Windows 10: Desktop freezes during reboots

Discus and support Desktop freezes during reboots in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; During reboot, My desktop Windows 10 freezes when it sees my 2nd external USB Backup HD. My setup is 2 external USB hard drives, one for all data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Johnny Fermanides, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Desktop freezes during reboots

During reboot, My desktop Windows 10 freezes when it sees my 2nd external USB Backup HD.

My setup is 2 external USB hard drives, one for all data the other is my 'backup' drive. I utilizing Windows backup.

:)

Johnny Fermanides, Mar 22, 2021

2. reboot/freeze problem

my computer runs fine for about 20-30 minutes and then reboots/freezes(sometime it reboots, sometimes it freezes)
    i have an evga 680i A1 board, 4x1gig xms2 dhx, q6600, 2x8800ultra's, 2x150gb raptors, pci-e wireless n card.

i have tried running the computer at stock speeds and voltages and have the same problem, so it's not an overclock issue.

it seems to be a software problem. but where do i start? the computer run @3.6ghz can run all night(9hours) orthos stable, but when im using it, it locks up every 20-30 minutes.

any suggestions?

Fitseries3, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Desktop freeze after log in

Hi Keith,

In order for us to find out what causes your desktop to freeze after logging in, we would like to gather more information:

• Did you make any recent changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • When the computer freezes, do you get an error message?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Mar 22, 2021
  4. ex_reven Win User

Desktop freezes during reboots

Freeze and reboot problems

Dont purchase a new one.
    Check that the problem was caused by your video card for sure.

Do what jock suggested by cleaning it etc before jumping to any conclusions and possibly wasting money.

ex_reven, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Desktop freezes during reboots

1. Desktop freezes during reboots - Similar Threads - Desktop freezes during

2. Windows 11 clean install freezes during reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 clean install freezes during reboot: Hello.I tried a clean install of win 11 on my Dell XPS 8930 using a bootable dvd media. The installation process goes fine and then the pc reboots. Then during the reboot, the pc freezes at “Getting devices ready 50%”. I had no other choice but to turn off the pc.I tried the...
  3. Windows 11 clean install freezes during reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 clean install freezes during reboot: Hello.I tried a clean install of win 11 on my Dell XPS 8930 using a bootable dvd media. The installation process goes fine and then the pc reboots. Then during the reboot, the pc freezes at “Getting devices ready 50%”. I had no other choice but to turn off the pc.I tried the...
  4. Build 22581 rolls back after freezing during reboot

Build 22581 rolls back after freezing during reboot: I've been receiving Windows Insider builds from the Beta channel for a few months now, and I'm having problems trying to install the latest one - 10.0.22581.100 ni_release.The update downloads successfully, completes the initial installation, successfully reboots, completes...
  5. Old Desktop freezes during boot-up

Old Desktop freezes during boot-up: I have an old Gateway brand desktop purchased 2011 that freezes immediately during boot-up. The device does power on, and it sounds as if the internal devices are all functional, but none of the I/Os appear to be functional and the desktop's power indicator remains on as if...
  6. Old Desktop freezes during boot-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Old Desktop freezes during boot-up: I have an old Gateway brand desktop purchased 2011 that freezes immediately during boot-up. The device does power on, and it sounds as if the internal devices are all functional, but none of the I/Os appear to be functional and the desktop's power indicator remains on as if...
  7. Old Desktop freezes during boot-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. PC freezes during load times in games, and then during startup after reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes during load times in games, and then during startup after reboot: Hi everyone,I've had this issues for a few weeks now. Every time I play a video game now, after a while could be ten minutes, could be two hours, my PC will freeze, and I have to do a hard reboot, and then it'll freeze again right after I've logged into Windows. It usually...
  9. PC freezes during load times in games, and then during startup after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes during load times in games, and then during startup after reboot: Hi everyone,I've had this issues for a few weeks now. Every time I play a video game now, after a while could be ten minutes, could be two hours, my PC will freeze, and I have to do a hard reboot, and then it'll freeze again right after I've logged into Windows. It usually...
  10. PC freezes during load times in games, and then during startup after reboot