Windows 10: desktop folders have dissapeared

Discus and support desktop folders have dissapeared in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my folders from my desktop have dissapeared but can be found in settings under desktop how can i put them back on my desktop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by joyj12, May 31, 2019.

1. joyj12 Win User

desktop folders have dissapeared

my folders from my desktop have dissapeared but can be found in settings under desktop how can i put them back on my desktop?

:)

joyj12, May 31, 2019

2. Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

Lost my files in Folder Lock

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, May 31, 2019
  3. icons on desktop dissapeared

Hi,

I think you are right clicking from the Start menu desktop and I suggest you to right click from the conventional desktop not the desktop you see when you press the Start menu. And perform the actions. You may aslo drag and drop the applications
    as suggested, to do so,

• Click on the Start menu.

• Select All Apps.

• Select the apps you want to in to the desktop and drag the icons to the desktop.
    Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 31, 2019
  4. desktop folders have dissapeared

After installing the updates, desktop background pictures dissapeared.

Hi Lucky,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

This type of issue might occur because of some missing, corrupt or damaged files in your system.

Initially, I suggest you to try the below method and later you can try to set the desktop background and check.

Method 1: I suggest you to run System File Checker, which will check your system for missing, corrupt or damaged files and attempt to fix them.

Please refer the article on “How to run System File Checker” and check if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-gb

Method 2: DISM:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Now, follow the below steps to set desktop background.

• Right click on your desktop background and click on Personalize.
    • Click on Background list box and select pictures.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 31, 2019
Thema:

desktop folders have dissapeared

1. desktop folders have dissapeared - Similar Threads - desktop folders dissapeared

2. Wifi and Bluetooth have completely dissapeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and Bluetooth have completely dissapeared: A couple days ago Wifi and Bluetooth randomly stopped working on my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to turn them on again,only to find wifi turns itself off again and the Bluetooth switch literally dissapeared. Bluetooth option also dissapeared from Notifications and Actions It just...
  3. All desktop icons and apps have dissapeared but taskbar is still working

in Windows 10 Customization
    All desktop icons and apps have dissapeared but taskbar is still working: I've recently had a problem where I boot my computer up and no apps or icons that were there are now gone. I have linked up my laptop to a second monitor and used the second monitor as the main one for a while. But when I unplugged the HDMI cord that leads to my second...
  4. EXE FILE DISSAPEARS FROM FOLDER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    EXE FILE DISSAPEARS FROM FOLDER: I'm trying to download the program BenBox for Laser Engraver onto my computer. After installing the program it runs on the install but when I close it and try to reopen it my benbox.exe file disappears from the folder it was in. How do I solve to problem of the disappearing...
  5. desktop icons dissapear with start menu

desktop icons dissapear with start menu: [ATTACH][ATTACH] when windows loads nothing appears, but when i open something or right click on desktop everything appears. sometimes when i open something and minimize it everything goes off again. some one know how to fix this? thanks...
  6. Desktop Shortcut icons dissapeared

Desktop Shortcut icons dissapeared: Hi Everyone. My problem is I have lost all desktop shortcut icons on my windows 10, how do I retrieve this page? its normally when the pc starts up, then I click into them. Some one help me please, its driving me crazy. Thank you....
  7. RealTek audio drivers have dissapeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RealTek audio drivers have dissapeared: I can no longer use my headphones because of this. Realtek audio is gone from device manager and sound (control panel) I am currently on windows 10 1803 and have tried updating to 1903, did not work. I think it was caused by an automatic update that messed up the...
  8. desktop folders have dissapeard

desktop folders have dissapeard: my folders from my desktop have dissapeared but can be found in settings under desktop how can i put them back on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-folders-have-dissapeard/bd51041d-77e7-4038-a4ae-9681038e97c4
  9. Files dissapearing from Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files dissapearing from Downloads folder: Hello all I would not write this if I would not test this myself. I have fresh installed W10 Pro. Also, this happened before. My files are disappearing from Downloads folder, and today there was one very important file that just disappeared. I am really afraid to store...
  10. Folder poping up and then dissapearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder poping up and then dissapearing: Hello Guys and Gals. i have this weird thing happening on my PC, i keep seeing this folder " removable storage " appear and then disappear from my desktop, does anyone have any idea as to what is happening ? when i open the folder i see all my drives, but then the Folder...