Windows 10: Desktop has laptop features, battery charge indicator, after 8.1 to 10 upgrade.

Discus and support Desktop has laptop features, battery charge indicator, after 8.1 to 10 upgrade. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hp envy, h81534pc upgraded to windows 10. everything seemed tp go well. had hard drive replaced under warranty so came back as 8.1 again. had trouble... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RBAGrizzly, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Desktop has laptop features, battery charge indicator, after 8.1 to 10 upgrade.

hp envy, h81534pc upgraded to windows 10. everything seemed tp go well. had hard drive replaced under warranty so came back as 8.1 again. had trouble locating free upgrade again on Microsoft web site but got it downloaded and now desktop seems to think it's a laptop. has battery charge icon on bar and power and sleep settings include on battery settings.

:)

RBAGrizzly, Jan 30, 2019

2. Where is the battery charge taskbar indicator?

I have a Asus Tablet. I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10.
    Where is the battery charge ICON for the task bar?
    To many times the tablet died for lack of a warning that the battery was low.
    1. Where is the battery charge app. located or is there a download?
    2. How do I install and display it in the task bar?

currentresident, Jan 30, 2019
  3. SJMaye Win User
    Tablet seems dead, but battery indicator shows charged.

I have a cheap Windows 10 (upgraded) tablet. It is a Best Buy Unbranded model UB15MS10. It has been having problems starting up and the battery seems weak even though the battery charge indicator shows near full.

When plugged in to the charger the red charging indicator LED is off which indicates it does not need charging and is not charging, however, when I pull the usb charging cable out of the tablet the screen goes black.

My gut tells me regardless of what the battery charge indicator says the battery is not charged, is bad and needs replacement. Before trying to find a battery and go through replacement I would like to know for sure. Can someone help me with some troubleshooting tips?

SJMaye, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Fred22 Win User

Desktop has laptop features, battery charge indicator, after 8.1 to 10 upgrade.

How many hours on 1 battery charge

I have an Dell Inspiron laptop and after each charge, the battery indicator may show anywhere fron 1 1/2 hours to over 3 hours. This session, I've been on for about 40 mintes and the battery indicator is showing that I have 3 hours and 17 minutes left (the most ever). I've had the computer since January, so it's less than 3 years old. How much time sould I expect to get on a single charge?

Fred22, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Desktop has laptop features, battery charge indicator, after 8.1 to 10 upgrade.

1. Desktop has laptop features, battery charge indicator, after 8.1 to 10 upgrade. - Similar Threads - Desktop has laptop

2. Battery not charging after upgrading to W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery not charging after upgrading to W11: Hi,Setup: Dell XPS 9500 2020 laptopIn mid-December I got a chance to upgrade to W11 from W10. I did it. About a week or so everything was running smooth.Then one day after a few hours of using my computer I noticed that the battery was running low. I was like "whaaat" ,...
  3. Battery not charging after upgrading to W11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery not charging after upgrading to W11: Hi,Setup: Dell XPS 9500 2020 laptopIn mid-December I got a chance to upgrade to W11 from W10. I did it. About a week or so everything was running smooth.Then one day after a few hours of using my computer I noticed that the battery was running low. I was like "whaaat" ,...
  4. I am charging my laptop, but battery indicator Win 10 shows that it's running on battery.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am charging my laptop, but battery indicator Win 10 shows that it's running on battery.: I need to reset win 10 on my laptop Lenovo Y50-70. But to do that, the pc has to plugged in, which it is. But the battery indicator shows that it's running on battery and therefor I'm not allowed to reset windows. So windows think that I'm running on battery. Does anybody...
  5. Battery Charging Indicator

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Charging Indicator: As the PC power level drops below a certain level an message appears to "plug in the charger", a few seconds later another message appears "shutting down the computer". By the time I plug in the power supply the computer has shut down To assist me in paying more attention...
  6. Laptop battery not charging

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop battery not charging: After the recent update KB4532695 my laptop battery has stopped charging. when I connect the directly to the power supply it briefly shows its charging then a few seconds later it stop. now I have to work with the laptop when its constantly connected to the power supply....
  7. battery not charging indicator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery not charging indicator: Hello. Not sure which topic this should be posted under; please redirect me if need be. After updating a couple of days ago, the battery indicator says "XX% available (plugged in, not charging). I tested the battery and there doesn't appear to be any fault. I'm guessing...
  8. battery charge indicator no longer on tool bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery charge indicator no longer on tool bar?: Battery charge indicator no longer on tool bar after last update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-charge-indicator-no-longer-on-tool-bar/81370439-3195-4db4-9d9a-f750385d9589
  9. Battery charge percentage shows 1% after reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery charge percentage shows 1% after reboot: Hoping some computer wiz can help me out here, Im at a loss... My system: Dell Inspiron 7373 2in 1 with 64 bit Windows 10 pro, Intel i7 This laptop has done this since new. This thing is still under warranty but I really dont want to have to transfer all my stuff from it...
  10. Where is the battery charge taskbar indicator?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Where is the battery charge taskbar indicator?: I have a Asus Tablet. I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. Where is the battery charge ICON for the task bar? To many times the tablet died for lack of a warning that the battery was low. 1. Where is the battery charge app. located or is there a download? 2. How do...