Windows 10: Desktop holding all of the directorys?

Discus and support Desktop holding all of the directorys? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I'm not really sure how to fix this is anyone able to help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ImaWeeblo, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Desktop holding all of the directorys?

/u/ImaWeeblo, Jul 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 PC Not waking up at all

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the issue you are facing and appreciate the steps taken to solve the issue.

I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 12, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 12, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

Desktop holding all of the directorys?

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Desktop holding all of the directorys?

1. Desktop holding all of the directorys? - Similar Threads - Desktop holding directorys

2. Desktop Directory/Location problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Directory/Location problem: I changed the directory of my desktop to drive D thus merging my desktop with drive D and now all of the folders on Drive D appeared on my Desktop. I tried to change it back to the default location in C:\Users\Pc but now the Pc folder is also gone, and when I click the apply...
  3. All incoming calls are put on hold

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All incoming calls are put on hold: I'm running windows 11. Paired with my Android 11 phone. The pairing works just fine. I can text, I can see texts on my laptop. All good. But when I receive a call it goes on hold. And stays there. I have to call back to make it work. I can't find anything in settings...
  4. All incoming calls are put on hold

All incoming calls are put on hold: I'm running windows 11. Paired with my Android 11 phone. The pairing works just fine. I can text, I can see texts on my laptop. All good. But when I receive a call it goes on hold. And stays there. I have to call back to make it work. I can't find anything in settings...
  5. Active Directory Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active Directory Desktop: Hi, i will explain the situation.We have 20 people per one pc, In the past we had one windows local user account for those 20 people.. Now they have to start using active directory accounts , so they will have 20 AD account per PC.Everything is set up but the main problem is...
  6. Active Directory Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory Desktop: Hi, i will explain the situation.We have 20 people per one pc, In the past we had one windows local user account for those 20 people.. Now they have to start using active directory accounts , so they will have 20 AD account per PC.Everything is set up but the main problem is...
  7. Active Directory Desktop

8. Desktop directory not valid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop directory not valid: Hey there. I recently built a pc with a hard disk so I wanted to put the desktop in it. I did it through the properties and moved it to H:/User/username/Desktop Now if I try to open files from the desktop it gives me an error and says that the directory is not valid. If I...
  9. Desktop directory not valid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop directory not valid: Hey there. I recently built a pc with a hard disk so I wanted to put the desktop in it. I did it through the properties and moved it to H:/User/username/Desktop Now if I try to open files from the desktop it gives me an error and says that the directory is not valid. If I...
  10. Random files in all directories

in Windows 10 Support
    Random files in all directories: Hello, All over the desktop and in random folders on my USB stick I have XSL stylesheet files. The seem like Office/World style templates. If I delete them they reappear when office is opened. I tried to repair office but it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas why these are...