Windows 10: Desktop going in a loop after I reset it

Discus and support Desktop going in a loop after I reset it in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So today I did a reset on a desktop that meant to delete the current data and reinstall windows I left it be while it was doing its thing and when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FlipFlofSlipSlop, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Desktop going in a loop after I reset it

So today I did a reset on a desktop that meant to delete the current data and reinstall windows I left it be while it was doing its thing and when I came back it had a screen asking for some basic informarion like the timezone, country I was in, preferred language, etc.

Once I click next after putting in the information, a blue screen titled “Why did my PC restart” and it says “Theres a problem that’s keeping us from getting your PC ready to use, but we think an update will help get things working again”

So then i click next again and the first time, it went to a network section where I connected to the wireless signal. Then it went to a “Just a moment...” screen. The desktop stays on this screen for maybe 10 minutes and then goes dark and pops up with the dell screen and the repeats this same process of basic information, why did my pc restart, then just a moment, but doesn’t ever go back to the list of networks to connect to.

:)

FlipFlofSlipSlop, Sep 30, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Reset failed and now stuck in reboot loop

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Can you provide the error message that you receive when Reset failed?

2. Are you trying to Reset and Remove Everything or Keep Files?

As per the information you have provided, I understand that you are stuck in a reboot loop. I would suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if you are able to boot into the desktop.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Once you are able to boot, I would suggest that you try performing the reset again.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Desktop going in a loop after I reset it

Stuck in a loop after windows performed repair

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the information required to help you resolve the issue.

As per the information that you have provided, I suggest that you perform Power Drain as you are stuck in a loop and this might help you access the desktop screen. To learn how to perform this follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power
      cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Desktop going in a loop after I reset it

1. Desktop going in a loop after I reset it - Similar Threads - Desktop going loop

2. Infinite loop after reseting Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infinite loop after reseting Win10: I have a Dell laptop. I used the reset option to wipe out personal files and reinstall windows. After going through each if the set up steps, basics, network, services, etc. It loops back to basics again and starts right back at choose a language. The computer does not...
  3. Stuck on reset loop after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on reset loop after update: Hi guys, I got an HP laptop a few days ago, it was/ is linked to my gmail account as login when it Asks for online or offline user account.Today after an update I’m stuck on a loop of Windows is updating and then just resetting all the time. I can’t get it to boot into safe...
  4. After windows Reset, it's stuck in a loop.

After windows Reset, it's stuck in a loop.: Windows 10. Windows was frozen and locked me out so I had to restart the computer using hard shut down. Once it was back to login screen, I put in my password and it was spinning in the login screen and it loaded the desktop. I tried couple more times. I tried Safe Mode...
  5. PC reset loop after factory reset

PC reset loop after factory reset: I recently performed a factory reset on my laptop and after the reset was done and it was time for the configuration I put in my country, application language, keyboard layout and time zone, I received an error message saying that I needed an update and to plug it in and...
  6. Loop after PC Reset

Loop after PC Reset: I had just reset my pc, completely removing all accounts and files. I slept during the process of it installing Windows and I woke up to the screen of Hi there but my mouse pad wasn't working so I had to force restart my laptop by holding the power button. I opened it up...
  7. After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop

After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop: Hello! My computer was encountering some issues so I decided to factory reset it, to make sure that I could properly install everything I needed to help it run optimally. I stuck in my USB with Windows 10 Home on it and I effectively restored the computer to its factory...
  8. Stuck in loop after Factory Reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in loop after Factory Reset: So I went ahead and factory reset after not using the PC in a while, and it being slow when I last used it about a year or so ago. It is a Dell Inspiron 3252. Now my issue is the loop I'm stuck in. It first prompts me with the "Hi there" screen, asking me to set up country...
  9. Restart Loop After Factory Reset

Restart Loop After Factory Reset: I've tried doing reseach on what the problem is, and from what I've gathered, this is a bug, but I havent seen anyone say how I can fix it w/o having to download something. But heres my story: My laptop, a Dell Inspiron 15 that I've had for about 2 years now, was running slow...
  10. Looping after factory reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Looping after factory reset: I got a Dell 5559 on Windows 10. I was having a problem where the computer showed it was connect to internet but it wouldn't pull up any web page or do anything that requires internet. I tried to do a factory reset and now it's looping with this screen. Any help? [img] 103586