Windows 10: Desktop Folders not opening

Discus and support Desktop Folders not opening in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Folders on my desktop will not open as before. It goes to the File Explorer folder in the task bar in mini version, but can't open full screen as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Robert Jackson_56, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Desktop Folders not opening

Folders on my desktop will not open as before. It goes to the File Explorer folder in the task bar in mini version, but can't open full screen as normal. The File Explorer folder will not open.

:)

Robert Jackson_56, Jul 11, 2021

2. Can't open folders on desktop

Hello David,

System file corruption is one of the possible causes of this issue. For us to isolate and assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• What exactly happens when you try to open folder?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking this article and follow the
    steps to automatically diagnose and repair problems with files and folders in Windows.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Jul 11, 2021
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 11, 2021
  4. Jacko28 Win User

Desktop Folders not opening

Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

Desktop Folders not opening

1. Desktop Folders not opening - Similar Threads - Desktop Folders opening

2. Folders on desktop won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders on desktop won't open.: I upgraded my PC from Windows 11 home to Pro. Now I am having issues with the folders on the desktop. double click dont work and right click and pressing open dont work.I went to task manager and restarted windows explorer. Didn't fix.In task manager I ended window explorer...
  3. Folders on desktop won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders on desktop won't open.: I upgraded my PC from Windows 11 home to Pro. Now I am having issues with the folders on the desktop. double click dont work and right click and pressing open dont work.I went to task manager and restarted windows explorer. Didn't fix.In task manager I ended window explorer...
  4. windows 11 Desktop shortcuts opens folder location, not the folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 Desktop shortcuts opens folder location, not the folder.: Hi,i have created many folders on my destop. Today I decided to move them to their correct location in "Documents" and replace them with shortcuts on the desktop. Some had aldeady been done., or a shortcut had already been created, linked to the folder in"documents".This is...
  5. clicking desktop folder does not open the folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    clicking desktop folder does not open the folder: I have set up a desktop folder with shortcuts to files I use frequently. But when I double-click on this folder, file explorer opens to Quick Access instead of directly to the contents of the folder. How do I fix this? I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.19042. Thanks....
  6. folders won't open on desktop.

in Windows 10 Support
    folders won't open on desktop.: File folders on the desktop won't open. They seem to try to open then go to the taskbar where I can barely see them and cannot open them. The same issue is with file explorer and recycle. They won't open either but again seem to try to open then go to the task bar where I can...
  7. open a folder on multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    open a folder on multiple desktops: Hello, I am trying to use my various desktops for different tasks, but some base folders I need on all desktops. How can I get windows to allow me to open those on all desktops without suddenly switching desktops on me when I am just trying to open a new folder? I have...
  8. Folders opening and closing on desktop properly

Folders opening and closing on desktop properly: I have a new Dell Windows 10 machine. As I open a new folder the previous folders stack up behind the newest window. If I click on a sub folder it swings to the opposite side of the screen. All this going on makes for a very confusing and difficult to keep up with desktop. I...
  9. Can't open new folder on desktop

Can't open new folder on desktop: Unable to open a new folder in desk top. Also can't open a folder in the ribbon, not highlighted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-new-folder-on-desktop/a2d14cd4-a4a1-4b1e-80b6-e4e49445ba65"
  10. Opening folders goes to desktop

Opening folders goes to desktop: Good day! When I try to open a file, attach a file or click on a shortcut, file explorer brings me to the desktop in my Quick Access list. I then have to navigate to the file I want. For example, I just clicked 'save' on a Word document. I clicked 'browse' and it went to...