Windows 10: desktop folders have dissapeard

Discus and support desktop folders have dissapeard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my folders from my desktop have dissapeared but can be found in settings under desktop how can i put them back on my desktop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by joyj12, May 31, 2019.

1. joyj12 Win User

desktop folders have dissapeard

my folders from my desktop have dissapeared but can be found in settings under desktop how can i put them back on my desktop?

:)

joyj12, May 31, 2019
  2. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, May 31, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 31, 2019
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. desktop folders have dissapeard - Similar Threads - desktop folders dissapeard

2. The apps on my wallpaper have all dissapeard, My wallpaper is still there, The apps are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The apps on my wallpaper have all dissapeard, My wallpaper is still there, The apps are...: idk what to type here the question itself is all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-apps-on-my-wallpaper-have-all-dissapeard-my/01c6b9a0-f2fb-4d48-8df6-6ecec93083f7
  3. The apps on my wallpaper have all dissapeard, My wallpaper is still there, The apps are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The apps on my wallpaper have all dissapeard, My wallpaper is still there, The apps are...: idk what to type here the question itself is all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-apps-on-my-wallpaper-have-all-dissapeard-my/01c6b9a0-f2fb-4d48-8df6-6ecec93083f7
  4. multiple desktops have only one folder desktop !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple desktops have only one folder desktop !: when I switch between desktops and put files, they have the same folder desktop.so I can't have custom files or icons for each desktop.it's will be a great feature if added....
  5. multiple desktops have only one folder desktop !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    multiple desktops have only one folder desktop !: when I switch between desktops and put files, they have the same folder desktop.so I can't have custom files or icons for each desktop.it's will be a great feature if added....
  6. drive d partition dissapeard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drive d partition dissapeard: HELLO i have an urgent problemdrive d partition disaapeared suddenlyi hearde klicking sounds , blue screen - then the drive dissapearit is a partition .attached the scan of drive C only because this is the only partition that shows.tried everything can't find drive D...
  7. All my apps dissapeard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All my apps dissapeard: Dear people one day als my apps on the start screen suddenly disappeard i looked online for solutions but didnt find anything that work if i drag a app to start or pin it on my start screen it doesnt show either i really want to know how i can fix this can you help me...
  8. Local disk E and D dissapeard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local disk E and D dissapeard.: Hello, recently I had to download something from my school classroom it was a word file and when I was choosing the file destination it lagged and all my windows froze so I was not able to turn it off only from the power source. I restarted it and my local disks E and D...
  9. Files dissapeard.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files dissapeard.: Yesterday I did alot of work on my pc with photoshop and today I need to have that pictures, but today when I woke up I found mos of my files dissapeard, my photoshop is missing and everything in Drive E that was installed yesterday dissapeard from my pc without reason....
  10. desktop folders have dissapeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop folders have dissapeared: my folders from my desktop have dissapeared but can be found in settings under desktop how can i put them back on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-folders-have-dissapeared/bd51041d-77e7-4038-a4ae-9681038e97c4