Windows 10: Desktop game icons from third party gaming platforms not working?

Discus and support Desktop game icons from third party gaming platforms not working? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem whenever i download games through steam or epic games; the game files do appear on my desktop, but appear as a white document, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheMaslankaDude, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Desktop game icons from third party gaming platforms not working?

Hi, I have a problem whenever i download games through steam or epic games; the game files do appear on my desktop, but appear as a white document, and whenever they are clicked nothing opens up, to which they can only be opened through those platforms. I tried reinstaling but with no luck

My question is: how do I fix this, so that I am able to open the game files from desktop instead of having to take the extra step of going into the platform.

submitted by /u/TheMaslankaDude
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheMaslankaDude, Mar 3, 2020
  2. ChloeShay Win User

Installing 3rd party apps on windows platform for gaming

I am a Windows user and also a gaming explorer. I have come across gaming supportive apps which allows to play android games on windows platform. As we only use our android mobile to play games. I also like to experience the
    gaming in a much wider screen such as my Desktop PC screen.

• Are these 3rd party apps are suitable for use to install on windows platform?
    • How are we going to assure the security of these apps?

Open for Discussion.

ChloeShay, Mar 3, 2020
  3. ChloeShay Win User
    Installing 3rd party Gaming Apps on Windows

I am a Windows user and also a gaming explorer. I have come across gaming supportive apps which allows to play
    android games on windows platform. As we only use our android mobile to play games. I also like to experience the gaming in a much wider screen such as my Desktop PC screen.

• Are these 3rd party apps are suitable for use to install on windows platform?
    • How are we going to assure the security of these apps?

Open for Discussion.

ChloeShay, Mar 3, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Desktop game icons from third party gaming platforms not working?

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Desktop game icons from third party gaming platforms not working?

1. Desktop game icons from third party gaming platforms not working? - Similar Threads - Desktop game icons

2. How do I download and open a third party game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I download and open a third party game: I have a HP Laptop 14 with windows 11 on it and I got it to play games on steam as well as to play this free cat game. How ever when ever I go to open any of it up to finish the download it tells me Microsoft doesn’t want me to do that. How do I fix this issue?...
  3. How do I download and open a third party game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I download and open a third party game: I have a HP Laptop 14 with windows 11 on it and I got it to play games on steam as well as to play this free cat game. How ever when ever I go to open any of it up to finish the download it tells me Microsoft doesn’t want me to do that. How do I fix this issue?...
  4. I have downloaded a game from third party website where it said to disable the windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have downloaded a game from third party website where it said to disable the windows...: I have downloaded a game from third party website where it said to disable the windows defender from a program inside the file. And I did it. But now I can't turn on the windows security. Whenever I am trying to open a white blank screen is opening and nothing else. I tried...
  5. third party calls.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    third party calls.: Is anyone having issues with making third party calls ? im using windows I already install and uninstall skype and restarted my computer. im using the latest version of skype. there is no dial pad available and it happen to several people.Moved from Spanish Forum...
  6. Third Party PS2 controller detected by Windows but not working with games.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third Party PS2 controller detected by Windows but not working with games.: Hello I bought a cheap third party ps2 usb controller to play games on win 10 pc. I plug it in windows detects it able to calibrate it but for some reason my games and apps will not respond to controller. If any ideal to what is going on it would help....
  7. Game transferring from platforms

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game transferring from platforms: I bought a game on my Xbox one, which is linked to my Microsoft account. I now have a pc and am trying to download the game through Microsoft store. When I go to the game it says that I own it, then I press install on my device and only my Xbox one that I originally bought...
  8. Changing gaming platform

Changing gaming platform: Hi, I am in the process of changing gaming platform from xbox live to PC. IS the function available to migrate my current gaming progress from xbox to my PC account? Or will I have to start from scratch again? C....
  9. Installing 3rd party apps on windows platform for gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing 3rd party apps on windows platform for gaming: I am a Windows user and also a gaming explorer. I have come across gaming supportive apps which allows to play android games on windows platform. As we only use our android mobile to play games. I also like to experience the gaming in a much wider screen such as my Desktop PC...
  10. Third party drivers

Third party drivers: I recently purchased a microscope and a microscope camera so I could view the microscope on screen, I loaded the driver and this seemed to be OK, however, when I connected the camera a fault code came up and the computer would not allow me to run the camera. I later found out...