Windows 10: Desktop has disappeared

Discus and support Desktop has disappeared in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I switched on laptop tonight I got a Microsoft screen asking me to pin something. I now cannot escape from this Microsoft, or access my desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JudyAtkinson, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Desktop has disappeared

When I switched on laptop tonight I got a Microsoft screen asking me to pin something. I now cannot escape from this Microsoft, or access my desktop. I seem to be going round in circles. I can't even switch off other than by closing the lid

:)

JudyAtkinson, Apr 2, 2020

2. Desktop Disappeared After Windows 10 Update

After upgrading to windows 10, my desktop completely disappeared, sometimes it will flash for a micro second. The Desktop folder is still in my folder list and I can access it that way but prefer to have access to my desktop. I saw the other thread where
    it suggested a clean boot, but this did not work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Jessica23Q, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Rule-R Win User
    Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Desktop has disappeared

Desktop Icons disappeared

Hi Kinsley,

• Are you referring to the desktop icons?
    • When did the icons disappear? Did you make any changes to the system Settings?

It's possible that your device is in Tablet mode. I suggest you to turn it off and check if the icons appear. To do so, select the
    Action center icon on the taskbar (the little message box next to the date and time), and then select
    Tablet mode to turn it on or off.

Also refer the following thread which discusses about a similar issue.

Windows 10 - Desktop icons disappeared - I may have hit something that is causing my problem

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Desktop has disappeared

1. Desktop has disappeared - Similar Threads - Desktop has disappeared

2. second person on desktop computer has disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    second person on desktop computer has disappeared: My husband and I share a desktop computer. We each had a startup page, but only one shows up now, the other one is completely gone. Don't know how to get it back or what happened?...
  3. Desktop has disappeared

Desktop has disappeared: When logging on I just get a black screen but my mouse cursor is there and moves around freely. by using ctr alt delete I can open task manager which shows no activity. then I restart Explorer and then open file location I can then start a desktop app and it works but my...
  4. My desktop has disappeared on my PC

My desktop has disappeared on my PC: My desktop has stopped loading when i open my laptop. Instead the Microsoft/Windows app page loads. No success at all trying to get help from Microsoft, or my PC support...
  5. My Desktop has Disappeared

My Desktop has Disappeared: I am using the latest version of Windows 10 updated as of today. Last week, the desktop and task bar suddenly disappeared, I was able to use System Restore to get it back. It disappeared again today and system restore can't be accessed or anything else use the search...
  6. My windows desktop view has disappeared

My windows desktop view has disappeared: My desktop menu and icons have disappeared on its own 10 minutes. How can I reset it to 4 hours ago? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-desktop-view-has-disappeared/72ed7eeb-52fe-4e7b-80cf-b8a2b695138f
  7. Desktop Network icon has disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Network icon has disappeared: Yesterday I did a repair install and followed that up with some of my normal tweaks such as changing desktop icons, removing icons from explorer navigation pane and such. This morning I noticed that my desktop network icon has disappeared. You can see from the pic that my...
  8. Desktop Network icon has disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Network icon has disappeared: Yesterday I did a repair install and followed that up with some of my normal tweaks such as changing desktop icons, removing icons from explorer navigation pane and such. This morning I noticed that my desktop network icon has disappeared. You can see from the pic that my...
  9. Taskbar has disappeared from the Desktop in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Taskbar has disappeared from the Desktop in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Taskbar is an integral part of the Windows desktop. It has been there since the release of Windows 1.0. Microsoft has been modifying it with a new design and making it a home for new features like Task View, [...] This post Taskbar has disappeared from...
  10. Desktop has disappeared

Desktop has disappeared: Following recent updates my desktop has disappeared. I still get the welcome screen but when I sign in the screen goes black with a few icons at the bottom (none of which work when I click on them). These also flash on and off with a little egg-time appearing next to the...