Windows 10: Desktop freeze when i right click

Discus and support Desktop freeze when i right click in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Everytime i right click on my desktop it freezes and i dont know why. I have the newest drivers for my gpu, windows is updated and the moving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/popiejoepie, Apr 19, 2023.

1. Desktop freeze when i right click

/u/popiejoepie, Apr 19, 2023

2. Desktop freeze after log in

Hi Keith,

In order for us to find out what causes your desktop to freeze after logging in, we would like to gather more information:

• Did you make any recent changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • When the computer freezes, do you get an error message?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Apr 19, 2023
  3. Desktop Freezes on Right Click

Desktop Freezes on Right Click

I have windows 10

Elsaeed Elsayed, Apr 19, 2023
  4. Desktop freeze when i right click

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Apr 19, 2023
Thema:

Desktop freeze when i right click

1. Desktop freeze when i right click - Similar Threads - Desktop freeze right

2. desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut: I am running Windows 11 Home.I am also running latest version. When ever I right click a desktop icon/shortcut the desktop freezes and the cursor shows the loading circle. After right clicking on a icon I can not click on anything on my desktop until I restart my PC. While...
  3. desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut: I am running Windows 11 Home.I am also running latest version. When ever I right click a desktop icon/shortcut the desktop freezes and the cursor shows the loading circle. After right clicking on a icon I can not click on anything on my desktop until I restart my PC. While...
  4. Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop: My pc was working normally after while i faced a problem, when i right click a program in the desktop the desktop will freeze, also i saw that programms that was installed on Hdd drive when i right click on them the context menu appear without any problem, but when i right...
  5. Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop: My pc was working normally after while i faced a problem, when i right click a program in the desktop the desktop will freeze, also i saw that programms that was installed on Hdd drive when i right click on them the context menu appear without any problem, but when i right...
  6. When I Right Click on Desktop it is slow or it crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I Right Click on Desktop it is slow or it crashes: When I try to right click on my desktop to create another folder it takes ages or it crashes when I right click multiple times...I already tried to delete the registers, do recovery, even formatted my whole pc and when I entered after the wipe I had the same problem as...
  7. When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.: Hi, i'm having a problem with my MSI Laptop, where I right click the desktop, then it will turn my cursor into the blue circle and try to boot up the screen the gives you all those settings. Then it will take around 2 minutes for that to actually show, but when I click it...
  8. save to desktop is not an option when I right click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    save to desktop is not an option when I right click: "save to desktop" is not an option when I right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-to-desktop-is-not-an-option-when-i-right/92103173-b318-487f-bd64-1f4f05ee8bac"
  9. Desktop freezes if I right-click on a document or shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop freezes if I right-click on a document or shortcut: Hi everyone! My desktop freezes when I right-click on a document or shortcut. This also happens when I right-click on something in file explorer. Does anyone has a solution for this? Thank you in advance!...
  10. laptop freezes when i right click on documents

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop freezes when i right click on documents: not sure weather i am in the right place. this is all very confusing *Confused i have an acer laptop running on windows 10. every time i right click when i am in the documents folder, weather on pictures or music... anything, my laptop freezes and then goes black and...