Windows 10: Desktop gadgets

Discus and support Desktop gadgets in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have a quick question. My desktop gadgets disappeared after windows update. I've tried everything. What should I do, any suggestions? tnx 85116 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lady89nen, May 21, 2017.

1. lady89nen Win User

Desktop gadgets

Hello, I have a quick question. My desktop gadgets disappeared after windows update. I've tried everything. What should I do, any suggestions? tnx

:)

lady89nen, May 21, 2017

2. desktop gadgets

I suggest you have a look at this:
    http://8gadgetpack.net/.
    But be warned, it does open a security breach into your system.

Alan Russell, May 21, 2017
  3. Do you all want the gadgets for the desktop back?

Original Title: DESKTOP GADGETS

Do you all want the gadgets for the desktop back?

MinecraftGammer, May 21, 2017
  4. Desktop gadgets

Hi lady89nen. Welcome to the TenForums @lady89nen

Desktop Gadgets are not supported in Windows 10 as part of the basic OS. They were dropped with Windows 8.

Are / were you running a program to provide this functionality? If so I would re-install.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 21, 2017
  5. Can you be a bit more specific? Did you upgrade from Windows 7? If so Caledon Ken is correct, and you would need to download a third party version of Gadgets. If you had them on an earlier version of Windows 10, and upgraded to the CU, then Microsoft uninstalled the basic package as it's not an officially supported program, and if you try to re-install you will get an error. If you search for Gadgets in a fresh copy of Windows 10 you will find a lot of files as Microsoft still has them in the code, but they are not installed to be used, so what you need to do is look at the installed/modified date of when you installed them, and delete them, and then you can re-install the third party package. This is what happened to me, and that's how I fixed it.

Bobby Phoenix, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Desktop gadgets

1. Desktop gadgets - Similar Threads - Desktop gadgets

2. Desktop Gadgets for Windows 11, Windows 10, and Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Gadgets for Windows 11, Windows 10, and Windows 8.1: I have been using Desktop Gadgets for Windows 11, Windows 10, and Windows 8.1 for more than 6 or 7 years and I noticed for the last week or so maybe it's been longer, the gadgets do not appear to work any more. It appears like they are unable to communicate with any services....
  3. Desktop Gadgets for Windows 11, Windows 10, and Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Gadgets for Windows 11, Windows 10, and Windows 8.1: I have been using Desktop Gadgets for Windows 11, Windows 10, and Windows 8.1 for more than 6 or 7 years and I noticed for the last week or so maybe it's been longer, the gadgets do not appear to work any more. It appears like they are unable to communicate with any services....
  4. Desktop Gadgets for Windows 11, Windows 10, and Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. High contrast mode messes with my desktop gadgets, any way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High contrast mode messes with my desktop gadgets, any way to fix it?: As you can see in the attached picture, The gadgets are being affected by the high contrast theme.Is there any way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-contrast-mode-messes-with-my-desktop-gadgets/76fc3820-03b0-4b98-9d4e-9f259e1b6f3c
  6. High contrast mode messes with my desktop gadgets, any way to fix it?

High contrast mode messes with my desktop gadgets, any way to fix it?: As you can see in the attached picture, The gadgets are being affected by the high contrast theme.Is there any way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-contrast-mode-messes-with-my-desktop-gadgets/76fc3820-03b0-4b98-9d4e-9f259e1b6f3c
  7. High contrast mode messes with my desktop gadgets, any way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. W10 desktop system gadgets,any?

W10 desktop system gadgets,any?: Hi guys. I want to monitor my PC system paramters like RAM,CPU freq/usage,GPU freq etc...via desktop gadget. I tried HWInfo gadget but it's gadget sucks. I have some old W7 system gadgets but I'm no sure if they are accurate with W10. I want it to run automatically when I...
  9. Any replacement for win7 desktop gadgets?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any replacement for win7 desktop gadgets?: I found it incredibly helpful to have my calendar available at a glance on the desktop. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be a thing anymore. Are there any workarounds that provide the same functionality? submitted by /u/HobieSailor [link] [comments]...
  10. (question) I was watching a video and saw these gadgets on the desktop, does anyone know...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (question) I was watching a video and saw these gadgets on the desktop, does anyone know...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DueCucumber1752 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5nhcw/question_i_was_watching_a_video_and_saw_these/