Windows 10: desktop folder within a desktop folder within a desktop folder

Discus and support desktop folder within a desktop folder within a desktop folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Through transferring data from one computer to another, I've ended up with multiple desktop folders inside of the desktop folder inside of file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MRZ, Jan 2, 2021.

1. MRZ
    MRZ Win User

desktop folder within a desktop folder within a desktop folder

Through transferring data from one computer to another, I've ended up with multiple desktop folders inside of the desktop folder inside of file explorer. Combining those folders seems to be a bit of a task and one drive seems complicate this issue.

:)

2. FX-GMC Win User

How to get rid of mysterious "Toshiba drivers" folder from my desktop?

Good call, forgot about that. Public is the one you want. Default is only on user creation.

Deleting a folder from the user's desktop deletes it from the public user's desktop.

FX-GMC, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Desktop folder stuck with an "empty folder" icon

That sounded like the solution but actually it didn't work at all.

I solved in another way, and NOTHING else worked (I've been trying for weeks):

1. Rename your desktop folder, something like "olddesktop";
    2. Create a new folder called "Desktop";
    3. Apply the Desktop icon stored in imageres.dll (the folder behind the desktop will appear automatically with the imageres.dll icon, the SHELL32.dll icon is just the desktop with no folder behind);
    4. Right-click the old folder and use the "Path" tab to move its content to the new folder;
    5. Delete the "olddesktop" folder;
    6. Refresh your user folder with the F5 key.

Luca Cavallini, Jan 2, 2021
  4. desktop folder within a desktop folder within a desktop folder

deleted desktop folder

from admin folder I had deleted Desktop folder sir

now what u suggest

Ahmed RazaIdrisi, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

desktop folder within a desktop folder within a desktop folder

1. desktop folder within a desktop folder within a desktop folder - Similar Threads - desktop folder within

2. Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Folder: hi,i have a suggestion if you ever have the time to implement the idea i think it will be a nice addition,the folders in the desktop,is there a possibility to make the folder look like transparent collections or like android folders to make my desktop look more lively...
  3. Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Folder: hi,i have a suggestion if you ever have the time to implement the idea i think it will be a nice addition,the folders in the desktop,is there a possibility to make the folder look like transparent collections or like android folders to make my desktop look more lively...
  4. Desktop folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop folders: Are the folders/files in C:\Users\user name\Desktop the same as in This PC\Desktop and Desktop\This PC, etc ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-folders/fca4a621-62e0-47e4-9d7f-f10084ce66f7
  5. Desktop folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop folders: Are the folders/files in C:\Users\user name\Desktop the same as in This PC\Desktop and Desktop\This PC, etc ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-folders/fca4a621-62e0-47e4-9d7f-f10084ce66f7
  6. Desktop folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Automatic sorting within a folder on Desktop

Automatic sorting within a folder on Desktop: Changing from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I've found a weird feature: the automatic sorting of subfolders within the Desktop folders is missed.While in all the other folders I can add a subfolder or change a subfolder name, and the subfolder goes automatically in the correct...
  8. Desktop Folders

Desktop Folders: The feature allowing me to create new folders on the desktop has stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-folders/a871e3bc-5e42-4dfc-96b8-27efbf2f02ff"
  9. Printer folder missing within the spool folder within system32

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer folder missing within the spool folder within system32: I've been following the instructions on resetting a printer and deleting the print queue. It said delete the contents of the PRINTER folder within spool folder located in the system32 folder and not to delete the folder itself. Only the PRINTER folder isn't there and may...
  10. Difficulty opening Programs from shortcuts within folders on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Difficulty opening Programs from shortcuts within folders on Desktop: I'm having a problem with a new build on Win10 Home, 64bit. I try to keep the desktop tidy by having folders for different types of programs and utilities. When I try to open some programs from within those folders - usually those needing UAC confirmation (but not always...