Windows 10: Desktop folder Problem

Discus and support Desktop folder Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Its only been 3 days since i clean installed windows 10 home 1909 for my Asus Laptop using a usb. I followed the this guide... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alex_070, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Alex_070 Win User

Desktop folder Problem

Its only been 3 days since i clean installed windows 10 home 1909 for my Asus Laptop using a usb. I followed the this guide https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/clean-install-windows-10/1c426bdf-79b1-4d42-be93-17378d93e587

i have installed February 27, 2020—KB4535996 OS Builds 18362.693 and 18363.693 update through windows update.

The desktop has the notepad++ icon but for some reason the notepad++ icon isn't in the desktop folder. Why is that ??

Look at the screen below.

As for the other programs icons i had copy and paste the shortcuts into the desktop folder.. it wouldnt show in the desktop folder for some reason even before the update. However whenever i make a new folder or document it appears in the desktop folder.

What i have done so far

Windows Defender Full Scan

Results

No threats found

Malwarebytes threat scan

Result

No Threats found

sfc scannow

Results:

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Results

No component store corruption detected

The Operation completed successfully

Desktop folder Problem 05d04c75-2575-47a2-9233-882fe975daca?upload=true.png

:)

Alex_070, Mar 1, 2020

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 1, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Desktop folder Problem

Can't open folders on desktop

Hello David,

System file corruption is one of the possible causes of this issue. For us to isolate and assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• What exactly happens when you try to open folder?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking this article and follow the
    steps to automatically diagnose and repair problems with files and folders in Windows.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Desktop folder Problem

1. Desktop folder Problem - Similar Threads - Desktop folder Problem

2. Pinned Desktop Folder Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned Desktop Folder Problem: So I've had an issue for a while with the Pinned desktop folder that appears when you right-click on Windows Explorer in the taskbar, where it wouldn't open the desktop folder, but nor would it allow me to delete it. Kinda like this: I press delete and nothing happens at all....
  3. Pinned Desktop Folder Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinned Desktop Folder Problem: So I've had an issue for a while with the Pinned desktop folder that appears when you right-click on Windows Explorer in the taskbar, where it wouldn't open the desktop folder, but nor would it allow me to delete it. Kinda like this: I press delete and nothing happens at all....
  4. Windows 11 problem creating folder in desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 problem creating folder in desktop: No problems until yesterday. Now, when I try to create a folder in the computer-based desktop not in the OneDrive I get this message. My username in the Users folder is rfwel and not rfwel. with an added period. System reset to previous date does not solve the problem. I can...
  5. Windows 11 problem creating folder in desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 problem creating folder in desktop: No problems until yesterday. Now, when I try to create a folder in the computer-based desktop not in the OneDrive I get this message. My username in the Users folder is rfwel and not rfwel. with an added period. System reset to previous date does not solve the problem. I can...
  6. Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Folder: hi,i have a suggestion if you ever have the time to implement the idea i think it will be a nice addition,the folders in the desktop,is there a possibility to make the folder look like transparent collections or like android folders to make my desktop look more lively...
  7. desktop folder within a desktop folder within a desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop folder within a desktop folder within a desktop folder: Through transferring data from one computer to another, I've ended up with multiple desktop folders inside of the desktop folder inside of file explorer. Combining those folders seems to be a bit of a task and one drive seems complicate this issue. 171578
  8. Problem Deleting folder from my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem Deleting folder from my desktop: So I have this folder created on my desktop unfortunately it has all the Windows-based folders in it like Program Files and all that. Created by user Mayur, I am the user, also the Admin, its a Personal computer, But everytime I try deleting the folder, I get the Pop up...
  9. Relocating User Desktop Folder Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Relocating User Desktop Folder Problem: I need help correcting a problem I created with the relocation of my user Desktop folder. I am new to Windows 10, and I have limited experience with Windows7. System: Lenovo M725s Windows 10 Pro, 1909 Build 18363.815 AMD Ryzen 5 Pro CPU 8 GB memory C: SSD, D: hard file I...
  10. Problem of desktop icons not appearing in the desktop folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem of desktop icons not appearing in the desktop folder.: Some people may have run into this problem. Here's a possible solution. Copy the desktop icon and paste it into another folder like the download folder. Rename the icon you have created. Put it on the desktop. It should appear on both the desktop and in the desktop folder....