Windows 10: Desktop has a thin white line which shows up under icons after, 1803 u

Discus and support Desktop has a thin white line which shows up under icons after, 1803 u in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is after the 1803 update which was forced on me sometimes, if I move my mouse cursor over the icon that has the white line under it the line goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by p5200, Jul 11, 2018.

1. p5200 Win User

Desktop has a thin white line which shows up under icons after, 1803 u

This is after the 1803 update which was forced on me sometimes, if I move my mouse cursor over the icon that has the white line under it the line goes away? Sometimes it will be a vertical line. If I remove the wireless mouse receiver from my tower, it will also go away. I don't think it's a problem with mouse or receiver because I don't have this problem on the tower that is running Windows 7? Thanks! *Smile

:)

p5200, Jul 11, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 11, 2018
  3. res0khor Win User
    white line under icons on taskbar

icons on taskbar in windows 10 has a white line under all programs list in it that are open, is there a way of removing it?

res0khor, Jul 11, 2018
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    • Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    • I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    • Click OK
    • Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thema:

1. Desktop has a thin white line which shows up under icons after, 1803 u - Similar Threads - Desktop has thin

2. Why is there a thin White line in my desktop background?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there a thin White line in my desktop background?: So I recently updated windows and after restarting the system I found this thin white line in the center of my screen. I haven't installed or updated anything recently rather than windows. This line is not some kind of windows as it is nor selectable or interactable. And also...
  3. Why is there a thin White line in my desktop background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there a thin White line in my desktop background?: So I recently updated windows and after restarting the system I found this thin white line in the center of my screen. I haven't installed or updated anything recently rather than windows. This line is not some kind of windows as it is nor selectable or interactable. And also...
  4. Black screen with thin line of desktop on top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with thin line of desktop on top: Have a black screen on top of desktop and can interact with the desktop and computer itself as well as the cursor but only in the thin area. The only way I know I’m interacting with it is because of color change and the cursor will appear in the clear area on top but has an...
  5. Black screen with thin line of desktop on top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with thin line of desktop on top: Have a black screen on top of desktop and can interact with the desktop and computer itself as well as the cursor but only in the thin area. The only way I know I’m interacting with it is because of color change and the cursor will appear in the clear area on top but has an...
  6. White Lines Under Apps in Start

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    White Lines Under Apps in Start: Once I opened OneNote in My Windows 10, it just not opened! Annoying White Line is coming below the icon! I just hate it. The white line is coming under Microsoft Solitaire Collection and Microsoft Store too!...
  7. Why is there a white line under my start menu icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is there a white line under my start menu icons: Why is there a white line under my start menu icons? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-a-white-line-under-my-start-menu/b71fb895-734f-4878-a3a7-7e0738efbcfd
  8. Desktop used to see thin white line between apps icons

Desktop used to see thin white line between apps icons: On this desktop, I used to see a thin white line show up between 2 desktop app icons when I was moving it over the desktop screen to assist me where the new desktop app icon would be placed. Lost it recently. Imagine a thin white horizontal line below CA FTB and above CA...
  9. White Lined Border around Desktop Icon after I click on it

White Lined Border around Desktop Icon after I click on it: Hi! I am using "Windows 10 Pro", and I have this issue for a long time: When I am on the Desktop I see all the icons like this: [ATTACH] Than I clink on an Icon, so I highlight that, it's OK: [ATTACH] Than I sideclick on the Desktop to unmark the icons, and that white...
  10. my desktop screen is divided by a thin line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my desktop screen is divided by a thin line: please help me a thin line has divided my screen into two equal half after l uninstall and reinstall office 2010. Is my system going to crash. Please l need urgent help. Thank you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. white line under icons