inside it has a duplicate and they’re both empty and won’t open. I don’t have a backup and it won’t let me go back to the previous version of...
  5. desktop folder within a desktop folder within a desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop folder within a desktop folder within a desktop folder: Through transferring data from one computer to another, I've ended up with multiple desktop folders inside of the desktop folder inside of file explorer. Combining those folders seems to be a bit of a task and one drive seems complicate this issue. 171578
  6. File Folder Files / Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Folder Files / Folders: Hi, I've noticed for quit a while that when I select properties of a number of folders. The total folders is correct but the files isn't correct. Especially when I know there's nothing in those folders. I've included a screenshot of a music folder and its supposed properties....
  7. Desktop folders and files

Desktop folders and files: I cannot right click and create a new folder on my desktop. Nor can I move an existing one there for easy access. I once had several there and they've all gone to roost in the right hand nav files and folders. Seems like this should be a simple fix but I am unable to find...
  8. Desktop empty but there are files in the folder?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop empty but there are files in the folder?: So my father has the problem that nothing is displayed on the desktop of his laptop. Even after he reboots. In the files folder under the desktop, the files that are no longer visible are stored normally. Whatever he changed, how do you fix it? It's a Windows 10 laptop if...
  9. Desktop files and folders deleted after windows updated

Desktop files and folders deleted after windows updated: Hi After the most recent windows update, my desktop was completely different and all the files and folders that had previously been on it are nowhere to be found on the computer. Folders still appear in recently accessed, but it shows an error message if I try open them....
  10. Desktop and Folders not updating

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop and Folders not updating: Hi If I edit a file name, remove or add a file then I have to press F5 to refresh either the folder I'm in or the desktop. Never had to do this before. Any one any ideas how to resolve this Thanks 46605