Windows 10: Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

Discus and support Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After I restart my Windows 10 pro, all my icons, file and folder keep in desktop were missing and it show other software icons. I go check my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Derick Loo, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

After I restart my Windows 10 pro, all my icons, file and folder keep in desktop were missing and it show other software icons. I go check my desktop folder C:\Users\yourusername\Desktop\myloginname, all my icons, file and folder is there but it not shown in my desktop. Why this happen and how I can show all my icons, folder and file on my desktop. I have try right click on the desktop -> VIew -> , the Show Desktop Icon was ticked.I have try to delete the Icon cached file and restart, it still the same.Please help. Thanks

:)

Derick Loo, Nov 26, 2023

2. Missing Desktop Icon Text

You can't rename or even create new folders, etc ... The icons are there I just took a screenshot to show what I was talking about. The icons are unclickable

Morrison5891, Nov 26, 2023
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Nov 26, 2023
  4. Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

Desktop icons missing?

i guess its not coz oc
    try to right click on desktop you will find show desktop icon

micropage7, Nov 26, 2023
Thema:

Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

1. Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon - Similar Threads - Desktop Icon folder

2. Desktop Blue Icon Replaced by Regular Folder Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Blue Icon Replaced by Regular Folder Icon: I had an issue with my computer that caused me to have to crash and restore it. In my user folder, the blue desktop icon has been replaced by a normal folder icon. I tried the right click on the properties, clicked location, then clicked restore defaults, apply and ok. I...
  3. Desktop Blue Icon Replaced by Regular Folder Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Blue Icon Replaced by Regular Folder Icon: I had an issue with my computer that caused me to have to crash and restore it. In my user folder, the blue desktop icon has been replaced by a normal folder icon. I tried the right click on the properties, clicked location, then clicked restore defaults, apply and ok. I...
  4. Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon: After I restart my Windows 10 pro, all my icons, file and folder keep in desktop were missing and it show other software icons. I go check my desktop folder C:\Users\yourusername\Desktop\myloginname, all my icons, file and folder is there but it not shown in my desktop. Why...
  5. Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon: After I restart my Windows 10 pro, all my icons, file and folder keep in desktop were missing and it show other software icons. I go check my desktop folder C:\Users\yourusername\Desktop\myloginname, all my icons, file and folder is there but it not shown in my desktop. Why...
  6. Desktop Icons Missing From Desktop Folder

Desktop Icons Missing From Desktop Folder: I was just starting to back up my C-drive important files in Windows 10 when I realized that there are several desktop folders, including a OneDrive folder, and all of them are missing several desktop icons. I have read read different threads on this subject and tried a...
  7. Some missing desktop icons and folders

Some missing desktop icons and folders: I had a shock a few days ago when I switched on my PC Windows 10 +all updates and booted up to the desktop. Instead of the usual 10 or so Icons, there were only 5 Icons. Even worse, when I started Windows Explorer, I found that My Documents was completely empty. Not a single...
  8. desktop icons folders missing

desktop icons folders missing: I accidently pushed something all my icons on desktop are not visible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-folders-missing/527a04e5-6679-4ef3-9c15-69ae680eed23
  9. desktop icons replace not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    desktop icons replace not working: When changing desktop icons in windows 10, desired icon does not load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-replace-not-working/cf863682-8c34-4108-a2b2-f4f03dccd57f
  10. New folder icons missing

in Windows 10 Support
    New folder icons missing: Hey Guys, I was using Folder Marker for sometime and then i decided to uninstall it. Upon which some of new folder icons were missing. I tried rebuilding Icon Cache and thumbnail cache but it didnt help much. Ive posted the screenshot below. I'm on Windows 10 Home...