Windows 10: Desktop Gone, Some new UI taking up entire screen, need to revert back

Discus and support Desktop Gone, Some new UI taking up entire screen, need to revert back in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I dont know how this happened, but now my desktop is gone, and it changed to some weird view. I think its called Task View. Here is a screenshot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by forkinator, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Desktop Gone, Some new UI taking up entire screen, need to revert back

I dont know how this happened, but now my desktop is gone, and it changed to some weird view. I think its called Task View.

Here is a screenshot.

Desktop Gone, Some new UI taking up entire screen, need to revert back [​IMG]

I just want my old desktop back. The normal desktop with normal icons. Help is greatly appreciated.

:)

forkinator, Mar 8, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

The shortcuts bar on the desktop is taking up my entire screen

Perhaps you mean the start screen/start menu.

Are you in tablet mode?

Do you have start full screen set On?

dalchina, Mar 8, 2019
  3. New Steam UI out today!

I feel like an old man but I hate this new UI. Its to confusing. Plus my firends list stopped working.

TheMailMan78, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Desktop Gone, Some new UI taking up entire screen, need to revert back

Windows 10: Start Menu Taking Up Entire Screen

My Start Menu is not working as expected. The Start Menu took up the my entire screen. I still can see the taskbar and its apps(Start Menu, Back, Search and Task View). I clicked 'Back' a few times, but nothing is happening. Under Settings, the toggled start
    menu for full screen is turned off, but it still takes up my entire screen. I have tried right clicking the windows icon on the taskbar, and clicking on desktop, but it shows only the wallpaper, the original apps on my desktop is not showing up. I have also
    tried going to task bar and start menu properties, but I do not see a Start Menu tab on it. I have also tried resetting my computer, but it only lasts for a few hours before the problem rose again. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to do?

Tze Jen Soh, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Gone, Some new UI taking up entire screen, need to revert back

1. Desktop Gone, Some new UI taking up entire screen, need to revert back - Similar Threads - Desktop Gone taking

2. Desktop does not take up entire screen after using VR headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop does not take up entire screen after using VR headset.: I have an aw3423dwf monitor. Recently I've noticed the desktop image doesn't take up the entire screen. It is close to the bezel but there is still screen display that's not being used. I know this because the image will sometimes shift and one side will have a thicker bar...
  3. Desktop does not take up entire screen after using VR headset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop does not take up entire screen after using VR headset.: I have an aw3423dwf monitor. Recently I've noticed the desktop image doesn't take up the entire screen. It is close to the bezel but there is still screen display that's not being used. I know this because the image will sometimes shift and one side will have a thicker bar...
  4. Backing up not there/gone wrong?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backing up not there/gone wrong?: Complex Context:I had to reset but keep the personal files on my PC because it was getting broken my OS. After resetting I wanted to back up the fresh reset with the few programs I always install VPN, Chrome etc.. I backed up using my spare 1tb hardrive as I used a 500gb ssd...
  5. Backing up not there/gone wrong?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backing up not there/gone wrong?: Complex Context:I had to reset but keep the personal files on my PC because it was getting broken my OS. After resetting I wanted to back up the fresh reset with the few programs I always install VPN, Chrome etc.. I backed up using my spare 1tb hardrive as I used a 500gb ssd...
  6. Backing up not there/gone wrong?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Apps not Taking Up Entire Screen Space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps not Taking Up Entire Screen Space: [IMG] Recently, I've realized that my applications (not just browsers) won't take up the allotted space (located in red) on the screen when pushed to the left and right. Is there any way to reset this function? I'm pretty sure it's not the browser as I've tried this on...
  8. Programs when maximized won't take up the entire screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs when maximized won't take up the entire screen: I believe a setting related to the 'notifications' app in the taskbar for Windows 10 just changed my display set up. Or at least I was trying to dock the notifications window back onto the taskbar when things changed. The problem... when programs are open they do not take up...
  9. Screen reverting to desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen reverting to desktop: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 last week. Since then I am facing two problems. . 1. When I am searching for a file in My documents , Downloads etc the screen reverts to Desktop forcing me to start every thing afresh. 2. When I am typing a mail or preparing a...
  10. The shortcuts bar on the desktop is taking up my entire screen

in Windows 10 Support
    The shortcuts bar on the desktop is taking up my entire screen: Do you know how to completely remove the bar on the desktop that has all of the annoying shortcuts? I have taken them all off of the bar but the background remains. Some way or another, it has gotten stretched out and it fills up my entire screen. *Mad I do not want that bar...