Windows 10: Desktop/Fullscreen bug

Discus and support Desktop/Fullscreen bug in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having this problem for a while now and I haven't found a solution. I don't know exactly how to describe it but it usually happens when I alt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Daniel852, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Daniel852 Win User

Desktop/Fullscreen bug

I've been having this problem for a while now and I haven't found a solution. I don't know exactly how to describe it but it usually happens when I alt tab. It's only happened when I play league of legends or when I have discord open. Lets say I'm on chrome and I alt tab to open Spotify, discord will show in the background even though it's not open its in my system tray I cant click on it but I can exit out of it if I remember correctly. With league of legends I'm in a game loading screen fullscreen and I alt tab, it opens another tab but league is still open in the background it should s

:)

Daniel852, Apr 26, 2021

2. Automatically moving a fullscreen window onto a new desktop

Hi Joel,

In Windows 10, there is an option to open an app in a fullscreen view. This way, it will be possible for you to make the fullscreen window move to a new desktop. Follow these steps to do so.

• Right click on the application.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on the Shortcut tab.
    • Beside the Run option, click on the drop-down menu and then choose Maximized.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Apr 26, 2021
  3. ss2020 Win User
    Desktop items open Libreoffice; windows bugged and flickering

My mother's PC had the most bizarre bug I've ever seen this morning.

PC specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Version: 1903 when problem occurred (1909 now)

What happened:
    • all desktop items, including folders, opened in Libreoffice Writer; once open it displayed a blank document then began flickering as if it had bugged while scrolling
    • opened Task Manager from the task bar, selecting the second tab opened the final tab, which began flickering like Libreoffice
    • problems stopped after a restart, then occurred again after another restart; then stopped after the PC ran for a short time
    • no error popups or BSODs
    • she said Candycrush reported an error earlier but it didn't occur when I looked at it; she said it mentioned "something about the desktop"

Steps I've taken:
    • did a quick virus scan then reboot scan with Windows Defender; no problems found
    • sfc /scannow; no problems found
    • installed update KB4537572 and upgraded system to 1909; updates appear to have been successful, no other updates available

At the moment the problem has disappeared, but since it reoccurred previously I'm not sure it hasn't been fixed.

I'm out of ideas. What else can I check and what other tests can I run? Based on the given information could anyone suggest what the problem might be?

ss2020, Apr 26, 2021
  4. cxxvii Win User

Desktop/Fullscreen bug

Strange bug with fullscreen youtube vidoes on second monitor in chrome

I am experiencing a strange bug in chrome, whenever I put a youtube video into fullscreen mode, I can see my desktop along the left side and the top. I'm not sure what is causing this bug, as it has only started happening recently and only on a monitor without a task bar. I have provided a screenshot to make things more clear.

Desktop/Fullscreen bug [​IMG]

cxxvii, Apr 26, 2021
Thema:

Desktop/Fullscreen bug

1. Desktop/Fullscreen bug - Similar Threads - Desktop Fullscreen bug

2. Fullscreen Screen Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen Screen Bug: I'm not sure if it only applies to games, but everytime I open a fullscreen game for the first time after booting up my laptop, my screen glitches out after a little while few minutes? and the game freezes. I have to close the game because it is unresponsive. I don't really...
  3. Fullscreen Screen Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fullscreen Screen Bug: I'm not sure if it only applies to games, but everytime I open a fullscreen game for the first time after booting up my laptop, my screen glitches out after a little while few minutes? and the game freezes. I have to close the game because it is unresponsive. I don't really...
  4. Microsoft Store games Fullscreen bug

Microsoft Store games Fullscreen bug: When i play a game that i downloaded from microsoft store "Minecraft For Windows 10" "Roblox" and i move my camera/mouse down ingame my taskbar shows, or when i move my camera/mouse to the top the close button shows...
  5. Fullscreen bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen bug: Hello everyone,I need help with something, when I play minecraft for some reason whenever I use fullscreen my fps drops like crazy in certain maps, and it still happens after I tried all the optimizations I could think of....
  6. Fullscreen bug

Fullscreen bug: Hello everyone,I need help with something, when I play minecraft for some reason whenever I use fullscreen my fps drops like crazy in certain maps, and it still happens after I tried all the optimizations I could think of....
  7. Microsoft Store Minecraft Fullscreen Bug

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Minecraft Fullscreen Bug: This is the exact thing that happens to me. When I put my mouse to the bottom of my screen the taskbar appears, and when I put my mouse and the top of the screen, the top of the games window is visible. This only happens on the Microsoft version of Minecraft. Not only that,...
  8. brightness bug on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    brightness bug on fullscreen: Hi, i have a problem with all my apps on full screen like photoshop or zbrush, my screen's brightness is changed form 100% to 60% at sight. I checked all parameters about brightness in display's settings and the settings about energy and performance ratio. I can not found...
  9. Fullscreen bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fullscreen bug?: Whenever I go into any platform, watch a fullscreen video there, it just goes black, on youtube it only happens if the video is 720p or better, but in steam (the game launcher) it happens too. Help? submitted by /u/elestupidoguy [link] [comments]...
  10. Blackscreen fullscreen bug on certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen fullscreen bug on certain games: Hi, just wondering if anyone had or have the same issue playing assassin's creed origin or any other Ubisoft games, here is the problem blackscreen game/intro/hard reset (no audio) ... blackscreen minimized/closed/(audio) hard reset only happens in fullscreen so i brought...