Windows 10: Desktop folder slow "Working on it" when I save a file

Discus and support Desktop folder slow "Working on it" when I save a file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to fix a problem that two users are experiencing. They are using different browsers and programs when they are trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MorganC27, May 16, 2019.

1. MorganC27 Win User

Desktop folder slow "Working on it" when I save a file

Hello,

I am trying to fix a problem that two users are experiencing. They are using different browsers and programs when they are trying to save/upload a document to/from the desktop folder and it takes quite a while to load what is in the folder and says "Working on it..". I have tried a couple of solutions, but none of them have worked and they are still having the problem.

I have tried:

• Restarting the computer
    • Rebuilding the search index
    • sfc /scannow
    • chkdsk/r and restarted

I would set the file to optimize folders to "General", but you can't do that to the desktop folder. Most of the articles that give the solution to this problem is for regular folders like Documents, but my issue is the Desktop folder.

Thanks

:)

MorganC27, May 16, 2019

2. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, May 16, 2019
  3. Saving a file to a folder

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm opening up an attachment from a google account. When I right click I don't have the 'save as' option also I did not have that option when I checked the 'file' either...

Please advise.

Thank you,

DeanHadzikostas, May 16, 2019
  4. Desktop folder slow "Working on it" when I save a file

help! how to have permision to save file in folder?

help! how to have permision to save file in folder?

im trying to save a file to a folder located in program folder. but it says i do not have permision..... contact admin...... but i am the amdin of this computer! and it is the only account in this comp!

plzz help quick!!!!

nevermind.... got it.

HiddenStupid, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Desktop folder slow "Working on it" when I save a file

1. Desktop folder slow "Working on it" when I save a file - Similar Threads - Desktop folder slow

2. Windows desktop folders moving sometimes after file downloads or file savings on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows desktop folders moving sometimes after file downloads or file savings on Desktop: Good day,I sometimes have the problem that my Windows desktop folders user folder, this computer and the recycle bin get rearranged once I download some files to the desktop or I save a file on it...I do not want this behavior. I want the symbols to always remain in that...
  3. Desktop folder really slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop folder really slow: Opening anything from desktop takes up to two minutes. File explorer works fine, and opening the same file from the explorer is normal. Opening apps from the start menu or the task bar also works like it used to, but if it is from a shortcut on the desktop it is really slow....
  4. Desktop folder really slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop folder really slow: Opening anything from desktop takes up to two minutes. File explorer works fine, and opening the same file from the explorer is normal. Opening apps from the start menu or the task bar also works like it used to, but if it is from a shortcut on the desktop it is really slow....
  5. Desktop folder really slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. In Windows 10 when I save a file, how do I get it to save to the last folder I saved a file to?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In Windows 10 when I save a file, how do I get it to save to the last folder I saved a file to?: When saving excel, word pdf files etc., I have to scroll through explorer to select the folder to save the file to. Sometimes I am saving several files consecutively to the same folder and each time I must go through the process of searching for that folder. In previous...
  7. In Windows 10 when I save a file, how do I get it to save to the last folder I saved a file to?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 10 when I save a file, how do I get it to save to the last folder I saved a file to?: When saving excel, word pdf files etc., I have to scroll through explorer to select the folder to save the file to. Sometimes I am saving several files consecutively to the same folder and each time I must go through the process of searching for that folder. In previous...
  8. In Windows 10 when I save a file, how do I get it to save to the last folder I saved a file to?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Save File, "New Folder" very slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Save File, "New Folder" very slow: Lately when attempting downloads or saving files, the Save File "New Folder" button seems to take forever to complete (at least a minute). I can't pin down exactly when this started happening, just that I've been annoyed by it in for a t least the last month. Does anyone have...
  10. Saving to Desktop Slow - "Working on it"

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving to Desktop Slow - "Working on it": Hello, One of my users has a Windows 10 laptop and is having problems saving to his desktop. Basically, he goes to "Save As" something (an Outlook attachment, for instance) and it gets stuck on "working on it" for a few minutes. It does eventually come up. Also, the...