Windows 10: Desktop Highlighter

Discus and support Desktop Highlighter in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My mouse highlighter in Windows desktop has changed to little white dots when it should've been light blue by default. I've changed it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cyril Raifanda, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Desktop Highlighter

My mouse highlighter in Windows desktop has changed to little white dots when it should've been light blue by default. I've changed it in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors but it didn't work. How do I solve it?

:)

Cyril Raifanda, Apr 9, 2020

2. I cannot highlight files in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Does this issue occur with any specific files in the File explorer?

2) Does this issue occur n any specific drive?

3) Does this issue occur on Files on Desktop?

As a work around, I suggest you to highlight the files of the desktop(if any) and check.

I suggest you to check the issue in Safe Mode and see if it’s working slowly.

To enter Safe Mode in Windows 10:

• Restart your PC.

• Press Shift + restart
      before the Windows logo appears.

• Click See Advanced Repair Options.

• Click Troubleshoot.

• Click Advanced Options.

• Click Windows Startup Settings.

• Click Restart.

• You then see a list where you can choose
      Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking (depending on whether you think you’ll need the Internet).

I also suggest you to run system file checker scan and check the issue.

Sfc /scannow will inspect all of the important Windows files on your computer, including Windows DLL files. If System File Checker finds an issue with any of these protected files, it will replace it.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt (Admin).

• At the Command Prompt, type:
      sfc/scannow

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 10, 2020
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Apr 10, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

Desktop Highlighter

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Highlighter

1. Desktop Highlighter - Similar Threads - Desktop Highlighter

2. Windows 10 desktop icons highlighted in white when my mouse hovers accros them

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 desktop icons highlighted in white when my mouse hovers accros them: Hello,So im having a problem with my desktop. Everytime my mouse hovers accros a desktop icon it gets highlighted in white. When i refresh the desktop, My whole entire wallpaper is white. But then i have to hover over the icons with my mouse to get some of my wallpaper to...
  3. Windows 10 desktop icons highlighted in white when my mouse hovers accros them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 desktop icons highlighted in white when my mouse hovers accros them: Hello,So im having a problem with my desktop. Everytime my mouse hovers accros a desktop icon it gets highlighted in white. When i refresh the desktop, My whole entire wallpaper is white. But then i have to hover over the icons with my mouse to get some of my wallpaper to...
  4. Windows 10 desktop icons highlighted in white when my mouse hovers accros them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop icon highlight lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icon highlight lagging: So sometimes the desktop icon highlight starts lagging and skips some icons. This usually doesn't happen on all icons only some. Does anyone know a fix to this. Demonstration: https://youtu.be/k7360PkNnu4...
  6. Desktop icon highlight lagging

Desktop icon highlight lagging: So sometimes the desktop icon highlight starts lagging and skips some icons. This usually doesn't happen on all icons only some. Does anyone know a fix to this. Demonstration: https://youtu.be/k7360PkNnu4...
  7. How do you change the colour of icon highlights on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you change the colour of icon highlights on the desktop?: I'd like to know how to change the colour of a selected icon highlight on the desktop, because otherwise it's always light blue no matter what colours you choose in the personalisation settings.I know it means editing the registry which I've tried already, but I've only...
  8. How do you change the colour of icon highlights on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change the colour of icon highlights on the desktop?: I'd like to know how to change the colour of a selected icon highlight on the desktop, because otherwise it's always light blue no matter what colours you choose in the personalisation settings.I know it means editing the registry which I've tried already, but I've only...
  9. How do you change the colour of icon highlights on the desktop?

10. Windows 11 Desktop Icons When Selected the Highlighting is Hard to See on Blue Sky

Windows 11 Desktop Icons When Selected the Highlighting is Hard to See on Blue Sky: I have a desktop background wallpaper with lots of sky. My desktop is covered with icons. When I select an icon the background of the icon highlights.The problem is the default highlight color is light blue. Light blue on sky blue is almost impossible to see. I want to change...