Windows 10: Desktop freeze since windows update

Discus and support Desktop freeze since windows update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi guys, Ever since the last update, my desktop would freeze every time I right click on it. I've noticed this trying to auto sort my desktop icons.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 석윤정, Jan 29, 2019.

1. 석윤정 Win User

Desktop freeze since windows update

Hi guys,

Ever since the last update, my desktop would freeze every time I right click on it. I've noticed this trying to auto sort my desktop icons.

I've never had this problem before I did a fresh reinstall, which I do once per quarter-ish, so I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the update.

Cheers.

:)

석윤정, Jan 29, 2019
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue Desktop freeze since windows update :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Desktop freeze since windows update

Desktop freeze after log in

Hi Keith,

In order for us to find out what causes your desktop to freeze after logging in, we would like to gather more information:

• Did you make any recent changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • When the computer freezes, do you get an error message?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Desktop freeze since windows update

1. Desktop freeze since windows update - Similar Threads - Desktop freeze since

2. Desktop issues since update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop issues since update: Out of no where, several of my desktop files have small brown boxes in the corner and I can't open the files on the C drive. When I try to open them, I get a message saying, "the file name is invalid" or "can't open". Since the update, my desktop and half of my files are...
  3. Desktop issues since update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop issues since update: Out of no where, several of my desktop files have small brown boxes in the corner and I can't open the files on the C drive. When I try to open them, I get a message saying, "the file name is invalid" or "can't open". Since the update, my desktop and half of my files are...
  4. Since last update, Microsoft Sudoku will freeze.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update, Microsoft Sudoku will freeze.: Since last update, Microsoft Sudoku will freeze when Advertisements change. Mouse function stops and if you move the cursor to a different spot, your last click will happen where the cursor is located thus causing errors in the game...
  5. Freezes since last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freezes since last update: I updated to the last update and when i turn on the computer in the first time my mouse freezes when move it and the sound has microshutering. If i tried to restart the computer not restart, stays on the screen restarting... I force the power off and in the second post, the...
  6. Windows freezing since 2004 update during gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows freezing since 2004 update during gaming: Hi guys! I made a mistake by updating my computer to the latest windows version. Unfortunately there must be some drivers conflicting or something forcing my PC to freeze whilst playing videogames. This literally only happens whilst playing games. I've tried; DDU...
  7. PC Randomly Freezes since Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Randomly Freezes since Windows 10 Update: I updated my PC to Windows 10 from 8.1 in January. Since doing so my PC will randomly freeze completely, resulting in a hard reset.I'm nervous these hard resets will result in data corruption. I've never experienced this before with this particular PC. I've updated ALL...
  8. Windows freezing since last update

Windows freezing since last update: Ever since my last update, my screen freezes and allows no action either by mouse or keyboard. Letting it sit does not work. I have had to re-start to get out of the screen. This happens across the board, not just in a browser. Do I just wait for the next update to "correct"...
  9. Windows 10 randomly freezes since 1803 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 randomly freezes since 1803 update: Hi, Before 1803 update I never had any freezing problem. But after that laptop started to freeze randomly, usually after working a few hours. Then I could not reset it and sent it to the service. They could not find any problem but reset the laptop (formatted) to version...
  10. Freezing since windows update

Freezing since windows update: Hi I left my pc updating with a windows update last week and since then I am now getting a complete freeze within 10 minutes of starting although everything appears to be fine. I have tried so many things to fix it and I have ran out of ideas so im desperate for help. I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ever since i down loaden windows update it freezes up