Windows 10: Desktop Glitching & Going Blank

Discus and support Desktop Glitching & Going Blank in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello r/Windows10, quick apologies for any format errors, as this is my first time posting in this subreddit. Let's get to the point, so here's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MemesAndMarshmallows, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Desktop Glitching & Going Blank

Hello r/Windows10, quick apologies for any format errors, as this is my first time posting in this subreddit.

Let's get to the point, so here's a quick summary of the issue:

When booting up my device, the screen is fine, but the logon UI and the desktop like to glitch a lot (almost matrix style) with the occasional screen going blank, and the most severe case of this is present on my taskbar. Whenever this happens, I am still able to move my cursor and use my keyboard to interact with things. I don't think this is a physical problem with the display, as the previously said boot-up is perfectly fine.

Here's what I've tried to do to fix the problem so far:

• Updated Windows
    • Updated Drivers
    • Rebooted

Any help is much appreciated, thank you!

submitted by /u/MemesAndMarshmallows
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MemesAndMarshmallows, Nov 8, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

FIX SCREEN SO IT DOESN'T GO BLANK

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the computer screen goes blank after sometime, I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• Do you see any error message on the screen when the computer screen goes blank?
    • When you say “I need to fix it so that doesn't happen” how are you fixing the screen?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, you may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

If you are using a Desktop, then the first thing I would suggest you to do is check if the cables are connected properly.

Method 1: Refresh Graphics driver

I suggest you to try refreshing the graphics driver by using the key sequence
    Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B and see if that helps.

Method 2: Update graphics driver

I suggest you to try updating the graphics card driver and see if that helps. To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the display driver and select
      Update Driver
    4. Restart the computer.

Article for reference: Update drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 8, 2020
  3. O0mix0O Win User
    O0mix0O, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Desktop Glitching & Going Blank

Freely moving desktop icons in windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the blank space on desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck Align icons to grid.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any other assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Glitching & Going Blank

1. Desktop Glitching & Going Blank - Similar Threads - Desktop Glitching Going

2. Blank Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Desktop: I turned on my surface laptop this morning and it prompted me to sign in to windows, even when the face recognition was working. I followed the instructions and when finished, I went back to my desktop and it was almost blank. Only had an icon of google earth, Chrome, Edge...
  3. Blank Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Desktop: I turned on my surface laptop this morning and it prompted me to sign in to windows, even when the face recognition was working. I followed the instructions and when finished, I went back to my desktop and it was almost blank. Only had an icon of google earth, Chrome, Edge...
  4. blank window on desktop won't go away.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blank window on desktop won't go away.: Hello, all! I've got a blank window that has appeared on the lower right side of my desktop. It covers a good part of my screen, which makes it hard to work with two windows at once or even one window maximized. It just appeared for no reason ... I didn't change any settings...
  5. blank window on desktop won't go away.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blank window on desktop won't go away.: Hello, all! I've got a blank window that has appeared on the lower right side of my desktop. It covers a good part of my screen, which makes it hard to work with two windows at once or even one window maximized. It just appeared for no reason ... I didn't change any settings...
  6. blank window on desktop won't go away.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My Games Desktop Icons go blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Games Desktop Icons go blank: Hi. I'm a Windows 10 user. I have steam games installed on my laptop and some of them are ugly so I decided to change it using some ICO files which are converted from good icon images on Internet. However, after changing it by right clicking to the icon, going to Properties,...
  8. blank screen glitch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    blank screen glitch: whenever i try to log in, my desktop doesn't load until about one hour after logging in, how do I fix this??i have tried many, many solutions, but none of them worked, updating drivers, restating explorer.exe, restarting, rolling back drivers and update, none of that worked...
  9. Desktop Background keeps going to a blank screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Background keeps going to a blank screen: My desktop background randomly goes through a picture file, but it occasionally stops on a blank screen. A right click and click on "Next desktop background" brings up another picture in the file. How do I stop it from going to a blank screen?...
  10. Desktop iCONS GO BLANK IN WIN 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop iCONS GO BLANK IN WIN 10.: How can I fix my problem of all my desktop Icons going blank. I tried finding some kind of reset command but it doesn't help. I have to shutdown the pc the get them back but they eventually go blank again....