Windows 10: Desktop Freezes After Watching Videos Online

Discus and support Desktop Freezes After Watching Videos Online in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having this problem where after a while of watching videos online Hulu, youtube, Netflix, etc my desktop starts to slow down then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ElmerFigueroa, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Desktop Freezes After Watching Videos Online

Hello, I've been having this problem where after a while of watching videos online Hulu, youtube, Netflix, etc my desktop starts to slow down then freezes. It doesn't allow me to close down the tab google chrome or open new tabs. There are times where I am able to close google chrome, but I can still see google chrome on the taskbar as if it were open. If I were to increase the volume, the volume meter would not go away and stay with a more transparent look.

I'm not sure if freezing is the correct term because I can still open the windows menu, but I cannot shut it down or restart. It allows me to sign out but it stays stuck on a loading screen. The mouse can still be moved.

The computer itself does not make any sort of sound and appears to just be idle.

Note:

1 I have checked if windows has any corrupt files with "PowerShell sfc /scannow" and no corrupt files were found.

2 I have also done a full system restart delete personal files as well, in which I had to reinstall my Nvidia drivers and the problem still persisted after a day.

3 I bought this machine prebuilt from NZXT don't know if this is worth mentioning but I don't want to leave anything out

4 I have also used a datavac to blow out any dust just in case it was a heating problem.

System Specs: Windows 10 Home

CPU- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

GPU- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super

Motherboard- MSI B450 Tomahawk

Ram- TForce UDR 3000 DDR4 x2 8GB

Storage- SSD Intel 660p 1TB

Powe- Seasonic S12III 650W Bronze

:)

ElmerFigueroa, Jan 30, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Can't watch videos on Win 10

Hi,

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• Which web browser are you using to watch online videos?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    If you are using Internet Explorer to watch online videos, I suggest you to
    follow the steps mentioned in the following link and check:Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

Note: The above mentioned article contains steps to reset IE. Resetting Internet Explorer's settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings in IE are lost and cannot
    be recovered.

Please reply us with the required information along with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Problem watching videos

Hi Ara,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue, respond to the questions listed below:

• Were any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Does the issue persist on all sites?
    • Do the downloaded videos play fine?

Meanwhile you may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click on the video you’re watching.
    • Click on ‘Settings’.
    • On the first tab, make sure ‘Enable hardware acceleration’ box is unchecked.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 30, 2021
  4. PaulaNees Win User

Desktop Freezes After Watching Videos Online

Video on Facebook Watch

I have noticed the problem is not just on Facebook watch, its with other videos on Facebook also.

I did the trouble shooter as you instructed, and Facebook is not listed as a "windows store" app. Not sure what the next step would be.

Paula Nees

PaulaNees, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Desktop Freezes After Watching Videos Online

1. Desktop Freezes After Watching Videos Online - Similar Threads - Desktop Freezes Watching

2. PC freezes while watching videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes while watching videos: Hi. I have been having this issue for a few weeks. Whenever I watch a video, my pc will randomly freeze up after sometime sometimes immediately but usually every 10-20 minutes. It happens with any video platform I tried: youtube & netflix in both Chrome and Edge, and also VLC...
  3. PC freezes while watching videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes while watching videos: Hi. I have been having this issue for a few weeks. Whenever I watch a video, my pc will randomly freeze up after sometime sometimes immediately but usually every 10-20 minutes. It happens with any video platform I tried: youtube & netflix in both Chrome and Edge, and also VLC...
  4. Windows 10 Freezes while watching online videos

Windows 10 Freezes while watching online videos: Hi All,I had recently got a PC built and every time i watch online videos, windows freezes and does not allow me to do anything. I am not even able to shutdown, restart or even sign out.I have done the following and yet nothing seems to fix the issue:1. Updated all drivers2....
  5. Computer micro-freezing when watching videos / GIFS online

Computer micro-freezing when watching videos / GIFS online: Hello all, few days ago I started having this issue : my computer constantly micro-freezes for small amount of time whenever I watch videos or GIFS online downloaded videos are without issues. Most of the time I watch online videos on youtube and when I do, my entire...
  6. Unusual Freeze After Extended Idling/Watching Videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unusual Freeze After Extended Idling/Watching Videos: Hey all, I've been having a strange recurring issue since updating to Win10 Version 20H2. Occasionally when idling or watching videos for extended periods, my PC will very slowly lose functionality. It's not quite a freeze or a crash - I can still move my mouse and interact,...
  7. windows 10 strucks or freezes while watching online videos.

windows 10 strucks or freezes while watching online videos.: i have a dell laptop model: dell g7 7588 . i bought it two months ago. it has intel i9-8 th gen with 128 gb ssd and 1tb hdd with nvidia GeForce gtx 1060 maxq with 6 gb ram. it is making me sick i bought it with 1,70,000 . please help me with it. windows 10 freezes...
  8. watching videos online

watching videos online: Trying to watch videos online and the view is huge. Cannot watch in normal view https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/watching-videos-online/4a64d85e-495d-4379-a778-f2791b689de2
  9. BSOD while watching online videos

BSOD while watching online videos: Many times when I watch online videos( youtube/netflix/others) my laptop freezes and after 10 seconds brings bsod with the error dpc_watchdog_violation. Any help ? 91321
  10. Computer freezing while watching video?

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing while watching video?: Not sure what's going on or if I should be worried about this but when I got up today and checked my PC (I had left it on while watching videos on VLC Media Player) I couldn't move my mouse or anything so I realized that it froze. I restarted it and about 10 minutes later...