Windows 10: Desktop folder slow "Working on it" when I save a file

Discus and support Desktop folder slow "Working on it" when I save a file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to fix a problem that two users are experiencing. They are using different browsers and programs when they are trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MorganC27, May 16, 2019 at 1:02 PM.

1. MorganC27 Win User

Desktop folder slow "Working on it" when I save a file

Hello,

I am trying to fix a problem that two users are experiencing. They are using different browsers and programs when they are trying to save/upload a document to/from the desktop folder and it takes quite a while to load what is in the folder and says "Working on it..". I have tried a couple of solutions, but none of them have worked and they are still having the problem.

I have tried:

• Restarting the computer
    • Rebuilding the search index
    • sfc /scannow
    • chkdsk/r and restarted

I would set the file to optimize folders to "General", but you can't do that to the desktop folder. Most of the articles that give the solution to this problem is for regular folders like Documents, but my issue is the Desktop folder.

Thanks

:)

2. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, May 16, 2019 at 1:07 PM
  3. Saving a file to a folder

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm opening up an attachment from a google account. When I right click I don't have the 'save as' option also I did not have that option when I checked the 'file' either...

Please advise.

Thank you,

DeanHadzikostas, May 16, 2019 at 1:07 PM
  4. Desktop folder slow "Working on it" when I save a file

help! how to have permision to save file in folder?

help! how to have permision to save file in folder?

im trying to save a file to a folder located in program folder. but it says i do not have permision..... contact admin...... but i am the amdin of this computer! and it is the only account in this comp!

plzz help quick!!!!

nevermind.... got it.

HiddenStupid, May 16, 2019 at 1:07 PM
Thema:

Desktop folder slow "Working on it" when I save a file

1. Desktop folder slow "Working on it" when I save a file - Similar Threads - Desktop folder slow

2. error when trying to save to desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error when trying to save to desktop: [ATTACH] how do i fix on dell Optiplex 755 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-trying-to-save-to-desktop/29b20557-680f-4dd9-8b3e-fe4b6fdb9682
  3. Saving files and download in one folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving files and download in one folder: Hi guys, it is possible to always save and download in one folder windows 10? 123933
  4. save to desktop is not an option when I right click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    save to desktop is not an option when I right click: "save to desktop" is not an option when I right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-to-desktop-is-not-an-option-when-i-right/92103173-b318-487f-bd64-1f4f05ee8bac"
  5. Edge will not save files in a folder

Edge will not save files in a folder: When I want to save a web site in a new folder, I click on the star and when I click on save in new folder, it creates a new folder but does not open up the folder to place the web site in the folder. I have about 10 folders called new folder. We should be able to click on...
  6. Desktop folders & files flash & blink continuously & computer is slow.

Desktop folders & files flash & blink continuously & computer is slow.: Microsoft Updated my computer with the Oct. 2018 Windows 10 Update last week. Had to reinstall all my paid for software. Files & folders & App folders are flashing nonstop. Tech Support did a System Restore. Only the Update Restore Point existed. All other Restore Points...
  7. when I try to save to desktop, Windows 10, it says file not found

in Windows 10 Customization
    when I try to save to desktop, Windows 10, it says file not found: when I try to save to desktop, Windows 10, it says file not found, This has started to happen recently. I have a word document I want to save to desktop for easy access. I save as to desktop and I get the message: C:\Users\XXXXX\Desktop\XXXXXXXXXXXXX.docx File not found....
  8. When I use "Save As", my Libraries folder is missing

in Windows 10 Support
    When I use "Save As", my Libraries folder is missing: . When I save a file using "Save As", the list of folders does not show the "Libraries" folder (or any of its subfolders, such as Documents, Music...) When I open File Explorer, I can see the following top-level folders: Libraries OneDrive This PC Network But when I...
  9. Saving to Desktop Slow - "Working on it"

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving to Desktop Slow - "Working on it": Hello, One of my users has a Windows 10 laptop and is having problems saving to his desktop. Basically, he goes to "Save As" something (an Outlook attachment, for instance) and it gets stuck on "working on it" for a few minutes. It does eventually come up. Also, the...
  10. Icons on Desktop move when saved

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons on Desktop move when saved: Hi This might seem like a trivial problem compared to some of the others on this site, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix my icon problem. I have icons for certain files - word and excel, that I arrange in convenient places on the desktop. If I edit these then...