Windows 10: Desktop folders not showing in that folder in C: drive

Discus and support Desktop folders not showing in that folder in C: drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, As the subject line describes the folders on my desktop do not appear in the "desktop" folder under my user folder in the c: drive. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AVonrad, Jul 11, 2019.

1. AVonrad Win User

Desktop folders not showing in that folder in C: drive

Hello,

As the subject line describes the folders on my desktop do not appear in the "desktop" folder under my user folder in the c: drive. This is affecting my ability to back up properly through file history. Does anyone know why this might be occurring?

To explain it another way: I have a folder on my desktop labelled "2019". When I go to File Explorer I click on This PC>OS C:>Users>MyUsername>Desktop (which says it is empty).

Thank you for any help,

:)

AVonrad, Jul 11, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Desktop folders not showing in that folder in C: drive :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Desktop folders not showing in that folder in C: drive :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Frogger Win User

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Desktop folders not showing in that folder in C: drive :)

Frogger, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Desktop folders not showing in that folder in C: drive - Similar Threads - Desktop folders showing

2. Local Drive C: showing as a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Drive C: showing as a folder: Hello,So I recently upgraded to windows 11about 3 months ago but I noticed 3 weeks ago that my local drive does not show as a drive icon but as a folder icon, I downloaded external antivirus software thinking it was a virus/malware but still nothing. Yesterday I noticed my...
  3. Local Drive C: showing as a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Drive C: showing as a folder: Hello,So I recently upgraded to windows 11about 3 months ago but I noticed 3 weeks ago that my local drive does not show as a drive icon but as a folder icon, I downloaded external antivirus software thinking it was a virus/malware but still nothing. Yesterday I noticed my...
  4. Username folder in drive C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Username folder in drive C: Hello,I want to change my user folder name in C:/User with no other issue, is there any way to do that?I have tried renaming in the registry key, but then win10 requires me to login again - I'm ok with that - but I have to reinstall all my app : is there any way to change...
  5. Desktop folder disappeared from c drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop folder disappeared from c drive: I can’t see the Desktop folder on my user folder in C: drive.However all the files on Desktop can be accessed through the desktop. I think that it may be because of the OneDrive folder which including desktop folder.Someone can help me how to fix it?...
  6. Mysterious Folder In C drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mysterious Folder In C drive: There is, what appears to be, a new folder in my C drive titled MFG, with a batch file called "anw" and an application called "exchange.exe" and I'm not sure if this is spyware, ransomware or some kind of virus, or if it's part of the windows operating system. If no programs...
  7. Shortcut for folder on E drive to desktop on C drive

Shortcut for folder on E drive to desktop on C drive: Hi guys, This is a little complicated I think. My C Driver is a 250GB SSD while my E Drive is a 500GB HDD. If I transfer folder from C onto E can I then create a shortcut for that folder to appear on C's desktop I am using the SSD for Windows 10 Professional while the HDD...
  8. Weird folder on C: drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird folder on C: drive: [ATTACH] Hello Any ideas why that folder appeared on my C: drive? I scanned it and it doesn't seems to be virus https://preview.redd.it/f10gjs5yfsr41.png?width=363&format=png&auto=webp&s=9ecccb35208609238282ad8769e2e39aedb7e6b8 submitted by /u/Adewi0 [link]...
  9. Secondary drive folders in root are showing on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Secondary drive folders in root are showing on desktop: I'm having an issue where folders stored at the root of my secondary drive (W: in my case) are displaying on the desktop. For example, if I have a directory called W:\foo, a folder named 'foo' will show up on my desktop. The Properties window shows the location correctly...
  10. A folder keeps showing up on my C: Drive

A folder keeps showing up on my C: Drive: A folder randomly showed up named "ZjExNjNiYjNiYjc2MmJl" then it has suspicious contents inside. I scanned using different antivirus but anti viruses says its clean. But lately i keep getting "ads" on google whenever im searching some stuff. Here's the folder: [ATTACH]...