Windows 10: Desktop hard drive wiped after most recent windows update

Discus and support Desktop hard drive wiped after most recent windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, After the recent mid December 2018 windows update, upon restart I found my hard drive to be completely wiped, nothing left, no operating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Resz, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Resz Win User

Desktop hard drive wiped after most recent windows update

Hi All,

After the recent mid December 2018 windows update, upon restart I found my hard drive to be completely wiped, nothing left, no operating system. This is a 2016 HP desktop running an i7 with a 512 SSD drive. Any thoughts?

:)

2. How to wipe a hard drive

modder I already used kill-disk. The deletion is done, I need to reinstall everything.

floridajerseyguy, Dec 18, 2018
  3. 2wicked Win User
    2wicked, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Shadin Win User

How to wipe a hard drive

The best utility to use to wipe a hard drive is definitely DBAN. You can do an all-out wipe, or simply write all zeroes to the drive.

Darik’s Boot and Nuke – DBAN

Shadin, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop hard drive wiped after most recent windows update - Similar Threads - Desktop hard drive

2. Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.: Hello,My desktop icons and my recycle bin are no longer on my desktop. I just saved a word document and it does not save to my desktop when I save it to there. How do I get my icons and recycle bin back to my desktop?And, how I do I get documents, such as Word, to actually...
  3. Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.: Hello,My desktop icons and my recycle bin are no longer on my desktop. I just saved a word document and it does not save to my desktop when I save it to there. How do I get my icons and recycle bin back to my desktop?And, how I do I get documents, such as Word, to actually...
  4. Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Hard drive wipe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive wipe: Hi,I need to wipe a external hard drive to reuse in another system. I thought about using ccleaner but I know it is unsafe. Just so you know I don't want to format it.Thanks...
  6. Wiping hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wiping hard drives: I am selling a pc it has 3 drives installed, i factory reset the pc and chose to delete all files, will this delete the files from all 3 drives or just the drive with the OS on?...
  7. repair loop after most recent update - encrypted hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    repair loop after most recent update - encrypted hard drive: Hi all, would really appreciate some help with this problem! I have an HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 installed and a whole-disk Veracrypt encryption. In the past, I have had issues booting correctly after updates, and I thought that I had disabled automatic updates,...
  8. Hard drive wipe after updates

Hard drive wipe after updates: Good evening, It seems that all of my files and settings are continuously wiped after all updates. In multiple instances, I have checked the "Windows.old" folder, but its most recent files date back to July of last year. I am running Windows 10 with Kali Linux as a virtual...
  9. Wiping Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Wiping Hard Drive: Hello! I just downloaded a bootable windows onto an usb stick and I from there booted up the computer from the USB stick and formatted all the disks inside the laptop. Then exitted the program. Now when I boot up the computer it just says "No operating System Installed" My...
  10. Windows 10 Update Wiped Hard Drive

Windows 10 Update Wiped Hard Drive: When I saw a forced Windows update, I assumed it was a minor security update and not the one that it pretty obviously was. My bad, I assumed that Windows update would actually automatically check before it processed with installing anything given the sheer number of issues...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wont activate after wiping ssd

2. hp computer wiped everything when after an update

3. hp ssd wiped after update

4. hp issue of hard drive after update microsoft,
  5. d drive on windows 10 wiped fully after updates