Windows 10: Desktop frozen, persistent

Discus and support Desktop frozen, persistent in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using windows 10 on surface pro, and it has frozen on the desktop. I've tried restarting, and it does the same thing. I can't click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HannahRiden, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Desktop frozen, persistent

Hi,

I'm using windows 10 on surface pro, and it has frozen on the desktop. I've tried restarting, and it does the same thing. I can't click on anything, and the cursor is showing the moving circle like its busy. Last time I was using it successfully it kept throwing up a message in edge saying 'download successful, what do you want to do with the file?' It did this about 4 times, and I hadn't downloaded anything so kept pressing cancel.

I can ctrl alt del using the keyboard, but don't know what else to do. Please help.

Hannah

:)

HannahRiden, Jul 13, 2019

2. Frozen before desktop

My 2 year old computer did a windows 10 update overnight and I woke up to a frozen computer. It is stuck right before the desktop. I cannot do anything. I've pressed the normal buttons one would press and Nada.
    Rebooted by way of the power button. Boots to the same screen before the desktop and freezes. I cannot get into startmenu to get to safe mode.
    Any suggestions? F8 and F11 are not working.

Randommadness, Jul 13, 2019
  3. smom6 Win User
    Frozen desktop

We have a Dell Alienware desktop that is frozen and unresponsive. We tried all the simple solutions from the internet up to resetting to a save point a week earlier which worked for about 5 minutes. Are there any suggestions before we get to reinstalling
    Windows? Thank you

smom6, Jul 13, 2019
  4. jhumur Win User

Desktop frozen, persistent

Persistent Disk Activity on Windows 10

FreeBooter, I did as you suggested and rebooted. The problem persisted. I noticed that the Bitdefender services remained checked when I turned off all non-Microsoft related services in the steps above.

jhumur, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Desktop frozen, persistent

1. Desktop frozen, persistent - Similar Threads - Desktop frozen persistent

2. Persistent Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Persistent Desktop Folder: There is a folder on my Desktop. There is nothing in it. It is not used for anything. I do not want it. I cannot get rid of it. I have moved it to the Recycle Bin. I have Deleted it using Windows Explorer. I have DEL'ed it with DOS. I have removed it with...
  3. Desktop frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop frozen: When I Start Or Restart My Pc The Desktop Is Frozen, Cant Right Click Or Use The Taskbar But I can Move The Mouse Pointer Around The Screen. I Have Left The Pc For 5 minutes And An Hour In Case Something Was Working In The Background But Nothing. Only When I Press Ctrl Alt...
  4. desktop frozen and does not respond

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desktop frozen and does not respond: desktop frozen and does not respond. how to resolve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-frozen-and-does-not-respond/9fdb8fd7-1c8a-4820-88df-69df1b5f81fa
  5. desktop frozen and does not respond

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desktop frozen and does not respond: my desktop with window 10 frozen and does not respond https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-frozen-and-does-not-respond/6e259c82-b0f1-4e62-b945-f555d0bcab0b
  6. How to make Windows Desktop persistent?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make Windows Desktop persistent?: Hello! After Windows wakeup from sleep or if I restart Windows Explorer the view of the desktop ist messily. Sometimes I am able to refresh the view, sometimes I have to define the order. Do you know, how to set the desktop view permamently? Thank you for advice with...
  7. Removal of persistant information on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removal of persistant information on desktop: When I open the computer,the usual desktop icons are overlaid with a page obtained by clicking a link from a downloaded document. This page obscures most of the icons and limits what I can see or say. There is nowhere on the page to click to remove. It is driving me mad....
  8. Frozen desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frozen desktop: We have a Dell Alienware desktop that is frozen and unresponsive. We tried all the simple solutions from the internet up to resetting to a save point a week earlier which worked for about 5 minutes. Are there any suggestions before we get to reinstalling Windows? Thank you...
  9. Frozen before desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Frozen before desktop: My 2 year old computer did a windows 10 update overnight and I woke up to a frozen computer. It is stuck right before the desktop. I cannot do anything. I've pressed the normal buttons one would press and Nada. Rebooted by way of the power button. Boots to the same screen...
  10. BSOD - windows 10 frozen & no desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    BSOD - windows 10 frozen & no desktop: Sorry - see Forum BSOD. 39393