Windows 10: Desktop goes to sleep even though power settings are set so it never sleeps. Not sure where...

Discus and support Desktop goes to sleep even though power settings are set so it never sleeps. Not sure where... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I think this started after applying a windows update, but I’m not sure which one. submitted by /u/teknic111 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/teknic111, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Desktop goes to sleep even though power settings are set so it never sleeps. Not sure where...

I think this started after applying a windows update, but I’m not sure which one.

submitted by /u/teknic111
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/teknic111, Dec 12, 2020

2. Settings to configure power and sleep are not working

I set the setting for turning off the screen to 2 minutes and the screen never goes OFF, even overnight. I had a similar problem previously and changed the value in the power and sleep settings and in the sleep plan settings. That cleared the problem. Not
    this time.

TIA for your suggestions. .

SweetTasha, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Device goes to sleep, regardless of power settings

I am having nearly the same issue. Mine is not intermittent though. No matter what I do in the settings for power, my computer goes into Sleep mode after 2 minutes. I also ran the steps supplied by the tech and got the same results: changed nothing to help
    me, and ended up resetting my power settings to default values. This didn't bother me much since the settings didn't work anyway.

Can someone help us with this? I was previously on Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10. I never had an issue on Win7. As I am a student and have to read a lot of stuff for school on my computer, this is super frustrating. I have to move my mouse every minute
    to keep my computer from going to sleep.

Thanks for any suggestions, but please don't insult my intelligence with some instructions on how to change my power settings. I and the original poster seem to have at least a basic grasp on self-troubleshooting and have hit on all of the typical setting
    changes, to no avail.

Thank you!

kingfiggle, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Desktop goes to sleep even though power settings are set so it never sleeps. Not sure where...

system against settings goes into sleep mode authomatically

Hi Marek,

Can you give me the steps you did to disable Sleep mode? This is to provide the best troubleshooting steps. For now, set Power Options in the Control Panel to never sleep. Here's how you can do this:

• Press Windows key on your keyboard, type Control Panel and click the search result.
    • On the search box on the upper-right corner of the window, type Power Options and click
      Power Options.
    • Click Change plan settings on the Power plan you're using.
    • Change the option for Put the computer to sleep: to
      Never

I'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Desktop goes to sleep even though power settings are set so it never sleeps. Not sure where...

1. Desktop goes to sleep even though power settings are set so it never sleeps. Not sure where... - Similar Threads - Desktop goes sleep

2. Computer turning into sleeping mode even though the settings says never

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer turning into sleeping mode even though the settings says never: I got an issue with 3 new computers in my company, I'm the IT Tech and I just configured 3 Intel computers LAPBC710 with the last Windows 11 Pro version.One of the 3 won't update to the last W11 update I don't know why but this is the only computer of the 3 that hasn't the...
  3. Computer turning into sleeping mode even though the settings says never

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer turning into sleeping mode even though the settings says never: I got an issue with 3 new computers in my company, I'm the IT Tech and I just configured 3 Intel computers LAPBC710 with the last Windows 11 Pro version.One of the 3 won't update to the last W11 update I don't know why but this is the only computer of the 3 that hasn't the...
  4. PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never: My PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never How can I tell what is causing the sleep and after how long? What could be causing this? 179941
  5. Why overheating even though laptop power setting is set to sleep?

Why overheating even though laptop power setting is set to sleep?: I'm running Windows 10 Pro v.2004 OS Build 19041.264 on a laptop. The power settings are for the screen to turn off after 10 minutes and the laptop to go to sleep after three hours. The laptop is always plugged in. Hard Disk Sentinel is set to give me alerts that the laptop...
  6. Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep: I've set my monitors to never sleep yet they do so on an irregular basis. They can go weeks w/o sleeping yet today they went to sleep twice in less than a 1/2 hour. I just double checked my settings and they are still set to never sleep. I did just start using Helios Display...
  7. Sleep and power settings

Sleep and power settings: after last windows up date I have no control over any other settings except for 1 hour for the monitor and 2 hours for the CPU and yes I did save the settings. Please help & thank you ....
  8. "Never sleep" settings in Windows 10 don't work. My Desktop computer goes to sleep...

"Never sleep" settings in Windows 10 don't work. My Desktop computer goes to sleep...: There are many posts similar to mine and I have read them all. I have followed all suggested tips however they don't fix the problem. Please help. The hours of lost productivity time is driving me CRAZY! Please help!...
  9. Power & Sleep Setting

Power & Sleep Setting: The Power and Sleep settings for both Screen and Sleep do not respond to the settings saved. After a minute or two the screen reverts back to my Lock Screen and I have to sign in again to continue working. This happens with either browsing or accessing a document and...
  10. Computer Keeps Going to Sleep Even Though Sleep Settings Are Off

Computer Keeps Going to Sleep Even Though Sleep Settings Are Off: Basically I've been having problems with my new laptop where it will go into sleep mode while I'm using it. All of the sleep and hibernating settings are off, but for some reason the computer still goes into sleep mode. It also seems to go into sleep mode faster when I'm...