Windows 10: desktop has suddenly diasappeared from the monitor

Discus and support desktop has suddenly diasappeared from the monitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer had frozen so I had opened taskbar to close the programme that i was working on. Somehow the desktop disappeared and has been replaced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Daylesh, May 22, 2017.

1. Daylesh Win User

desktop has suddenly diasappeared from the monitor

My computer had frozen so I had opened taskbar to close the programme that i was working on.
    Somehow the desktop disappeared and has been replaced with windows theme background with apps screen.
    when i go into my computer , the desktop items are still present
    How do I get the desktop with all the ICONS showing again.
    would be grateful for advice

:)

Daylesh, May 22, 2017

2. email in windows 10

how do I access older emails and folders as they seem to diasappear.

thank you

garryhughes88, May 22, 2017
  3. Abby D. Win User
    Display & resolution suddenly changed on 11/24/2017

Suddenly my display & resolution lowered and now the display doesn't take up the whole monitor (There is black space on both sides of the monitor). The resolution it used to be set at is no longer an option. Restoring to an earlier date only worked for a
    moment, then the screen suddenly changes again and then I'm notified that updates will be installing soon. From what I can figure out, a display driver is not updating properly or something?? I am stumped. I want to use the full size of the monitor! Most frustrating.
    Whatever is updating does not fix the problem. Can anyone help?

Moved fromdesktop has  suddenly  diasappeared from  the  monitor :(Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Desktop)

Abby D., May 22, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Did you restart the computer?
    Windows had a hard time booting into your User profile, so it logged into the Default Temporary User Profile. Restarting usually gets you back to where you were.
    How to Fix A Corrupt User Profile in Windows 10

spunk, May 22, 2017
  5. ScottTe Win User
    Restart is always the first aid for any malfunctions of PC. *chuckle

ScottTe, May 22, 2017
  6. Daylesh Win User
    restart made no difference
    managed to get desktop back,
    had somehow managed to click tablet mode. when the computer had crashed and i had closed an application from task manager

Daylesh, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. desktop has suddenly diasappeared from the monitor - Similar Threads - desktop has suddenly

2. Desktop Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Monitors: Does anyone know if there's a Windows compatible monitor that has the glossy surface, preferably 27 inches? All I see are matte screens, but these don't have the image quality I'm looking for. It seems that only phones, laptops and tablets have these screens. I know about the...
  3. Minidump file from sudden Monitor disconnect.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minidump file from sudden Monitor disconnect.: Was playing Valorant and my screen just stopped working. It wasn't off but it wasn't connected and it said "No Signal" on the screen. I could hear everything though. I have the most recent Windows Update and already tried DDU. Here's the minidump:...
  4. desktop suddenly has doubled icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop suddenly has doubled icons: double icons on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-suddenly-has-doubled-icons/21cdbdd3-47c1-4d81-ba99-c84b0ec0f53d
  5. Desktop suddenly fails to recognize second monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Desktop suddenly fails to recognize second monitor: When I start my computer, the BIOS message appears on one monitor in my dual monitor set up. But when the computer login message appears on my windows operating system, it appears only on the other monitor, and the desktop does not spread to both monitors. Rebooting used to...
  6. Put icons from desktop to monitor

Put icons from desktop to monitor: What does it take to transfer icons from desktop to attached monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/put-icons-from-desktop-to-monitor/f7501e15-050c-4f03-9716-839d2ac11189
  7. Desktop icons suddenly moved to 2nd monitor

Desktop icons suddenly moved to 2nd monitor: Two monitors connected to Dell XPS 15 through a thunderbolt dock. This set up worked perfectly for two years until I installed the recent zoom update. I tried uninstalling zoom and the issue persists. I installed the win 10 2004 update and still have the issue. The strangest...
  8. All of a sudden Monitor has green tint on new Inspiron 3470

All of a sudden Monitor has green tint on new Inspiron 3470: Worked on brand new Inspiron 3470 yesterday Windows 10 Pro updated when I powered on and all was fine, today I powered on and the screen has a green tint all over and the display resolution had changed! *Mad I have not altered any display customizations. I have been able to...
  9. Monitor no signal suddenly

Monitor no signal suddenly: Okay so here's the deal. I downloaded Windows 10 three to four weeks back from Windows 8 and everything was working fine in that time period. Last Friday I'm in the middle of a game and my computer crashes and then reboots but my monitor is receiving absolutely no signal at...
  10. Desktop Icons Rearranged To Laptop Monitor From External Monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Rearranged To Laptop Monitor From External Monitor: Windows 10 laptop. I connect it to an external monitor and use hdmi cable. My external monitor is my main monitor. I use the laptop monitor as the secondary monitor. I extend the display. My desktop icons are always on my external monitor desktop. I had moved the hdmi...