Windows 10: Desktop Gone, Some new UI taking up entire screen, need to revert back

Discus and support Desktop Gone, Some new UI taking up entire screen, need to revert back in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I dont know how this happened, but now my desktop is gone, and it changed to some weird view. I think its called Task View. Here is a screenshot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by forkinator, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Desktop Gone, Some new UI taking up entire screen, need to revert back

I dont know how this happened, but now my desktop is gone, and it changed to some weird view. I think its called Task View.

Here is a screenshot.

Desktop Gone, Some new UI taking up entire screen, need to revert back [​IMG]

I just want my old desktop back. The normal desktop with normal icons. Help is greatly appreciated.

:)

forkinator, Mar 8, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

The shortcuts bar on the desktop is taking up my entire screen

Perhaps you mean the start screen/start menu.

Are you in tablet mode?

Do you have start full screen set On?

dalchina, Mar 8, 2019
  3. New Steam UI out today!

I feel like an old man but I hate this new UI. Its to confusing. Plus my firends list stopped working.

TheMailMan78, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Desktop Gone, Some new UI taking up entire screen, need to revert back

Windows 10: Start Menu Taking Up Entire Screen

My Start Menu is not working as expected. The Start Menu took up the my entire screen. I still can see the taskbar and its apps(Start Menu, Back, Search and Task View). I clicked 'Back' a few times, but nothing is happening. Under Settings, the toggled start
    menu for full screen is turned off, but it still takes up my entire screen. I have tried right clicking the windows icon on the taskbar, and clicking on desktop, but it shows only the wallpaper, the original apps on my desktop is not showing up. I have also
    tried going to task bar and start menu properties, but I do not see a Start Menu tab on it. I have also tried resetting my computer, but it only lasts for a few hours before the problem rose again. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to do?

Tze Jen Soh, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Gone, Some new UI taking up entire screen, need to revert back

1. Desktop Gone, Some new UI taking up entire screen, need to revert back - Similar Threads - Desktop Gone taking

2. Update makes games take up entire CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update makes games take up entire CPU: I usually go to bed around 9:30 EST on Tuesdays, and when I get back home around 2 PM Wednesday after waking up, my PC has restarted most weeks, without my consent, as usual. I believe this is the Tuesday patch. However, the past update made any games I play take up my entire...
  3. Timing when screen revertes to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Timing when screen revertes to desktop: When I stop working for a few minutes the screen saver comes on. It is very annoying. How can I change the time when this happens. It now revertes in about 4 minutes....
  4. Some Backing Up issues

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Some Backing Up issues: I have been trying to prepare for a (long overdue) Backup of Windows 10, using a system image. Unfortunately I have become somewhat confused. I had hoped to use AOMEI Backupper Standard which to me looks clear and easy to follow but for some reason no one has explained it...
  5. Need assistance with answer file, and some changes reverted after

in Windows 10 Support
    Need assistance with answer file, and some changes reverted after: This tutorial will show step by step how to completely automate Windows Setup and OOBE: Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10 - Windows 10 Tutorials For Edge favorites, you can use Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) to set them in Audit Mode before...
  6. Reverting back to 8.1...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reverting back to 8.1...: I "upgraded" to Win 10 using Windows Update. However, given the problems I'm experiencing - Skype won't even connect - I think I'm going to revert to 8.1. My question is...what happens then? Can I use WU to update to 10 again? And if that failed to work out again, can I...
  7. Take computer back to original start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Take computer back to original start up: I have a*Surface Pro 3 that I want to give to my son. I want to remove my account & return it to the initial setup state. Can someone tell me how to do this? Thanx 75019
  8. System on Control Panel reverts back to Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    System on Control Panel reverts back to Desktop: After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, through the Microsoft free upgrade, my first attempt ended in Windows 7 being automatically "reinstalled" and useable. After research, I discovered that one's antivirus program should be disabled as well as all USB-connected...
  9. Screen reverting to desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen reverting to desktop: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 last week. Since then I am facing two problems. . 1. When I am searching for a file in My documents , Downloads etc the screen reverts to Desktop forcing me to start every thing afresh. 2. When I am typing a mail or preparing a...
  10. The shortcuts bar on the desktop is taking up my entire screen

in Windows 10 Support
    The shortcuts bar on the desktop is taking up my entire screen: Do you know how to completely remove the bar on the desktop that has all of the annoying shortcuts? I have taken them all off of the bar but the background remains. Some way or another, it has gotten stretched out and it fills up my entire screen. *Mad I do not want that bar...