Windows 10: Desktop folders not responding

Discus and support Desktop folders not responding in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Once I open any folder from the desktop, it goes to not responding. I have looked through you help forum and seen some steps to follow, but nothing has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by loisbarcomb, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Desktop folders not responding

Once I open any folder from the desktop, it goes to not responding. I have looked through you help forum and seen some steps to follow, but nothing has worked. I have ran malware bytes, super anti-spyware and spybot on my system and come up empty. I'm starting to get annoyed by this issue. Please HELP!

:)

loisbarcomb, Apr 29, 2019
  2. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Apr 29, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 29, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Desktop folders not responding

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Desktop folders not responding :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Desktop folders not responding

1. Desktop folders not responding - Similar Threads - Desktop folders responding

2. Background desktop not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background desktop not responding: Hey! so, most of the times i click the right click on the mouse the blue thing of the mouse starts rotating and it dont stops, and when u spam click it it just like refreshes but still a cannot do anything to my apps example: im trying to extract something, but the blue mouse...
  3. Background desktop not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background desktop not responding: Hey! so, most of the times i click the right click on the mouse the blue thing of the mouse starts rotating and it dont stops, and when u spam click it it just like refreshes but still a cannot do anything to my apps example: im trying to extract something, but the blue mouse...
  4. Background desktop not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Downloads folder not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads folder not responding: So, I am trying to get into certain files on my pc and whenever I try to Open my downloads folder in the download manager, it says not responding at a certain point in my the downloads folder and whenever I try to close it out, my pc goes to a black screen in a few seconds...
  6. Folder not responding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder not responding: Hey, I'm trying to open a zip file from the internet, and when I extract the file, it takes a while, and when it does eventually extract and I click on the folder, and the window says it's not responding and essentially crashes. It's only for this file. What's going on here?...
  7. Desktop isn't responding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop isn't responding: I just restored my pc to Factory setting , after setting it up i found the desktop screen black and when i left or right click nothing happens , everything else works fine all the apps work the task bar fonctions , i can't seem to fix it Edit : i just found out that when i...
  8. Folders not responding

Folders not responding: When i click on any folder and then select a file, it hangs. It says on top of the folder "Not Responding". When i close the folder the screen refreshes and the folder closes. But the problem of not responsing persists every time i open the folder and click to open a file....
  9. Desktop is Not Responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop is Not Responding: After I reset My Windows 10 Home on My Laptop using Reset PC on Setting, if I click Right Mouse Button, It shows Loading Mouse Pointer and my desktop gone freezing. I tried to restart it and still like that if I clicked right button. Does someone can solve this? Thank You!...
  10. File Folder Not Responding

File Folder Not Responding: Hi, I have a certain file folder that freezes whenever I try to open it. I click the folder and it loads, then the window freezes while it says Working on it... then proceeds to say (Not Responding). These are the steps i used to use to solve this problem. Open Start,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop folders not responding

2. folders on desktop not responding