Windows 10: Desktop goes blank and flickering whenever I execute explorer.exe

Discus and support Desktop goes blank and flickering whenever I execute explorer.exe in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After login, my screen went blank. Taskbar was shown but it flickering, and I can't accessed anything. It've been three days, I tried safe mode with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GalangTirta Yudha, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Desktop goes blank and flickering whenever I execute explorer.exe

After login, my screen went blank. Taskbar was shown but it flickering, and I can't accessed anything.
    It've been three days, I tried safe mode with networking, but the result I got was not good. It still same. One second of normal desktop, then boom, blank again.
    I read on the internet, that maybe a White Screen Virus, then I tried to scan it on rescue disk, Linux, even I tried to install fresh copy of Windows and scanned my old Windows, but nope, no virus at all.
    Then I tried safe mode with cmd, and, it worked. No white screen issue. Then I executed my antivirus, and still no virus. Then I disabled all boot applications, services, and pretty much anything that I can disabled. Reboot to normal mode and the problem was still there.
    Reboot again to cmd mode, and open an application in task manager, and I can accessed it in file manager. When I thought that it had been repaired I executed explorer.exe in my cmd, my desktop shown but still blank and flickering.
    Why on Earth, I can access my file in file explorer but not my desktop? Both of them have same executable, dont they?
    Can somebody help me how to resolve this problem, I can reinstall my windows, but I hate to reinstall all of my applications, plus, my I forgot my cd key, and I dont want to buy it again, so please, anything except reinstall.
    Btw, sorry for my English. It's not my native language.
    Thank you so much for your help!

:)

GalangTirta Yudha, Jun 3, 2019

2. Screen goes blank or flickers

I installed Win 10 prof on two AIO computers that seem to go blank while watching videos. Moving the mouse seems to wake the screen for a moment, but then it goes blank again. This happens just on Facebook and YouTube sites. Sometimes the screens will flicker
    on and off or just go blank like they are in sleep mode. Moving the mouse brings back the screen for a few seconds and then it goes off again. I also noticed that this happens using Internet Explorer or Google Chrome, but not in Firefox.

Is there a fix for this strange problem?

***Moved from: Internet Explorer / Internet Explorer 10 / Other/Unknown***

drsteve807, Jun 3, 2019
  3. AlanR246 Win User
    Screen flicker and hangup on desktop screen

The short term fix for me was to roll back to Windows 7. I did not have the time to work through the issues but will try again in a week or so. I had a call in to the Microsoft Answer Desk and got a call back after I rolled back. Pasted below are the suggestions
    to attempt find the problem. In my case, I suspect Norton was the culprit since that was the common product on both my desktops and I was not seeing a flicker in Task Manager window.

From the Microsoft Answer Desk:

Here are the Steps for the Flickering issue.

If we see the screen flickering after sign-in there are two possible causes - apps causing Explorer to crash, or display driver issues.

To start, press this key combination: CTRL+SHIFT+ESC

If this opens Task Manager and that window is NOT flickering:The likely cause is Software Compatibility issue causing Explorer.exe to crash repeatedly.

• Use the File, Run option in Task Manager to open additional tools as-needed. Be sure to check the box to run tools as Administrator. These could include:

appwiz.cpl: Opens Programs and Features

compmgmt.msc: Opens Computer Management

cmd.exe
    • You can search for crash events in the Event Logs and find if any third party DLLs are the faulting module in the Explorer,.exe crashes Or uninstall software that is likely to include shell extensions.
    • If removing software does not resolve the issue, use these commands to repair Windows:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow
    We have reports that removing these apps help resolve the issue:

• Norton Antivirus
    • Other AV solutions
    • iCloud
    • IDT Audio (faulting module IDTNC64.cpl)
    If Task Manager is flickering, or it didn't open, proceed with display driver troubleshooting:
    The likely cause is a display driver or display hardware issue.

• Boot to Safe Mode with Networking.
    • Use the same steps here as for Black Screen issues - if dual chipset, disable built-in graphics, if still flickers, try with only the other chipset enabled.
    • If this does not work, or there is only a single chipset, uninstall the device and remove the driver software.
    • Then boot into Windows and update the drivers to the latest from the manufacturer.
    Here are the Steps for the Flickering issue.

If we see the screen flickering after sign-in there are two possible causes - apps causing Explorer to crash, or display driver issues.

AlanR246, Jun 3, 2019
  4. advent123 Win User

Desktop goes blank and flickering whenever I execute explorer.exe

Window 10 desktop flashes "Please Wait" spinning circle then goes blank

Thanks for your response. The computer is assembled by my son at home. It has mostly Asus components. The screen is not actually flickering. Rather it goes blank after flashing the "Please wait" screen. Since the screen is blank I cannot really go through
    the troubleshooting steps. Thanks again.

advent123, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Desktop goes blank and flickering whenever I execute explorer.exe

1. Desktop goes blank and flickering whenever I execute explorer.exe - Similar Threads - Desktop goes blank

2. Windows 11 - rightclick only on executable *.exe freezes Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - rightclick only on executable *.exe freezes Explorer: Hello all,if I rightclick an executable explorer in windows 11 hangs. Only on executables. Rightclick on documents is not a problem.I need for example "compatibility tab" for some older apps to alter scaling.Does anybody has an idea?Yours Holger...
  3. Windows 11 - rightclick only on executable *.exe freezes Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - rightclick only on executable *.exe freezes Explorer: Hello all,if I rightclick an executable explorer in windows 11 hangs. Only on executables. Rightclick on documents is not a problem.I need for example "compatibility tab" for some older apps to alter scaling.Yours Holger...
  4. csrss.exe goes blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    csrss.exe goes blank: To whom it may concern...I solved this problem but...When I click on csrss.exe... am important Windows process, the screen just goes... blank.I clicked from it from the System32 folder.But after that, it shows a black screen with a cursor. Then it fails to configure a windows...
  5. Powerpoint goes blank

Powerpoint goes blank: I have been doing online presentations since Covid started, with my powerpoint on my laptop screen, and my notes on a 2nd monitor. Suddenly, anytime I click on my notes, or anything else outside of the powerpoint, my presentation will go blank. I haven't changed anything on...
  6. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes blank: After I boot my PC, it is working well for about ten minutes and then the screen goes blank. After that I cannot do anything and have to press control+alt+delete. The task manager is not showing any errors...
  7. Error executing exe file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error executing exe file: Every time I try to download something by running an exe file, the computer keeps rebooting. It always reboot during download after running exe file. What should i do fix the problem? Pls help me.. submitted by /u/gevatte [link] [comments]...
  8. Magic puzzles. Whenever an ad finishes my screen goes blank and stays blank for hours. If...

Magic puzzles. Whenever an ad finishes my screen goes blank and stays blank for hours. If...: Whenever an ad finishes my screengoes blank and stays for hours when it does come back it starts all over https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/magic-puzzles-whenever-an-ad-finishes-my-screen/2032dcde-009e-43d4-9cc6-c66cb1c8ab54
  9. No exe can be executed

No exe can be executed: Hello. I tried to execute an exe file created by the compilation of code in MS Visual studio 2015 but it doesn't work. Every time i try to execute it stucks. Specifically in command prompt, Ctrl+C doesn't work. Then I tried to compile the code in other apps. But the...
  10. screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    screen goes blank: Good Day This is my first time posting in a forum but I have not been able to resolve my issue. My windows has been recently upgraded to windows 10, and before it has a chance to get to the login screen it goes blank. i have used the installation usb to access advanced...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet explorer flickers and goes blank