Windows 10: Desktop has been deleted

Discus and support Desktop has been deleted in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I ran an automatic windows update and on restarting my laptop the entire desktop has gone. All I jave is a blank screen with a Recycle bon in the top... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JennyRobson, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Desktop has been deleted

I ran an automatic windows update and on restarting my laptop the entire desktop has gone. All I jave is a blank screen with a Recycle bon in the top left hand corner. Any advice please?

:)

JennyRobson, Nov 26, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Nov 26, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Desktop has been deleted

How can i restore my accidental deletion of about 1/2 of my desktop icons

Hi,

Since your desktop icons are not in the Recycle Bin, we suggest that you create a new shortcut for your preferred applications. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop > New > Shortcut.
    • Enter the path of the application you want to create an icon or select Browse... > click OK > Next > Finish.
    Note: If the deleted icons on your desktops are not shortcuts, but are saved files, it may be possible to retrieve them if they are saved in OneDrive.

Let us know if you have other inquiries.

Regile Reb, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Desktop has been deleted

1. Desktop has been deleted - Similar Threads - Desktop has been

2. Deletion of a microsoft account whose gmail has been deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deletion of a microsoft account whose gmail has been deleted: I had an old account very old account which got hacked due to some issues so i deleted all related emails and gmail apart from microsoft account. Now I have made a new one but I want to remove the old one and give the new one administrative power.Any possible way to do both...
  3. Deletion of a microsoft account whose gmail has been deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deletion of a microsoft account whose gmail has been deleted: I had an old account very old account which got hacked due to some issues so i deleted all related emails and gmail apart from microsoft account. Now I have made a new one but I want to remove the old one and give the new one administrative power.Any possible way to do both...
  4. Deletion of a microsoft account whose gmail has been deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. My windows security has been deleted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows security has been deleted.: Recently I just downloaded a pirated game. I don't turn off the window security to ensure that the game doesn't contain any virus or malware. Although the game installed successfully and also runs. But when I start the pc on the next day I noticed that my windows security has...
  6. My windows security has been deleted.

My windows security has been deleted.: Recently I just downloaded a pirated game. I don't turn off the window security to ensure that the game doesn't contain any virus or malware. Although the game installed successfully and also runs. But when I start the pc on the next day I noticed that my windows security has...
  7. How can I know if a browser has been used if history has been deleted?

in Browsers and Email
    How can I know if a browser has been used if history has been deleted?: As a parent, I would like to know if my teen son is once again cheating and bypassing parental controls. Im using Microsoft Family Safety, I wonder if therere ways to bypass it. If you delete browsing history on a browser (such as Chrome, Firerox etc) and from the cloud, how...
  8. How can I know if a browser has been used if history has been deleted?

How can I know if a browser has been used if history has been deleted?: As a parent, I would like to know if my teen son is once again cheating and bypassing parental controls. Im using Microsoft Family Safety, I wonder if therere ways to bypass it. If you delete browsing history on a browser (such as Chrome, Firerox etc) and from the cloud, how...
  9. superfetch has been deleted on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    superfetch has been deleted on my laptop.: Superfetch was deleted from my services menu. How can I add it back to the menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/superfetch-has-been-deleted-on-my-laptop/ba44bcc8-a3a2-4324-8b5a-a115cbcf63bb
  10. How to delete a MBR when partition has already been deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to delete a MBR when partition has already been deleted: I was using external drive and was using Macrium Reflect to clone my primary drive once a week. I decided to use a different drive for the cloning and decided to delete the partitions on the original drive I was using. I successfully deleted the first two partitions and...