Desktop has a thin white line which shows up under icons after, 1803 u

Discus and support Desktop has a thin white line which shows up under icons after, 1803 u in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is after the 1803 update which was forced on me sometimes, if I move my mouse cursor over the icon that has the white line under it the line goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by p5200, Jul 11, 2018.

1. p5200 Win User

This is after the 1803 update which was forced on me sometimes, if I move my mouse cursor over the icon that has the white line under it the line goes away? Sometimes it will be a vertical line. If I remove the wireless mouse receiver from my tower, it will also go away. I don't think it's a problem with mouse or receiver because I don't have this problem on the tower that is running Windows 7? Thanks! *Smile

:)

p5200, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Peter1986C Win User

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 11, 2018
  3. res0khor Win User
    white line under icons on taskbar

icons on taskbar in windows 10 has a white line under all programs list in it that are open, is there a way of removing it?

res0khor, Jul 11, 2018
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    • Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    • I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    • Click OK
    • Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thema:

1. Desktop has a thin white line which shows up under icons after, 1803 u - Similar Threads - Desktop has thin

2. Windows 10, While any Office Desktop App is Running, screen has yellow cast

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, While any Office Desktop App is Running, screen has yellow cast: This problem started in June after major Windows updates (I'm on build 17134, Intel UHD630); Hoped it would be patched by now, but no. When I start Windows 10 desktop, with HD monitor, everything looks fine. When I start any Office desktop app such as Word or Outlook, a...
  3. My desktop HP Pavilion p6777c has started randomly restarting itself frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My desktop HP Pavilion p6777c has started randomly restarting itself frequently: I blew it out with compressed air well. It did seem better for a day or two, but now it is frequently restarting just like it did 2 days or so ago!...
  4. one of my desktop shortcuts has a green checkmark, why ?

in Windows 10 Support
    one of my desktop shortcuts has a green checkmark, why ?: As the title says. It happens to only one of many shortcuts I have on the desktop. Wonder why and how do I fix that? I have tried restart. That did not fix it. I have only Windows Defender. No other av program installed. [img] 112918
  5. Reinstalled Windows 10 has 2 Desktops, the 2nd is above ThisPC Window.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalled Windows 10 has 2 Desktops, the 2nd is above ThisPC Window.: I have a 2nd Desktop above ThisPC access via the up arrow ( up one level ). I have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB, that should be a clean install, but the problem is still there - how?. Have i got the wrong end of the stick, or was the Windows structure always like...
  6. New User Has No Icons On Her Desktop...

in Windows 10 Support
    New User Has No Icons On Her Desktop...: The labels are there, but there is no/blank icons...please help. 77799
  7. Has anyone seen this behavior when dragging windows on the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Has anyone seen this behavior when dragging windows on the desktop: You're welcome, Bree! Kind regards Kin Shing (aka Dave) Glad I could help. . And thank you for adding the MSI instructions so that others can benefit.
  8. desktop has suddenly diasappeared from the monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop has suddenly diasappeared from the monitor: My computer had frozen so I had opened taskbar to close the programme that i was working on. Somehow the desktop disappeared and has been replaced with windows theme background with apps screen. when i go into my computer , the desktop items are still present How do I get...
  9. Windows has messed up my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows has messed up my desktop: I was messing around in the notification area and all of sudden my desktop has changed, every app I've opened takes full screen, and won't restore down, they will minimize. All the desktop icons are hidden, there's something similar to the start menu on the left side of the...
  10. Desktop view has become the view of a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop view has become the view of a folder: Running windows 10 for several months but only recently the main desktop view when computer comes onhas acquired the look of a folder only with the normal desktop colors. That is, there is white band across the topwith such things as `| name | Size | Item Type | Date...